Merged: Status on proposed uniform/logo change? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Status on proposed uniform/logo change?

eh i prefer JT's design, it looks better to me. I also agree with JT about what if they dont come out looking like the ones he posted lol cause i really really seem to like the ones he posted. I wouldnt be dissapointed with the ones you showed. They kinda look awkward to me, idk why.
I actually prefer the updated throwback design jt posted as well. I just posted that particular modern design as an example via request :up:.

As a non Dolphin fan I would like to say that the uniforms from the 70's and 80's were the best. i was watching the NFl network today and i was watching game film of SuperBowls 7 &8. The Dolphins wore their whites in SB 7 and their aqua tops in SB8. The white is just simple and classic, as is the colts unis and the jets all whites.

As for the aqua jersey, their is something about that color that just gets me fired up as ajet fan seeing those jerseys and wanting to get on the field and hit soeme of them. Never mind the black. It looks good on one team and they have not been good for a few years.

The unis that the Vikings have now are hideous, like they were going the Oregon Ducks way.

I will agree with most of you though that the jerseys of today are no good. THe numbers are difficult to read. THe 49ers did that a few years back going to their fancy numbers when the plain white numbers of the 80's were classic.

As a non Dolphin fan I would like to say that the uniforms from the 70's and 80's were the best. i was watching the NFl network today and i was watching game film of SuperBowls 7 &8. The Dolphins wore their whites in SB 7 and their aqua tops in SB8. The white is just simple and classic, as is the colts unis and the jets all whites.

As for the aqua jersey, their is something about that color that just gets me fired up as ajet fan seeing those jerseys and wanting to get on the field and hit soeme of them. Never mind the black. It looks good on one team and they have not been good for a few years.

The unis that the Vikings have now are hideous, like they were going the Oregon Ducks way.

I will agree with most of you though that the jerseys of today are no good. THe numbers are difficult to read. THe 49ers did that a few years back going to their fancy numbers when the plain white numbers of the 80's were classic.

Dang it...class and sense from a Jets fan...Now I've seen everything.
Just kidding dude...but you are correct on the uni's.

hear me out dolfans , i like few years back we had mettalic flake in our helmet colors orange and aqua it made the colors lighter(the year aj feeley played), heck the logo of current looks dam jets green, our jersey look grren also , somebody told me your jersey is green more then once . we are aqua ,but there correct it looks darn green. Did anyone ever see waynes plane it looks very green. Im sorry i cant show you the helmet logo they used that year and waynes plane . But maybe someone can help me post a picture. The point of my story is we need to go back to aqua NOT GREEN

Logo Change?

Theres rumors going around about a possible uniform change for the Miami Dolphins. Personally Im all for it as this is a new start for this team. However the one thing I dont want to happen is for the logo to change. Does anyone have any confirmation or anything saying that if in fact there is a change, it wont be the logo. Please post anything here.

go classic...less is more..no black...grey facemasks...just my opinion

Theres rumors going around about a possible uniform change for the Miami Dolphins. Personally Im all for it as this is a new start for this team. However the one thing I dont want to happen is for the logo to change. Does anyone have any confirmation or anything saying that if in fact there is a change, it wont be the logo. Please post anything here.

:lol:

It's amazing how a completely unconfirmed rumor that was directly rejected by a Phins rep. STILL ends up in a thread on the main board once a week.

In this case it's the second one in one week!

I'm with you though. Don't mind design changes to uniform just don't mess with our logo or color scheme.

I dont Want a BIG change in the DOlphins Logo but a Little One would be nice just Change it a little like the Chargers did they only Colored the Inside of the Bolt

I've played the game myself and I can tell you that anyone that gets intimidated by a color has no business being on a professional football field.

Also, our jerseys weren't voted ugliest, our alternate Orange jerseys were voted in the top 10. The Orange ones, not the aqua one your referencing.

Maybe not "intimidated" by other teams colors

However something tells me if we were they Miami Tuilps playing with yellow and white colors that other teams would definatly play up for us.

No I would hate for Miami to change uniforms or their logo HOWEVER there is no doubt in my mind that there is some sort of psychological part a team’s colors and logos play, even if it is in a small way.

There is a lot of baggage that comes with a name (Eugene, Marvin, Dilbert) and there are defiantly feelings that can be associated with colors. (Yellow, purple, pink)- Is it enough to turn a franchise aroundâ€- probably not… Could it play, in part, a small role in a victory or two during the season? I would not count that out because it’s not just about how other teams sees us, it’s also about how we see ourselves.

Simply put, if you were told you had to physically confront one person without knowing anything about them except their name. Who would you choose Eugene or Rock?

Our uniforms and our logo are great (and the color and logo has shown it can be PERFECT) but to say colors can have no effect on a teams play is not looking at the whole picture.

Back
Top Bottom