Merged: Status on proposed uniform/logo change? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Status on proposed uniform/logo change?

theres been some talk of a new design of the jerseys and pants, which i am fine with.... but i really dont want the helmet logo to change. i like it, and other non-dolphins fans really like it too. its tradition man!!! i love tradition!!!

IN the article that stated this fact it said they have to give the notice of a uni change a year before it happens in which they did and it should be ready for this year. It said taht our logo is getting a tune up so to say but our jerseys r goin to be diff. The helmet is goin to carry that Panthers line on teh top of it (as that is what they are shooting to do) and the jerseys are goin to have the broncos type of design with our colors obviously. I'm all for a change and we hate the ugliest jersey last year via fans.

IN the article that stated this fact it said they have to give the notice of a uni change a year before it happens in which they did and it should be ready for this year. It said taht our logo is getting a tune up so to say but our jerseys r goin to be diff. The helmet is goin to carry that Panthers line on teh top of it (as that is what they are shooting to do) and the jerseys are goin to have the broncos type of design with our colors obviously. I'm all for a change and we hate the ugliest jersey last year via fans.

Is this for real? Cause that sounds awesome

i really hope if a new logo is coming it looks a lot like this
dolphinsnewnd7-1.gif

dolphinswhitemonody8-1.gif

dolphinsconcepthr5-1.gif

I love that design! who ever made it did an amazing job! something like that would be sick

That is an awesome design!

Here's an article talking about it from last year. I've seen it on a few sites, but it's been the same info everytime...

It looks like the designer of this years Super Bowl logo has slipped up and leaked a bit of information pertaining to the redesign of the Miami Dolphins and San Diego Chargers logos. The report surfaced in a feature about Shandon Melvin, who grew up in West Virginia and designed this year’s Super Bowl logo. During the interview with Melvin, he slips when talking about the new logo to the reporter. As explained by the reporter…

“Right now he’s working on a new logo for the Dolphins and the Chargers.†Then the reporter adds, “Now, the inside word is that [Melvin] is working on a design update of the iconic NFL logo itself.†Then they cut to an audio clip of Melvin, who confirms the league logo revision: “We’re looking to update our brand just a little bit and to, I would say, refine it.â€
This is the first time the UniWatch Blog has heard about these redesigns of the Phins and Bolts logos. They feel Melvin will incorporate that long-overdue infinite regression into the Miami logo (a dolphin wearing a helmet with a dolphin wearing a helmet with a dolphin, etc.)

http://www.sportech.info/2007/02/02/rumor-dolphins-to-get-new-look-logo/

with this i not totally sure. i heard that Wayne was getting mail from fans and such stating they are looking for a change in the uniforms, and even the song played after touchdowns.

all i know is Wayne is looking to possibly change the uniform a bit (possibly going back to the oirigonal colors instead of the darker aqua)... i not heard anything on changing the logo though... i am hoping it stays the same

i am also hoping Nike has nothing to do with the uniform design

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Reebok currently has the contract for uniforms.

From what I understand of the process, the designer(s) work hand in hand with the uniform manufacturer and the NFL. Unfortunately, seeing as some brain-dead clown in the NFL offices must've thought the Bills and Bengals uniforms were actually stylish I'm not sure that's a good thing.

dolphinsnewnd7-1.gif

dolphinsconcepthr5-1.gif

I love that design! who ever made it did an amazing job! something like that would be sick

those do look awesome...would be sweet :up:

Other than the lame logo font, I really like that design. :up:

Whats with all the "lets go back to the 70's look"? The 70' are well over. It is time to move on not always look back to the good old days.

dolphinsnewnd7-1.gif

dolphinsconcepthr5-1.gif

Not to nitpick, but we always wear white jerseys at home.

Whats with all the "lets go back to the 70's look"? The 70' are well over. It is time to move on not always look back to the good old days.

exactly dude adn to be hoenst they aren't all that nice. its the whole "OG" "old school" back in the days stuipd phase everyone is in now a days. Look at that dudes signature with Long in it with half the School jersey n half ot eh Dolphisn jersey. Look how nice and intimidating the the Virg. one is as oppose to the miami one. its a lame jersey with a lame green. kinda like that signature iwht Beck as well, its so simple n retarded no wonder it was voted ugliest jersey in the nfl this year by fans.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Reebok currently has the contract for uniforms.

From what I understand of the process, the designer(s) work hand in hand with the uniform manufacturer and the NFL. Unfortunately, seeing as some brain-dead clown in the NFL offices must've thought the Bills and Bengals uniforms were actually stylish I'm not sure that's a good thing.

you are right... only reason i said Nike is cause i really have not liked much stuff they have done... many college hoops and football unis i dislike from them. Syracuse University is one of them!

If I had to guess, I would say we would keep the same logo and same colors. The uniforms would be more new-age(Vikings, cardinals, chargers, etc.) which is a change I would be excited about
You mean something like this: :up:

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom