Merged: Status on proposed uniform/logo change? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Status on proposed uniform/logo change?

I'm pretty sure this huge trend for retro jerseys is rather insane.

It won't happen and the retro jerseys looked good... in 1970. Does everyone also want 3 foot tall computer cases in the finest color beige so it looks like a yuppy's khakis? No. How about we bring back those sweet webpages from the 90s with table-hell included, those were sweet... in the 90s.

What the Miami Dolphins have now is great. A logo change is a ridiculous concept unless it is tweaked. The franchise shouldn't be throwing out it's tradition all together. Our uniforms look very similar to the old ones, just updated through the ages. I'd say next to some of the "plain" uniform teams (Bears, Giants, Jets, Colts, Packers, Browns, Raiders) our uniform and logo have really kept close to the heritage it came from while still maintaing a new edge look. The Giants did nothing but change their helmet logo, no big deal, it was text anyways. Anything the Bears did was more of the same, including the rest of the teams mentioned.

I'd say the 49ers are the other team that has updated their uniform while keeping it consistant with the past.

What we have now is the 2005+ Mustang which is a retro design from the late 60's. Our current jerseys are similar.

I hope the franchise doesn't rehash old designs because the fact is they are old. I think one of the teams that really did a fine job on an upgrade was the Atlanta Falcons. They managed to keep the colors and logo of their old jerseys and put them all together on extremely sharp looking jerseys that aren't very radical at all.

Are the Vikings and Broncos good examples? Maybe not the best, but they aren't bad either.

I'd say look for the logo to tweak the helmet on the Dolphin and introduce a little less "blocky" approach to the current jerseys. The number streamline this year was a nice touch, but be on the lookout for more 'curves' within the uniform design.

Also remember, the Fish wear white. :woot:

dolphins are not fish, they are mammals. But you got to admit that when the Jets switch back to the old style they made a smart decision. Their old jerseys were a lot better than what they had. I personally would like Old School meets new school. We would stand out if we did that insted of looking like every other NFL team with different colors.

I'm pretty sure this huge trend for retro jerseys is rather insane.

It won't happen and the retro jerseys looked good... in 1970. Does everyone also want 3 foot tall computer cases in the finest color beige so it looks like a yuppy's khakis? No. How about we bring back those sweet webpages from the 90s with table-hell included, those were sweet... in the 90s.
ok here something else to add to this logic, what would you rather have? a 1958 Chevy Impala or a 2008 chevy impala? What would you rather have, 2008 Gas Prices or 1990's gas prices? Some times the past is good.

I made these awhile back. I drew them by hand and scanned them into the computer and used photoshop to add the color and logos. I posted them on here when I first came here and they got pretty good feed back.

I made these awhile back. I drew them by hand and scanned them into the computer and used photoshop to add the color and logos. I posted them on here when I first came here and they got pretty good feed back.

I prefer Jt's design, but what I like about those is that you stayed true to the Dolphin. The sleeves and pant stripe are kind of in symmetry with a dolphin, which I think is creative. Reminds me a little of the Bengals uniform in use of innovation, though I still dunno as a whole. Nice work though.

I prefer Jt's design, but what I like about those is that you stayed true to the Dolphin. The sleeves and pant stripe are kind of in symmetry with a dolphin, which I think is creative. Reminds me a little of the Bengals uniform in use of innovation, though I still dunno as a whole. Nice work though.
Yeah I realy liked JT's design too. And that is what I was going for was to have features of the dolphin in the uniform. I think you are the first on to actually notice that without me having to say it.

I would prefer to go back to the early 80's
I always liked the dark jerseys. I can see the way Mark Clayton used to look.
There was something about those jerseys that I liked.
i hear you man bring back the 80's look...

with this i not totally sure. i heard that Wayne was getting mail from fans and such stating they are looking for a change in the uniforms, and even the song played after touchdowns.

all i know is Wayne is looking to possibly change the uniform a bit (possibly going back to the oirigonal colors instead of the darker aqua)... i not heard anything on changing the logo though... i am hoping it stays the same

i am also hoping Nike has nothing to do with the uniform design

as much as I like the banjo song, because it evokes such great memories, I think the song should at the least take a hiatus until we are in the playoffs. Its rather insulting to play right now.

Here's what I have to say on any uniform change (although I think it's been denied, I'll toss my opinion in anyhow).

Since we have completely revamped the team, from the front office...through the coaching staff...and soon to be down to the players themselves...this represents a beginning. And as a beginning, we as the Dolphins should go back to the beginning.

I don't know about everyone else, but I was TRULY disappointed when the Dolphins changed their logo and their colors. Although the change was minor, it was enough for me to instantly see the colors were no longer coral and aqua marine...it was enough for me to see that the pronounced "toughness" and snarl on the face of the dolphin was gone. Bring back the TRUE colors of the Dolphins...bring back the tough looking dolphin. Altar the pattern on the uniform for sleekness and modernization, but let's go back to who we once were...the perennial playoff team...the Beast of the East...the first team to go to the Super Bowl 3 years in a row...the only undefeated team in the NFL...

The ORIGINAL Miami Dolphins!!!!

im guessing that you wont hear many people under 30 asking for throw back styles. at a guess that is?! The New Uni's will be Sharp, like the Broncos away kit. not retro.

;-)

I'd like to see the color scheme of old (be it 70's or 80's) but with modern looking numbers. Maybe at a slant, like Boston College. Have a nice meld with old and new....

No the new jerseys will be retro, the agency they supposedly "hired" has a m-o to design uniforms that are retro in style.

The firm that did the Chargers new jerseys also did the Jets back in the 90's; both jersey changes were redone to mimic the retro appearance the team had when they were on top.

The new Chargers uniforms and logo is a retro of their 1970's / 1980's uni's, as is the Jets uni's whom mimic the days of Joe Nammoth.

Now if they did hire this guy then the Dolphins will have a 1970's / 1980's retro looking uni.

Can't argue with the facts.

Here's what I have to say on any uniform change (although I think it's been denied, I'll toss my opinion in anyhow).

Since we have completely revamped the team, from the front office...through the coaching staff...and soon to be down to the players themselves...this represents a beginning. And as a beginning, we as the Dolphins should go back to the beginning.

I don't know about everyone else, but I was TRULY disappointed when the Dolphins changed their logo and their colors. Although the change was minor, it was enough for me to instantly see the colors were no longer coral and aqua marine...it was enough for me to see that the pronounced "toughness" and snarl on the face of the dolphin was gone. Bring back the TRUE colors of the Dolphins...bring back the tough looking dolphin. Altar the pattern on the uniform for sleekness and modernization, but let's go back to who we once were...the perennial playoff team...the Beast of the East...the first team to go to the Super Bowl 3 years in a row...the only undefeated team in the NFL...

The ORIGINAL Miami Dolphins!!!!

You hit the nail on the head there, DK. What the current unis represent is the JJ-era. The era of underachieving. The era of December swooms. The era of ultra conservative offense and bend but the dont break defense. The era of the bullied, push over Dolphins instead of the rough, tough, get out of our way Dolphins. Thats what I hope Parcells instills in this team, and embraces a uniform change, which psychologically instills confidence in an organization.

i hear you man bring back the 80's look...

Everyone keeps saying that but I'm not sure I understand...there was basically no uniform change from 1974 thru 1986, so what do you mean when you say "80's"? If you want them to look like they did in 1985, it's the same look they had in 1975, so why not say "bring back the 70's look"?

I'm partial to the all-white kit.
I wouldn't mind seeing the navy alternate jersey used for road games once in a while. I know the aqua jersey is a classic, but I'm not so fond of it that I wouldn't mind seeing the navy substituted in from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom