Merged: Ramsey may be the answer now/Dolphins interested in Ramsey | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ramsey may be the answer now/Dolphins interested in Ramsey

PHINSfan said:
I know you live upthere in VA, but the talk around here in South Fl during the past few weeks was that Saban had been looking at what it would cost to get Ramsey, and also that they were interested in Culppeper. Now, I respect your opinion on Ramsey...but dont you think with Mularkey and Randy (2 guys who know a lil bit about Qb talent) on board if they thought Ramsey sucked they would be wasting time trying to find out what it would cost to get him?
As far as Croyle and Whitehust...I like them both, as well as Jacobs. Any of those 3 have what it takes to maybe become a good NFL QB. But not in the imediate future. I honestly dont see any of those 3 starting next year for any team.
They didn't give up a fifth for him, if we did get him we'd use him for backup purposes.

Bellson said:
I may take some heat for this one but I'm going to say it anyway. Gus is a better QB than Ramsey. We need to keep all of our picks. Think some of you are quick to forget that we lost some picks by acquiring Cleo and Manny Wright.

THANK YOU!!!!!! theres no sense in using picks to get the same grade of quarterback as gus! Ive watched every one of ramsey's games, hes a putz.

I would rather have Ramsey than Mcnair, but would rather have Brees and then McCown before Ramsey. We just need to go younger than what we have whether it is through the draft or free agency.

Bellson said:
I may take some heat for this one but I'm going to say it anyway. Gus is a better QB than Ramsey.
You`re not going to get any heat from me, I`d much rather see Gus start. I just can`t see us acquiring Ramsey...cheap or not, he sucks.

Im shocked people are so down on Ramsey. I hope the rest of the league is as pessimistic as some of you folks, as it would drive his asking price down the drain. Here are some facts about Ramsey.

1. Hes only 26, (still just a kid in the league).

2. In his NFL career, he has 34 TD's and 29 INT's. Not bad considering he played in Steve Spurriers mickey-mouse offense. Over the last two years, Ramsey's completion percentage is 61%.

3. Hes extremely smart, and was an honor student that graduated cum laude with a 3.5 GPA (in accounting and finance). He was also named a National Football Foundation/College Football Hall of Fame Scholar-Athlete (one of sixteen players nationwide)

4. Scored a 32 on the Wonderlic.

When you consider that hes got a cannon for an arm and sees the field pretty damn well, Id say hes a great buy-low target. His biggest problem has been the INT's, but something tells me thats a very correctable problem if Saban/Mularkey get their hands on him. Draft picks or not, hes a guy we definitely have to go after.

I hope not. I can hear the boos at Dolphins Stadium now "Intoducing Dolphins offensive starters. At quarter back number #$ Patrik Ramsey" Crowd-"BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Surferosa said:
2. In his NFL career, he has 34 TD's and 29 INT's. Not bad considering he played in Steve Spurriers mickey-mouse offense. Over the last two years, Ramsey's completion percentage is 61%.
In that pass happy offense he should have had a much TD/INT ratio than that.

4. Scored a 32 on the Wonderlic.
In that pass happy offense he should`ve had a better td/int ratio.

Great that he scored 32, Dan Marino scored a 16 on his Wonderlic test, but I know who`ll be remembered as the better QB.

Surferosa is right on! Ramsey was also the victim of a horrendous o-line. The guy has a lot of potential, a cannon arm, and can be had cheap.

i would honestly rather stick to gus for another year than trade and start ramsey....gus will of now had a season under his belt with the dolphins and would be more comfortable and already knows his recivers and not to mention he did have a few good outings last year and lead this team to 9-7....with this being said bringing in ramsey could be like starting back at stage one....it wouldnt be the right move

Goin` Deep said:
In that pass happy offense he should`ve had a better td/int ratio.

Great that he scored 32, Dan Marino scored a 16 on his Wonderlic test, but I know who`ll be remembered as the better QB.

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you.

But Spurrier chose to ignore the meaning and importance of pass protection.

I am from the DC area. This kid is not bad. Many in washington would swear by him. He is good and he is young he has been in a real bad sit. in Washington. He will have a bright future and is a lot better than Croyle come on. I am done with NOODLE ARM *** QBS!

Ramsey would've been a nice option back when he was drafted, but honestly I think how he was handled in Washington wrecked his development (especially with how badly he got killed behind Surrier's awful pass-pro schemes, he was always getting hit). He has the physical talent, but he was never really given a chance to develop mentally and get a good sense for the game as far as pocket presence or making the read (or may have just not had it in him to begin with, it could be either one). So now, nah...maybe bring him in for a workout and see how he does, but dont put all that much stock in him.

Back
Top Bottom