Merged:Rosenhaus: Burress Wants to play for Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Rosenhaus: Burress Wants to play for Dolphins

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Rosenhaus: Burress Wants to play for Dolphins

Drew Rosenhaus just said on Sports Extra that Plaxico Burress told him & his brother Jason that he wants to play for the Dolphins. Plax lives here in the offseason and wants to re-unite with Nick Saban & Charlie Baggett. The deal for Drew to be Plaxico's agent is not done yet, but it will be official in the near future. Interesting stuff.

Also, there's not much of an update on Edgerrin James. Drew says that everybody(including Edge) wants to play for the Dolphins, but there should be some interesting developments this week.

On a side note, Shapiro is interviewing Saban on Tuesday and asked Drew if there's anything he'd like to ask Nick. Drew said to ask him to sit down with him and work out a deal for Edgerrin James & Plaxico Burress. :tongue:

It was only a matter of time once he hired Drew.

:roflmao:

There was a thread yesterday saying that exactly this would happen.

There will probably never be a deal done though. I think we just can't afford it under the salary cap ATM.

actually, ya see burress may at this point sign a 1 year deal for next to nothing and really try and texst the market next year. Or he may really want to play for nick saban again. who knows. Saban recruited him, so he must be a saban player.

But the deal would have to be over 2 mil for the season. That is still a lot in our salary cap situation, we still have to sign our 2nd overall pick.

I posted this at 2:28 today...

Noodle Arm said:
I bet he will vaguely mention it tonight on Sports Xtra...I guarantee it. "The Dolphins COULD be interested in Plaxico...I'll talk to them about it"

Dang I'm good! :wink: :lol:

We already have a poor man Plaxico,if there is such a thing, in Derrius Thompson. I am suprised Burress has not found a home yet. I feel ike there are a lot of teams that could use a wide out.

But the deal would have to be over 2 mil for the season. That is still a lot in our salary cap situation, we still have to sign our 2nd overall pick.

He might surprise you. Burress is not getting any attention. and he was suppose to be the biggest FA WR. The giants were really the team most interested in him and the out of no where didn't want him anymore. This is a guy whos now lost a good share of money because of, well i have no F'n clue, but his vaule is whittling down as we speak.

Hey- if he wants to sign a cheaper one year deal to play with Nick and boost his value for next year, there is no doubt it would be huge for this team.

Chambers
Booker
Plax
Thompson
Gilmore
Newson
Welker

NOW THAT IS DEPTH!

Man does everyone want to play for us?

This is getting nutty.

beejay05 said:
We already have a poor man Plaxico,if there is such a thing, in Derrius Thompson. I am suprised Burress has not found a home yet. I feel ike there are a lot of teams that could use a wide out.
But for what he was asking I understand why no one bit on him. He wanted 6/30m w/12m signing bonus from NYG. Not worth it + legnth of contract was too long. I felt 6/24/8m was too much and that was NYG's + Plax's best offer.

If he wants to come down to something more reasonable like: 4/20/5m signing bonus Id say do it and see if Nick can get him to be what his talent says he should be but his attitude prevents him from being; a legit #1.

Saban is the 2nd coming of Belicheck and every player knows it. thats all.

Back
Top Bottom