Merged: Same people year after year/Who Won't be on this Team Next Year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Same people year after year/Who Won't be on this Team Next Year?

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Same people year after year.....

It's the same people year after year who keep costing us games and keep making the same mistakes.

Mare---missing too many easy field goals, isn't worth what he is making.

Chambers---drops too many footballs, He is NOT a #1 WR in this league. We need to stop fooling oursleves.

Howard--The guy can't play, thanks Spielman for giving him a contract that makes him impossible to move.

Saban has only had to put up with these three for 9 games, but its been year after year with these guys and nothing ever changes. Christ, even our crappy O-line got their act together this year and is playing better. Yet, the same 3 guys keep making costly mistakes that cost us games.

Yep..If any moves are made befor the season ends it should be putting Chambers at #2 and let Booker be #1.

Chambers needs an attitude adjustment, IMO.

MikeO said:

He should be catching td's for how much he's making. I can't believe we gave a kicker that kind of a contract.

I can't understand why we stick with guys like Mare and Chambers....for all they get paid they let us down. These guys are just not players you can count on in the clutch.

FiN.in.RI said:
Yep..If any moves are made befor the season ends it should be putting Chambers at #2 and let Booker be #1.

Chambers needs an attitude adjustment, IMO.

Well, Booker isn't a #1 either, but it would send a message to the rest of the team that nobody is safe. And it doesn't matter how much money you make your job isn't safe.

MikeO said:
Well, Booker isn't a #1 either, but it would send a message to the rest of the team that nobody is safe. And it doesn't matter how much money you make your job isn't safe.

I HOPE Saban sends a message that nobody is safe. That means h'll get the right players on the field when we're ready to make a run in the coming years.

MikeO said:
It's the same people year after year who keep costing us games and keep making the same mistakes.

Chambers---drops too many footballs, He is NOT a #1 WR in this league. We need to stop fooling oursleves.

Howard--The guy can't play, thanks Spielman for giving him a contract that makes him impossible to move.

Saban has only had to put up with these three for 9 games, but its been year after year with these guys and nothing ever changes. Christ, even our crappy O-line got their act together this year and is playing better. Yet, the same 3 guys keep making costly mistakes that cost us games.
Mike..I don't agree with alot of what you say...but you hit this one on the nose..Mare...just kick the makable ones...those are the ones that REALLY win the game.Chambers...this one has been obvious after today...talked about to death..Howard...how the heck can this guy still be on the roster????
I saw some plays from Howard that I had to TiVo a couple of times because I couldn't believe what i was seeing...one he bit on a play fake...and did anyone see the 2pt conversion where he left the only guy in the area alone???/...there was noone else to cover...so you leave the one guy who is there alone? :shakeno:

MikeO said:

good post.

we need a #1 WR among many other things....

we need a Holt, Chad Johnson, Santana Moss, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, huge type of playmaker..... we don't have that. Booker is the closest thing, but he has "on" games and "off" games.

Yeah. This thread has the right attitude. Saban needs to start making moves. No more BS. You don't get to start because of what you did in the past. It is about what you are doing NOW.

Are there any legit #1 WR in FA next year? Booker is a #2 guy; CC=>#3

It'd be tough to move Chambers. I believe the cap hit would be something like $8 million, less the $1.6 base salary. So he'll likely be on the roster next season. 2007 is when his base balloons to $5.4 million. So something will definitely be done by then.

Howard is gone after this season. I expect Mare to have, at minimum, some competition next year. His strong kickoffs are a big asset to his standing. He's 14-17 this year. But all of his misses are from under 40 yards.

ih8brady said:
Are there any legit #1 WR in FA next year? Booker is a #2 guy; CC=>#3

Other than TO- who I STILL want nothing to do with no matter what- I don't think there is. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Only WR who's a huge improvement is T.O.

Is he worth it, I'm not sure exactly...

Back
Top Bottom