merged; supplemental draft prospect DT wright/supplemental draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged; supplemental draft prospect DT wright/supplemental draft

Manny Wright, DT/DE, USC.

He's the perfect hybrid player - 4-3 tackle, 3-4 end. Had been projected as a 3rd/4th rounder next year.

supplemental draft prospect DT wright

Now that DT Wright has announced that he is officially entering the supplemental draft and we have a need for a DT. should we take a 3rd round pick on him. Has any of the finheaven draft gurus's have any opinions on him. I didn't watch any usc games last year so i have no opinion on him. If were looking to sign an old retread , why don't we take a look at this kid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2058341

no... but i think we'd use a 7th, maybe a 6th.

I cant really see any team using a first day pick on him.

I actually just mentioned this guy in another thread. I watched a lot of USC games last year - he didn't get a ton of playing time because he played behind Patterson and Cody. He is good though. Can play 3-4 end which would be a great benefit to us IMO.

finsnchips said:
no... but i think we'd use a 7th, maybe a 6th.

I cant really see any team using a first day pick on him.

I actually just mentioned this guy in another thread. I watched a lot of USC games last year - he didn't get a ton of playing time because he played behind Patterson and Cody. He is good though. Can play 3-4 end which would be a great benefit to us IMO.

If i remember correctly i think he was highly regarded out of highschool (i read that somewhere) This was supposed to be his year to shine. Maybe he could be a supplemental steal? Is third round too high of a pick? I would rather invest some time in money in a prospect than an old stop gap like traylor

I wouldn't use a supplemental pick on Wright but if he can convince his QB to come out I'm all for using one on him!:D

I'ld use fourth on him. I doubt he last till the fourth though.

When is the supplemental draft? And how exactly does it work? Where can I find a list of the names in that draft?

finsnchips said:
Manny Wright, DT/DE, USC.

He's the perfect hybrid player - 4-3 tackle, 3-4 end. Had been projected as a 3rd/4th rounder next year.

He became a franchise DT for me in my Madden simulation :)

Article lists him as 6'6" 300lbs.......but even if he's not....don't think that 10lbs would be hard to gain. His size seems fine to me.

I'd hate to see a high pick used on him.....but I'm sure a lot of teams will try and use a 5th or lower to acquire hime IF he works out well.

Back
Top Bottom