Merged:Rosenhaus: Burress Wants to play for Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Rosenhaus: Burress Wants to play for Dolphins

Saban allready said nothing will be done to the o-line. Also why would anyone give a first round bust 30 million it just proves is really as dumb as he looks on the field.

There is a Steeler's bar here in Colorado...usually they have about 200 people to watch their games every week...the knock I have heard from them on Plaxico is he will make a lot of hard catches but then he will drop or bobble the easy ones. You have to like his height though. I am sure a lot of NFL players would love to play for Saban in Miami, new coach, lot of new players, great weather, South Beach....but we need to make sure we get the best guys and those who will fit in Nick's system, and not just a team of big names. :)

byroan said:
Oh that's right, he wants a big fat paycheck that he doesn't deserve.

Exactly. After the AFC winner was already determined, I read a Steelers message board to see what their reactions were as the game was unfolding. (Yes...I am an evil ba$tard aren't I? :evil: ) Not ONE of the Steelers fans wanted Pittsburgh to retain him...not one! That tells me to steer as far away from Plaxico Burress as possible.

I would take him for a reasonable price. I mean seriously, who wouldn't want a receiving corps consisting of:

Chambers
Booker
Burress
Thompson
Gilmore/Newson

That is without mentioning McMichael either. However, Plaxico will want huge money and will want to "play: for any team that will give it to him. Given Minnesota's recent departure and their abundance of cap room, I am shocked they haven't signed him yet. Same with Baltimore. I know they signed Mason, but adding Burress along with him would only help. Oh well, if he comes cheap, I would take him. Linehan uses a lot of receivers.

Samphin said:
I would take him for a reasonable price. I mean seriously, who wouldn't want a receiving corps consisting of:

Chambers
Booker
Burress
Thompson
Gilmore/Newson

That is without mentioning McMichael either. However, Plaxico will want huge money and will want to "play: for any team that will give it to him. Given Minnesota's recent departure and their abundance of cap room, I am shocked they haven't signed him yet. Same with Baltimore. I know they signed Mason, but adding Burress along with him would only help. Oh well, if he comes cheap, I would take him. Linehan uses a lot of receivers.

I am not shocked. Plaxico Burress is not an elite WR.

CashInFist said:
I am not shocked. Plaxico Burress is not an elite WR.

Maybe not. However he is very very good and with Randy leaving, they could use his help. Could you imagine losing Moss but replacing him with Burress and say Mike Williams via the draft? It could happen. That is why I am shocked they haven't signed him, or attempted to at least.

Samphin said:
Maybe not. However he is very very good and with Randy leaving, they could use his help. Could you imagine losing Moss but replacing him with Burress and say Mike Williams via the draft? It could happen. That is why I am shocked they haven't signed him, or attempted to at least.

Spend 30 minutes on a Pittsburgh Steelers message board and see if that does not change your opinion.

SAY NO TO PLAXICO! (Catchy isn't it?)

There's no point to him, it's better to grow your own talent sometimes. If we wanted an enigma at WR, David Boston has even more talent than Plaxico...

Jaj said:
There's no point to him, it's better to grow your own talent sometimes. If we wanted an enigma at WR, David Boston has even more talent than Plaxico...

While that may be true, David Boston also has a myriad of problems that stand taller than Plaxico as well.

CashInFist said:
Spend 30 minutes on a Pittsburgh Steelers message board and see if that does not change your opinion.

SAY NO TO PLAXICO! (Catchy isn't it?)

No, I will form my opinions based on his play and on what I have seen of him. I would rather have Hines War,d but he isn't up for grabs either. All I am saying is if he came to Miami with a reasonable pricetag, I would take him. Despite what some people think, he is talented an dperhaps a tad misused in Pittsburgh. If he went to a place like Minnesota where he was the true number 1, it would probably work out well for ihm ( imo ). He isn't an elite receiver, but he is good, real good.

Samphin said:
No, I will form my opinions based on his play and on what I have seen of him. I would rather have Hines War,d but he isn't up for grabs either. All I am saying is if he came to Miami with a reasonable pricetag, I would take him. Despite what some people think, he is talented an dperhaps a tad misused in Pittsburgh. If he went to a place like Minnesota where he was the true number 1, it would probably work out well for ihm ( imo ). He isn't an elite receiver, but he is good, real good.

I live up here in Steelers country and I hear a lot about that team. I am telling you...WE DO NOT WANT PLAXICO! If anyone would know about the Steelers it is their fans. If they don't want him at any price, I don't want him on my team either. They were praying he wasn't thrown the ball in the AFC Championship game!

If Burress were willing to sign for one year and one year only for somewhere in the 2-3 million range I personally wouldn't be against it. Although I'm no Burress fan I feel he would most certainly help us upgrade our WR crop for the upcoming 2005 season.

This would also allow us to release Marty "The Cry Baby" Booker which would make me very happy because I am also no fan of this prideless mediocre aqusition from the Speilman era whoms human existence may have likely cost us the 4th overall pick from the bears when making a deal for O-Gun. Booker is not happy being a Dolphin, he misses Chicago and even told a reporter during the Monday Night Massacre against the Jets that he stays up in his hotel room at nights sometimes and crys about the trade still. That is pathetic, the NFL is a business and if your old team doesn't think enough of you to keep you around then you should appretiate the fact that another team does.

As for Boston he most likely isn't coming back and even if he does we still don't need Booker. With that being said as long as the price is right I am all for it.

Our receiving corps is good. I believe this season that Gilmore will become the # 2 receiver. Booker will become the 3rd down receiver and Thompson will sit the bench. If anything we need a smaller possesion type receiver that can get lots in the trees and tire DB's out.

Back
Top Bottom