Merged: Ramsey may be the answer now/Dolphins interested in Ramsey

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolfan954, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Pro Bowler

2. LOCAL SCUM!

LOCAL SCUM! Banned Hammered

Look at that...We would have given up a draft pick FOR NOTHING! Nice goin' SABAN! Dont' trade ANY Picks. If this were Wanny and Spiels....we'd probably be missing our 2nd round pick right now. If he gave a 2nd for Feeley, what would they have given for Ramsey?..Rediculous.

3. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

The Skins asked for a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him. We didn't buy it. Then they asked for a 4th or 5th, which the Dolphins weren't sure about (since we don't have a mid-round pick)

I see Ramsey being cut

4. LoneWulF

LoneWulF Well-Known Member

to hell with ramsey when sam adams and lawyer milloy are out there waiting for us

5. TPD1479

TPD1479 Seasoned Veteran

Ramsey = Garbage....

6. Farmer

Farmer ROLL!

Noooooooooooooo Ramsey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Wouldnt Trust That Crap Pile As Our 3rd Stringer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Delphinus

Delphinus Backing Up The Best

I don't like what I see with Ramsey. He couldn't even beat out old man Brunnell for the starting job. That being said, if he came cheap (second stringer cheap) I'd look into it.

8. thecoordinator

thecoordinator Banned Hammered

agreed.

9. Mrmiami

Mrmiami Starter

Oh No, here we go again with the cheap 4th rate QB's!!!!! I hope they dont waste thier time or money/picks, whatever on Ramsey. I would stay with Gus before him but that aint gonna get us very far now is it?

10. POTHEAD

POTHEAD Banned Hammered

Its worth taking a chance on Ramsey. Ramsey could turnout to be good or he could turnout to be a Feidler or Ferrut. :sidelol:

11. Aqua and Orange

Aqua and Orange Poster With A Porpoise Finheaven VIP Donator

I agree (although Saban said he wanted to make the defense younger)

12. fins54

fins54 Scout Team

Please no to Ramsey..I live in the D.C. area and even fans here think he is a joke!

13. AquaInferno

AquaInferno Pro Bowler Donator

No way I don't wanna deal with havin Ramsey as our QB... This isn't fair!

14. Phishstix

Phishstix Finheaven's Fattest Pimp

screw them now, they should have traded him when we offered a 1st. dumbarses.

15. SuperMarksBros.

SuperMarksBros. Formerly Fiedler for MVP

adams, milloy? these guys are in the twilight of their careers. no thanks. i'd rather take a chance on ramsey for low $$ than take on these high priced has-beens.

16. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

patrick ramsey is terrible. did anybody see the game vs the skins a couple years ago....we killed that guy!!!!

17. OTackle50

OTackle50 Scout Team

Yes! Another backup quarterback! Go for it, it's worked out so well for us in the past.

18. PHINSfan

PHINSfan FinHeaven VIP

During this past month I was asking myself: Why are Saban and Comp. exploring the avalibility of Ramsey when we could just sign Brees as a free agent? Well I just figure it out! As we know Saban is a coach who appears to be always prepared. This CBA situation is something that I'm sure he prepared for. I'm sure that all along Saban was tryng to find out what is abailable out there in case this CBA mess prevented him from adquiring the FA Qb this team really needed. That is why, I believe he also looked at the situation with Culppeper. Saban probably knew that if this CBA messed could not be worked out we could not be able to afford getting somebody like Brees, so he explored other options. I, like everybody here would have loved to get Brees signed to a long contract, but that appears unlikely now. So...what do we do? Well that's were Ramsey comes in! he is still young, and with our present coaching staff (look what Mularky was able to do with less talented Qb's in the past) he can flourish here. He may cost us a 3rd Rd pick, but I believe it will be worth it. Ramsey is a cheaper monetary alternative to what we would have had to spend on Brees, and I do believe that he will be an upgrade to our current Qb. Any thought?

19. dominizzo

dominizzo CAMERON EARTH WAKE

I dont like washed up back ups

20. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan I gotta stop her from doing that

id rather have brodie croyle start over ramsey...i stilll think we go after brees we cant pass this up, plus i would imagine he would like to go here also

21. burger13

burger13 FinHeaven VIP

If the Redskins are smart (which I don't think they are)........Ramsey should be off the market. They should keep him and Campbell and give Brunell the boot. I don't know exactly what the cap savings would be for cutting Brunell, but I know that he is on the books for A LOT....over 6 million, I think it's a lot more than that.

I believe Ramsey only costs them 1.7 million, so that is a lot more managable, to keep as someone to compete with the guy you spent a 1st round pick on last year.

22. PHINSfan

PHINSfan FinHeaven VIP

LT21, who is a long time poster here and a bolts fan, just said that in San Diego Brees (in a morning radio station) told the listeners that he was now willing to sign a one year deal with San Diego. It seems that he really likes it there, besides even though I would love to have him here how can we compete with them from a monetary position. They are 17 mils under cap!! they can afford to give him a hefty one year deal....we cant!
    And in regards to Croyle, Saban is the type of coach who likes to start an experience Qb. Croyle may be ready in a couple of years, but now do to his small physique I dont see that as an option.

23. Dolfan5000

Dolfan5000 Mark my words, I'll get mine

He completley an urterrly sucks. So no, draft Croyle or Whitehurst and that'll end all this crap.

24. In_Flames

In_Flames A True Fan

if we are left Drew-less going into next season, then I'd like to of course draft a QB like Croyle anyways, then sign UFA McCown...if by some chance McCown is not an option then I guess Ramsey would be our last resort...

25. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan I gotta stop her from doing that

yah i know who LT21 is, that is a bummer. if thats the case then yah im not sure if we really have a chance, I just cant see why he wants to stay there, every offseason is going to be a qb controversy. he could come here and be the immediate starter for years. thanks for updating me though phins, i appreciate it

26. Farmer

Farmer ROLL!

I think itll be hard for you to find anyone in here who agrees that ramsey should come in and be our starter....

id rather have gus back there since it looks like brees might not be an option

27. DUB

DUB Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

We could land Ramsey for a 4th and it's still a bad idea.

28. NLude33

NLude33 Section 415, Row 17

You are wrong, cutting Brunell makes it worse.....

29. PHINSfan

PHINSfan FinHeaven VIP

I know you live upthere in VA, but the talk around here in South Fl during the past few weeks was that Saban had been looking at what it would cost to get Ramsey, and also that they were interested in Culppeper. Now, I respect your opinion on Ramsey...but dont you think with Mularkey and Randy (2 guys who know a lil bit about Qb talent) on board if they thought Ramsey sucked they would be wasting time trying to find out what it would cost to get him?
    As far as Croyle and Whitehust...I like them both, as well as Jacobs. Any of those 3 have what it takes to maybe become a good NFL QB. But not in the imediate future. I honestly dont see any of those 3 starting next year for any team.

30. Bellson

Bellson Starter

I may take some heat for this one but I'm going to say it anyway. Gus is a better QB than Ramsey. We need to keep all of our picks. Think some of you are quick to forget that we lost some picks by acquiring Cleo and Manny Wright.

31. Dolfan5000

Dolfan5000 Mark my words, I'll get mine

They didn't give up a fifth for him, if we did get him we'd use him for backup purposes.

32. Aqua and Orange

Aqua and Orange Poster With A Porpoise Finheaven VIP Donator

Yuck. I'd rather get someone who isnt someones garbage. Just toss Croyle in there.

33. Farmer

Farmer ROLL!

THANK YOU!!!!!! theres no sense in using picks to get the same grade of quarterback as gus! Ive watched every one of ramsey's games, hes a putz.

34. ShootinBlanks

ShootinBlanks Scout Team

I would rather have Ramsey than Mcnair, but would rather have Brees and then McCown before Ramsey. We just need to go younger than what we have whether it is through the draft or free agency.

35. Goin` Deep

Goin` Deep "Pick your guy and let it fly" Finheaven VIP Donator

You`re not going to get any heat from me, I`d much rather see Gus start. I just can`t see us acquiring Ramsey...cheap or not, he sucks.

36. Surferosa

Surferosa Run to Daylight

Im shocked people are so down on Ramsey. I hope the rest of the league is as pessimistic as some of you folks, as it would drive his asking price down the drain. Here are some facts about Ramsey.

1. Hes only 26, (still just a kid in the league).

2. In his NFL career, he has 34 TD's and 29 INT's. Not bad considering he played in Steve Spurriers mickey-mouse offense. Over the last two years, Ramsey's completion percentage is 61%.

3. Hes extremely smart, and was an honor student that graduated *** laude with a 3.5 GPA (in accounting and finance). He was also named a National Football Foundation/College Football Hall of Fame Scholar-Athlete (one of sixteen players nationwide)

4. Scored a 32 on the Wonderlic.

When you consider that hes got a cannon for an arm and sees the field pretty damn well, Id say hes a great buy-low target. His biggest problem has been the INT's, but something tells me thats a very correctable problem if Saban/Mularkey get their hands on him. Draft picks or not, hes a guy we definitely have to go after.

37. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Who D Best?

I hope not. I can hear the boos at Dolphins Stadium now "Intoducing Dolphins offensive starters. At quarter back number #$ Patrik Ramsey" Crowd-"BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

38. PAFINFAN090

PAFINFAN090 Well-Known Member

at one point, the redskins starting qb was sage rosenfels...

39. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

no he's not the answer

40. Goin` Deep

Goin` Deep "Pick your guy and let it fly" Finheaven VIP Donator

In that pass happy offense he should`ve had a better td/int ratio.

Great that he scored 32, Dan Marino scored a 16 on his Wonderlic test, but I know who`ll be remembered as the better QB.