Merged:Rosenhaus: Burress Wants to play for Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Rosenhaus: Burress Wants to play for Dolphins

ohall said:
Man does everyone want to play for us?

This is getting nutty.

Its a good thing, but its getting out of hand. Alexander, Edge, Plax, Brad Johnson, Darius, Sharper....WHOSE NEXT! maybe Peyton or Vick will want to switch teams :D

Plex wants to play here, it's not the dolphins wanting him. Let him show us just how much he wants to play here. We need to sign Randy, and randy wants 8 mill to sign.

If he wants to play for the minimum then go ahead and sign him.

Oh that's right, he wants a big fat paycheck that he doesn't deserve.

Static387 said:
Hasn't Plax said he wanted to play for several teams?

He'll play anywhere if they give him what he wants.

finz99 said:
Its a good thing, but its getting out of hand. Alexander, Edge, Plax, Brad Johnson, Darius, Sharper....WHOSE NEXT! maybe Peyton or Vick will want to switch teams :D

Im lovein this! With Wanny, we would be lucky to get one interested. Hey if Peyton or Vick want to switch:)...lol...(I know its not going to happen). I wonder if its possible to sign the majority of those guys above..The team next year could be a potential SB team if we get all that talent!

X-Con said:
Drew Rosenhaus just said on Sports Extra that Plaxico Burress told him & his brother Jason that he wants to play for the Dolphins. Plax lives here in the offseason and wants to re-unite with Nick Saban & Charlie Baggett. The deal for Drew to be Plaxico's agent is not done yet, but it will be official in the near future. Interesting stuff.

Also, there's not much of an update on Edgerrin James. Drew says that everybody(including Edge) wants to play for the Dolphins, but there should be some interesting developments this week.

On a side note, Shapiro is interviewing Saban on Tuesday and asked Drew if there's anything he'd like to ask Nick. Drew said to ask him to sit down with him and work out a deal for Edgerrin James & Plaxico Burress. :tongue:

I'd take burress for a 2 year deal that pays him no more than 2 mil a year
Edge is too pricy and with the #2 overall pick our runningback will come

I don't like Plax. I think he's immature and played this FA period all wrong.

But for the right place, he could be a great pickup. You may not agree, and it sounds contrary to logic, but I'd be MUCH more inclined to sign him to a LONGER contract that's slightly backloaded. No big signing bonus, but at least have the insurance that if he plays to potential he's not going anywhere.

I don't know, give him $6m in signing bonus (split some of that with roster bonus maybe?), then $2m/$2m/$2m/$4m/$5m/$5m. That's technically a 6 year, $26m contract, with an opportunity for us to cut him if he doesn't pan out. Maybe adjust the signing bonus to push money into roster bonuses due after the second year. But it's late, and I'm tired, so those numbers could be all wrong.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Next thing Drew is gonna say is that God wants to be our general manager.

That's impossible, he's our HC already. :D

Sorry I couldn't resist.

No one is even talking about the O line, it needs a lot of work, i dont even think its wild card caliber at this point.

Back
Top Bottom