Merged: Reggie Bush | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Reggie Bush

Reggie Bush Overrated?

Alright... I know I am gunna get slammed... but atleast be respectful when you respond...

Does anyone think Reggie Bush is somewhat overrated as a pro prospect? He is definatly the most dominant player in college... but I am not so sure he will be as successful in the NFL. I think he is talented as hell... but I have some major concerns about him...

1. His size - at 6'0 205lbs, he is very light for a RB in the NFL and at that weight I dont think he would hold up to the pounding. Can he add the weight? maybe... but the better question is... will he be as explosive with another 15-20 lbs added to his frame

2. I don't think he is that great pounding it between the tackles. He is great when in space or in the open field especially on stretch, toss, & off tackle plays... but I think his between the tackle running might be over looked. That is what they use Lindell White for...

3. One of my biggest concerns... he doesnt even get touched until 5-8 yards past the line of scrimmage. I mean, the o-line is absolutly dominant and creates highways for both him and Lindell White to run through... They get into the secondary on most of their runs without even seeing a LB...

Let me state it again... I am not saying that he isnt great, or that he isnt a playmaker. I'm not saying that he doesnt deserve to be taken near the top of the draft either...

I just feel that there is alot of hype surrounding this kid that is causing some of these things to be over looked...

Am I the only one that has these concerns?

My concerns are these

1- Size
2- The NFL is a much faster more physical game than college
3- Short Yardage will he get the tough yards?
4- Their O-line is great and there is always a hole...how will he react when there isnt always a hole that Keith Trayor could run through?
5- The pressure will he be able to take it?

well luckily i doubt any team will draft him to run between the tackles 20+ times a game, so while he's overrated as a feature back, as an overall player, he's good

of course, ANY player as hyped as him is going to be overrated. except leinart, who's actually underrated now :)

Alex22 said:
My concerns are these

1- Size
2- The NFL is a much faster more physical game than college
3- Short Yardage will he get the tough yards?
4- Their O-line is great and there is always a hole...how will he react when there isnt always a hole that Keith Trayor could run through?
5- The pressure will he be able to take it?

sounds like you have the same exact concerns that I do...

He's good but he's more like a Warrick Dunn type of back. He looks more like a WR than a typical RB. First round pick, definitely. But top 1 overall, is effy unless he can show he can juke NFL LBs like he does in college. Defenders in college may be juked and outran but not in the NFL. White is the USC RB that I think could perform better at the pro level because he fits the mold (between the tackles power runner with some shiftiness).

kastofsna120 said:
well luckily i doubt any team will draft him to run between the tackles 20+ times a game, so while he's overrated as a feature back, as an overall player, he's good

See, I see Bush as a super version of Brian Westbrook... Utilized more in the passing game than in the running game. I also think he will need a compliment RB to get the tough yards like on goalline situations...

Nasty said:
See, I see Bush as a super version of Brian Westbrook... Utilized more in the passing game than in the running game. I also think he will need a compliment RB to get the tough yards like on goalline situations...

He'll need to add some pounds if he wants to play in the NFL for long.

it's not like houston doesn't have a good back to spell bush. davis is a quality RB with 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons. bush won't have to run 20 times a game

kastofsna120 said:
it's not like houston doesn't have a good back to spell bush. davis is a quality RB with 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons. bush won't have to run 20 times a game
oh I agree. I like DD alot... And him paired with Bush would be a nasty duo. Plus, both are great receiving threats helping out David Carr...

My only concern is how we are going to defend against this guy when we face the team that drafts him. Hes going to be great.

wow... I thought I was gunna get flamed for this...

One thing is for sure about Reggie Bush. He is getting way too much media right now. I guarantee you there are about 2 or 3 other solid RBs out there that are not getting recognized.

mcteems said:
One thing is for sure about Reggie Bush. He is getting way too much media right now. I guarantee you there are about 2 or 3 other solid RBs out there that are not getting recognized.

How about DeAngello Williams... IMO, the best RB prospect in this draft...

Yes. Unless he has an Oline like Kansas City's he won't have any where the lanes to run through. Also most players int he NFL can tackle , and most NFL teams are better in pursuit. I have a feeling that LenDale White is going to be the bette pro.

Back
Top Bottom