Merged: Reggie Bush | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Reggie Bush

kastofsna120 said:
bush is the BPA, plus they need some excitement for the franchise, and bush would put people in the seats and get them on TV, and you know he's going to do have some endorsement deals. his jersey will sell well as well. it makes sense football-wise as well as business-wise

from the business-aspect... you bring up a great point...

Nasty said:
Alright... I know I am gunna get slammed... but atleast be respectful when you respond...

Does anyone think Reggie Bush is somewhat overrated as a pro prospect? He is definatly the most dominant player in college... but I am not so sure he will be as successful in the NFL. I think he is talented as hell... but I have some major concerns about him...

nope not at all.

Nasty said:
1. His size - at 6'0 205lbs, he is very light for a RB in the NFL and at that weight I dont think he would hold up to the pounding. Can he add the weight? maybe... but the better question is... will he be as explosive with another 15-20 lbs added to his frame

listed size is one thing, body type is another. hes not a 6'0 205 of clinton portis, he has more muscle and mass on his frame. hes bigger than people give him credit for. besides, who cares about size anyway? he has enough power to play RB, a lot of RBs arent big.

Nasty said:
2. I don't think he is that great pounding it between the tackles. He is great when in space or in the open field especially on stretch, toss, & off tackle plays... but I think his between the tackle running might be over looked. That is what they use Lindell White for...

this is a little bit true. although hes not a pounder, he does run between the tackles effectivally. But hes extremely fast and runs better on the outside, so of course USC is gonna seal the edge for him to run there.

Nasty said:
3. One of my biggest concerns... he doesnt even get touched until 5-8 yards past the line of scrimmage. I mean, the o-line is absolutly dominant and creates highways for both him and Lindell White to run through... They get into the secondary on most of their runs without even seeing a LB...

ehh, i dont know how many games youve watched this year. But the fact is the USC OLine is very good, but if he wasnt getting touched 5-8 yards past the line of scrimmage, he would average way over 8 yards a carry dont u think? one reason he doesnt get touched till way after the line of scrimmage on SOME plays, is cause he has the vision, patience to follow his blockers and hit the hole, and the speed & moves to out run, and run around everyone. its hard to even touch the guy in the open field when its 2 on 1.

Nasty said:
Let me state it again... I am not saying that he isnt great, or that he isnt a playmaker. I'm not saying that he doesnt deserve to be taken near the top of the draft either...

I just feel that there is alot of hype surrounding this kid that is causing some of these things to be over looked...

Am I the only one that has these concerns?

well, ive watched him alot in the last 2 years, cause ive been amazed by the kid. And he is the greatest college player ive ever seen, i said it last year. I wasnt old enough to see Barry in college, but i would imagine Bush is something like him.

Its hard not to create hype on the greatest player a lot of people has ever seen.

bush is the worst pass blocker i've ever seen, btw. so he needs to work at that. i wouldn't trust him on third downs

kastofsna120 said:
bush is the worst pass blocker i've ever seen, btw. so he needs to work at that. i wouldn't trust him on third downs

he easily not the worst. ive seen him take some dudes on their *** more than once, but he isnt reliable cause hes inconsistant on it, but he a tough dude, so its not like hes to ***** to do it.

i've also seen him compeltely whiff on guys and let leinart get hit before he can even read the defense, or force him to throw the ball away. no way would he get away with that in the NFL. i have no clue how domanick davis is in that regard

Nappy Roots said:
listed size is one thing, body type is another. hes not a 6'0 205 of clinton portis, he has more muscle and mass on his frame. hes bigger than people give him credit for. besides, who cares about size anyway? he has enough power to play RB, a lot of RBs arent big.
he has power? when has he ever bulled over a LB? he doesnt... I aint sayin that that is nessessarilly a bad thing, but he doesnt have power...

Nappy Roots said:
ehh, i dont know how many games youve watched this year. But the fact is the USC OLine is very good, but if he wasnt getting touched 5-8 yards past the line of scrimmage, he would average way over 8 yards a carry dont u think? one reason he doesnt get touched till way after the line of scrimmage on SOME plays, is cause he has the vision, patience to follow his blockers and hit the hole, and the speed & moves to out run, and run around everyone. its hard to even touch the guy in the open field when its 2 on 1.

oh... and Reggie Bush is averaging 8.9 YPC...

kastofsna120 said:
i've also seen him compeltely whiff on guys and let leinart get hit before he can even read the defense, or force him to throw the ball away. no way would he get away with that in the NFL. i have no clue how domanick davis is in that regard

and that makes Kast mad! :fire::tongue:

Nasty said:
he has power? when has he ever bulled over a LB? he doesnt... I aint sayin that that is nessessarilly a bad thing, but he doesnt have power...

Uh..dude..Bush TRUCKS fools all the time. All the time. He is WAY stronger than you're giving hime credit for. He finishes his runs with power.

kastofsna120 said:

Yeah becasue Leinart has spent so much time on the ground and throwing the ball away this year. It's no wonder that they HAVEN'T LOST IN THREE YEARS.

Stacks said:
Uh..dude..Bush TRUCKS fools all the time. All the time. He is WAY stronger than you're giving hime credit for. He finishes his runs with power.

Trucks fools all the time? Maybe CBs... and an occasionall saftey... but he does not "truck" LBs often, if ever...

and LBs and Safteys are much bigger in the NFL...

Stacks said:
Yeah becasue Leinart has spent so much time on the ground and throwing the ball away this year. It's no wonder that they HAVEN'T LOST IN THREE YEARS.
what

Nasty said:

:eek: alright man. i dont believe youve watched many of his games then.

kastofsna120 said:

thats true, like i said, hes really inconsistant on this area of his game. he cant be counted on for solid pass blocking, but he can pass block on certain plays, shows he can do it.

Nasty said:

yea, and dont you think if he wasnt getting touched until 8 yards after the play, that his speed and moves could get him more than .9 yards?

Nappy Roots said:
yea, and dont you think if he wasnt getting touched until 8 yards after the play, that his speed and moves could get him more than .9 yards?

ok... I was exagerating a little with the 8 yards thing... but he doesnt get touched until atleast 5 yards past the LOS...

Back
Top Bottom