Merged: Super Bowl pick? S.I. writer says AFC again,/CNNSI Says MIAMI should be AFC r | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Super Bowl pick? S.I. writer says AFC again,/CNNSI Says MIAMI should be AFC r

dolphindan1970

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
This blew me away, but hey, I hope the guys right ! Good little read anyway,heres the link......... SI

dolphindan1970 said:
This blew me away, but hey, I hope the guys right ! Good little read anyway,heres the link......... SI

It's so nice to here a different opinion finally. It's only May, but still a nice read. Now please guys don't ruin this thread..........there's plenty of other Dolphin 2004 Season bashing threads so go do it on those.

Now Im starting to feel good, just knowing a couple good Dolphins fans on here are perked up ! LOL Seriously, glad you guys enjoyed, I know it made my night and left me with some renewed hope as well ! Ive followed them since 1970 , and I just am an opptimist, every year I pick a Super Bowl win, been right twice, its about time again !! LOL

Little premature If you ask me. The guy really has no clue what he is talking about. He has announced Jay as the starter hands down, and that our starting FS will be Freeman and he doesn't even mention our new acquisition who is fighting for the job, Antwuan Edwards. I agree that we CAN win it all, but this guy is way off the mark with his reasons.

Not to be pessimistic, but hopefully this doesnt fall into the si curse. Because if Dolphins win that would be the awesome.

CirclingWagons said:
was that SI or MAD magazine?

No smack intended, but look at the facts since 1999
TEAM Win Lose Tie PA
Jaguars 38 42 0 1
Bills 36 44 0 1
Browns 26 54 0 1
Chargers 26 54 0 0
Bengals 24 56 0 0
Texans * 9 23 0 0

Since 1999 these teams are below .500. Ok so whats the common denominator since then? Mostly likely the management.

Finally a writer with his head on straight. Give that man a contract extension.

The top story in the CNNSI.com Pro Football section? Man, this should cause some debate here. I think it shows that there are just as many opinions as there are people. I happen to share the optimism expressed in this article, but the lack of success in the last few years gives others plenty of reasons to not be optimistic. So be it.

You simply cannot deny that the team is 3rd in the conference in wins and playoff appearances since 1999. The team is returning most of the players on an excellent defense. They have added depth to the secondary.

Three things I would like to see for the defense before the season starts:
- sign Ogun
- sign a veteran DT
- sign a veteran LB

The offense is definitely a wait and see situation. For me, the changes allow me to be optimistic. Before last season we stood pat on the OL. It cost us.

This year we went for it. You have to admit, they were aggressive. Even if you don't like the moves that were made, they made the moves that people were complaining we didn't make last year:

1. Do whatever is necessary to draft a top OL prospect
2. Add quality OL in free agency and be willing to offer competitive contracts
3. Bring in a big time WR to complement CC
4. Bring in a QB early enough to learn the offense and have a chance to unseat Fiedler

Will it all work? I don't know, but I know there is a better chance than last year.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
The top story in the CNNSI.com Pro Football section? Man, this should cause some debate here. I think it shows that there are just as many opinions as there are people. I happen to share the optimism expressed in this article, but the lack of success in the last few years gives others plenty of reasons to not be optimistic. So be it.

You simply cannot deny that the team is 3rd in the conference in wins and playoff appearances since 1999. The team is returning most of the players on an excellent defense. They have added depth to the secondary.

Three things I would like to see for the defense before the season starts:
- sign Ogun
- sign a veteran DT
- sign a veteran LB

The offense is definitely a wait and see situation. For me, the changes allow me to be optimistic. Before last season we stood pat on the OL. It cost us.

This year we went for it. You have to admit, they were aggressive. Even if you don't like the moves that were made, they made the moves that people were complaining we didn't make last year:

1. Do whatever is necessary to draft a top OL prospect
2. Add quality OL in free agency and be willing to offer competitive contracts
3. Bring in a big time WR to complement CC
4. Bring in a QB early enough to learn the offense and have a chance to unseat Fiedler

Will it all work? I don't know, but I know there is a better chance than last year.
I don't think we need anymore money spent on LB or DT but, other than that I agree with your whole post.

Especially that last line. :up:

Back
Top Bottom