Merged: Super Bowl pick? S.I. writer says AFC again,/CNNSI Says MIAMI should be AFC r | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Super Bowl pick? S.I. writer says AFC again,/CNNSI Says MIAMI should be AFC r

Any chance the fins will be on the cover? :lol:

The guy is a homer :D

If fiedler can stay healthy throwout the season and start all the game we will go to playoffs im sure of it but as far beyond it im not sure. If he is consistent throughout the season. Then i say start him. Oline, if that pans out to be really great then i could care less whos at the helm. What happened to Jamie Nails???

34RWilliams said:
What happened to Jamie Nails???

Was hurt and ineffective all last year. The fact that no one has signed him is probably a sign that he's still hurt and/or ate himself out of playing shape. Since Jeno James is locked in at LG, the Phins don't need Nails.

inFINSible said:
I don't think we need anymore money spent on LB or DT but, other than that I agree with your whole post.

Especially that last line. :up:

My concern about veteran depth at DT and LB is due to the age of Tim Bowens and Junior Seau and our lack of experience behind those players. If the young players show they can be effective, then we don't need to add anyone else. We have plenty of time between now and the start of the season to find out.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
My concern about veteran depth at DT and LB is due to the age of Tim Bowens and Junior Seau and our lack of experience behind those players. If the young players show they can be effective, then we don't need to add anyone else. We have plenty of time between now and the start of the season to find out.
Yep, for sure.

Zgonina, Romero, and Williams are pretty decent depth. None of them are the big runstoppers that Timbo is but, face it, there isn't going to be anybody out there that is.

Hopefully, Moore is ready, and Jenkins is ready but, yes, there is some uncertainty there. But, if you want certainty backing-up, it's going to cost money. Money that right now is being used to try and secure our wayward prince at DE.

I can live with what we have at LBer if you give me Wale. :D

Gone fishin'

Gone fishin'
The 2004 season is less than four months away, but if you want to get a jump on the Super Bowl favorite, look no further than these eight teams: Tennessee, Indianapolis, Miami, New England, Baltimore, Oakland, Denver and Pittsburgh.

Dolphins -- Forget a quarterback controversy; Jay Fiedler is the best man for the job, but A.J. Feeley is a nice insurance policy for when Fiedler goes down. And he will go down. Fiedler has missed 13 games the past two seasons.
and more good stuff

Yes, it's only May, but there's no reason any team in the AFC, especially the Fins, should be a superbowl pick over the Patriots. We have question marks at WR and OL. The Patriots lost nothing and got stronger by getting Corey Dillon, as well as the players that were injured last year coming back to the team.

Thats why u gotta love sports. Some people say we'll go 7-9, this guy says we're going to the Super Bowl. So many negative things being said about our team, lets all hang this guy's article up in our offices, bedrooms, and bathrooms and read it over again and again and again. It's golden

Dolfan954 said:
Yes, it's only May, but there's no reason any team in the AFC, especially the Fins, should be a superbowl pick over the Patriots. We have question marks at WR and OL. The Patriots lost nothing and got stronger by getting Corey Dillon, as well as the players that were injured last year coming back to the team.

Damien Woody and Ted Washington equal about 800 lbs of nothing...

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Damien Woody and Ted Washington equal about 800 lbs of nothing...
And they drafted Vince Wilfork. I don't know who they have stepping in at OL, but based on the Patriots' track record, it's pretty safe to say that whoever it is will be at least okay. A superbowl champion that adds a back of Corey Dillon's ability, when they previously had a bad running game only makes the team better.

ETA: I'm not saying Wilfork will be equal Ted Washington, especially in his first year, but getting Corey Dillon alone outweighs the potential decrease in talent level at DT and and OG.

SmokeyPhinz said:
Thats why u gotta love sports. Some people say we'll go 7-9, this guy says we're going to the Super Bowl. So many negative things being said about our team, lets all hang this guy's article up in our offices, bedrooms, and bathrooms and read it over again and again and again. It's golden

I'd rather hang your picture of Mrs. Lachey in my bathroom and uh...disappear for a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom