merged; Players not playing tonight/Some players staying in Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Samphin, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Samphin

Samphin Dolphins Homer

Players not playing tonight

Rob Konrad, Wade Smith, Larry Chester, Chris Chambers, John Jones, and I think Tim Bowens (David?) all will not be at the game tonight. Matt Turk initially was also on the list (Big O's list) but apparently now there.

Looks like we may see a lot of Damien McIntosh and John St. Clair at LT tonight.

P.S. Big O is speculating that a trade of one of our top 8 LB's may happen by next Tuesday (cut down day) perhaps for future draft picks or package for a rb.

2. inFINSible

inFINSible Don't believe everything you think.

Eddie Moore might fetch a fair price....It's not like we'd miss him either....:hmmm:

3. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

I vote for the guy with the long name I cannot spell without looking it up. Bua :) J/K. Of course I mean Obenenadajo

4. Stamos

Stamos Banned Hammered

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You combined his BROTHER's first and last name. Thats funny man, his name is Brendan Ayanbedjo. Didn't need to look it up. Watch, I probably spelled it wrong too, but I am pretty sure I didn't. :D

5. inFINSible

I was just thinking who was worth the most....Brendan( :) ) is a likely cut, Moore is the only one we might be able to get a starting back out of.

6. Fresh

Fresh Banned Hammered

I thought all of Chambers' family live in Cleveland. What's his excuse? :confused:

7. AggieFin21

AggieFin21 The 12th Man

I know some people dont want to trade Moore away because they consider it "a waste of a 2nd rd. pick" but with the depth at LB, I think we can part with him. Anyone heard any rumors about who or what we would be aquiring should such a deal go down?

8. Samphin

Samphin Dolphins Homer

Big O's reasoning is solid. With us not being able to cut from our top 8 linebackers (Thomas, Seau, Greenwood, Ayanbadejo, Jenkins, Bua, Moore, Pope), due to being immediately picked up by someone else, we may be able to package them for pick(s) or a running back. He thinks that the coaching staff wouldn't feel comfortable using 8 spots for the LB's.

Moore would be my pick as well. Bua and Ayanbadejo wouldn't fetch much and Greenwood, Thomas and Seau are probably untouchable. Moore would probably be our biggest carrot in terms of tradeability and returns.

9. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

unless Miami can get something good for Eddie Moore, I don't see them giving him up because he was a 2nd round pick. That is just the way the NFL is. Unless they could get a TJ Duckett or N. Davenport

10. Samphin

Samphin Dolphins Homer

Actually, you did. :lol: Obafemi and Brenden Ayanbadejo. I probably spelled it wrong too...My question is this. Why is one kid named Brenden and the other Obafemi? What did Obafemi do to deserve that? Did he lose a bet or something?

11. patswho?

patswho? winner

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

12. FinzManiac

FinzManiac A True Fan

Eddie Moore? I could see it, but for who or for what....that is the question!

13. patswho?

patswho? winner

i dont wanna trade any of them, or linebackers are all old. exept for 1 of them.

14. patswho?

patswho? winner

of zach and seau retire or get traded, greenwood would play middle, and eddie also plays that, so hes got.

15. inFINSible

Because he was second round pick is exactly what makes him valuable.

16. MDFINFAN

MDFINFAN Reach for the Stars Super Donator Donator

It funny what a year can do, last year we were so afraid of one of our LB's getting hurt and now we're so deep at that position that we can trade one...What a draft and pickups...you go Speilman.

17. inFINSible

...and then his nick is "Femi".....yeesh, poor guy.

18. inFINSible

Amen!

19. Samphin

Samphin Dolphins Homer

I think Derrick Pope has taken over the backup spot for Thomas. The coaching staff is really impressed with him. Bua, Jenkins, Moore, Ayanbadejo are backups on the outside I do believe. I could be wrong though. I had heard the Greenwood tidbit earlier this preseason as well.

20. TouchDown

TouchDown Well-Known Member

Trade an old guy in his prime

For a running back in his prime.

21. citripia

citripia Well-Known Member

Some Dolphins stay in Miami....

Do you think that the office could do something to the players that didnpt make te trip, I hope not, they have the right to stay with theyers wives...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolgame090304,0,1719162.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

The Dolphins refused to release how many players didn't travel to New Orleans because of hurricane concerns, but it's known that two starters (left tackle Wade Smith and defensive tackle Larry Chester) whose wives are pregnant didn't make the trip.

Hey, Go luke to all of you for the game and for the stormm be safe...

22. Phinnhedd

Phinnhedd Logic, rarely used on here.

lol go luke... i think you mean good luck :D Thanks Citripia

23. citripia

citripia Well-Known Member

yes...

Well yes I mean good luck :roflmao:

24. Jorser

Jorser Insider

No Way.............

do they trade Eddie Moore. First off, he is the only LB with any size of the back ups. He is also a player who has great range and is being groomed to replace Seau in a yr or so and looks like a hell of a prospect to me. I think Bua is very overrated right now and would get killed if he had to play LB for any length of time. He may develop in to a fine LB at some point, but he is very small and does not appear to have the frame to bulk up. Intense guy, but I think all the hype about him is just that, hype. Pope is excellent and Brendan A. is average as a LB, better as a ST guy. Jenkins seems to have dropped off a bit and is also small for full time duty. We will not be trading the number one guy off the bench Eddie Moore, who could play for 16 games, NOW if he had to, now or in the future, in my opinion of course. Pick another one in Big O's trade rumor, it won't be Eddie Moore.

25. Pickles

Pickles Well-Known Member

Chesters wife is pregnant? oh that Larry what a machine

26. sphincter

sphincter Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Eddie Moore is close to being a bust IMO. Watch the preseason games and you will see he never gets off a block. It does not matter what size you are if you are always blocked off the play.

27. shane_109

shane_109 SHANE MURF

28. SmokeyPhinz

SmokeyPhinz Well-Known Member

I wouldnt agree to it if the Dolphins who stayed behind were fined or anything like that. Wade and Chester's wives are pregnant thus they cannot leave. Thats an exception in my book.

29. Phinsdude

Phinsdude Pro Bowler

Pack just traded a safety. I think SS. Send them Arturo and an LB for Davenport.

30. FinsOnTop

FinsOnTop Seasoned Veteran

That is one lucky innertube there Smokey. :eek:

31. Jorser

Jorser Insider

Give me a break, no way is he close to being a bust. The guy is just coming off of a major injury and has played all of what?........... 5 or 6 quarters of NFL football in his career and you are ready to label him a bust? I have seen him play, been to or watched every game so far. He overruns plays more than not being able to get off of blocks, both of which can be corrected with more snaps. While we incorporate smaller LB's in our scheme, you still can not be a midget in the NFL. Bua is small by even our standards for a LB.
    Moore makes plays, he is all over the field, and hits hard, exactly the kind of LB that can succeed in this system. Man give him a little time, he will not be bust. How the h_ _ _ can you label someone a bust when they have not even lined up in a regular season game for an entire game that matters?

32. sphincter

sphincter Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

1st off if you READ my post you might see it says "close " to being a bust. 2nd thing is you must have watched different games then I did. I played LB for awhile and I know one thing about it, if you can't get off blocks you can't make plays. Watch the replays of the 1st 3 p/s games and just watch him on the plays. Not willing to say he is a bust yet, but don't think he was worth a 2nd round either. I really hope I'm wrong about that. I've been know to be wrong b4.

33. FinFan Brazil

FinFan Brazil Well-Known Member

I pray to us give Davenport, but the cheese heads don´t want trade him :(

He can be a full time half back... :cry: