Merged:the good in the bad of Sunday/Monday / Why the Indy loss/NE win is good for us | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:the good in the bad of Sunday/Monday / Why the Indy loss/NE win is good for us

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Why the Indy loss/NE win is good for us..

Allright, not to assume this scenario will pan out, but it gives us our best chance to have any shot in the playoffs- NE beating Indy may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. The Phins need Indy and Tenessee to continue losing so that we still have a chance for homefield in round 2. IF we can take care of business the rest of the way, its feasible that both teams will lose 2 games. They play against each other next week, and in the wacky NFL you never know how teams are going to finish down the stretch. I know its a stretch, and that we are 2 full games behind both of them (due to head to head losses) but I think its a possiblity now that they both lost this week.

That is a stretch man. Bottom line ~ if the Pats would have lost to Indy, we would be playing for a tie this Sunday for the East. Now if Miami loses, New England clinches the East. We could have went into New England with momentum to take the division. That would have been nice!!!

the good in the bad of Sunday/Monday

NE won, Jets won, Bills won, Denver won, Ravens won, Bengals won...

We got destiny over Ravens, Benglas and denver in our own hands....

While NE still leads by two games we can cut that lead down to 1 next Sunday. Hopefully we put a hurting on them so that their "we can not lose even if we try" attitude gets bruised and they will drop another one.

The good in all of this...TN and Indy just moved a bit closer for us to overtake. If we do not catch NE the #5 seed and a possible matchup with the AFC North winner just came within reach (considering TN and Indy play each other this weekend) and if we catch NE the #2 seed just moved a game closer to us as well.
:D

Nothing matter if we lose in Foxboro since that to me c/b a watershed game after last season's finale especially considering the roll the Pats are on and the pathetic way they beat us in Mia. IMO the Phins getting into the #5 seed or better w/b a huge accomplishment from a 5-4 team so in that respect I agree w/you even though I w/rather be playing NE for the AFCE title Sun at 4

You can only control whats in your hands. I just hope the players arent relying on Indy or anyone else to do our dirty work. If the dolphins continue to play long ball well, then things have certainly changed in a big way from the beginning. we have to be agressive on offense and go over the middle at the right times. keep the pats on their hells with screens, end arounds, draws and quick counts and such. chambers needs to shine downfield and be agressive and not worry about holding calls.

I dont care about the division anymore, i care about how we look on the field with a new leader winning games. The rest will take care of itself. We beat New England with more of what we did against dallas then belechick will be scratching his head. Burn Harrison!

Back
Top Bottom