• 7th rounder

Votes: 35 12.8%
  • no trade value at all

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters

dlockz

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
Since a Beck thread is always popular lets see what the popular opinion is on this board. Please explain your reasoning on his value so we can have your insight. This is not meant as a bashathon, I want serious answers.
I say he has a value of a 7th round pick just based on his lack of success and his being a third string qb. I feel there are other options in free agency that will not cost a pick like Charlie Frye that are much better options than trading a pick. Not many teams want to take on a 28 year old qb that is still as raw as any guy you could draft. This is not based on you think Beck's sucks or was not given a chance this is based on what you think his actual trade value would be.

I said 7th because Charlie Frye was a starting qb a few weeks before he was traded and he got a 6th. So I am just going by NFL recent history on trades.

I think if we play our cards right, we could maybe get a 5th round pick. I think Beck will stay unless they get the value they want.

clear.gif

I think if we play our cards right, we could maybe get a 5th round pick. I think Beck will stay unless they get the value they want.

Well Im pretty sure the value they want is somewhere around a 4th or a 5th. Thats pretty realistic. I personally would rather keep him than trade him for a low pick. Pennington could go down and then we have a qb with experience with this team as the backup. What really hurt Beck's value is his lack of snaps in preseason. 11 passes is very low even for a third stringer.

Lets see how long it remains civil lol. Personally I have an honest curiousity how its viewed on this site overall. Not just me and a select few. The sad thing is no matter what I say I am always accused of hate.
So lets see what the board says as a whole. I would definately like to know more to what people think than so and so sucks or he was not given a chance which has nothing to do with trade value.

Okay third rounder guy please give a reason you think he is worth a third rounder same with the no value.

Double Cheeseburger with cheese, fries, and a small coke. If we don't showcase him then we can get an apple pie.

The reinvented piping hot apple pie or the sorry flaky apple pie. I mean there is a big differance lol.

maybe a 5th because there will be personnell people who think he was surrounded by a loosing atmosphere, and 1-15 coaching and talent. he was a 2nd round pick after all. i doubt we could get more at this point, maybe less.

I'll say a 6th rounder at best. Henne got the garbage snaps this year in the Arizona and New England games.

Beck's age, being prone to fumble - sometimes spontaneously (Buffalo & Cincinnati in '07), heighth - or lack thereof, delivery issues, and the fact that he got 6,000+ snaps of work in the offseason and still couldn't hold off Chad Henne or Josh McCown during TC prior to Pennington's arrival will drop his value significantly.

Beck is a luxury pickup as a backup. That team that would make the move must be thin at QB. Just looking at Beck - he's somewhat mobile, and he's fairly accurate. I'd say he wouldn't cost you a game, but his being prone to fumble is a red flag. Just based off his pro career so far, you wouldn't want to have to put him in, but he's there if comes to that.

I still question just how good he really was in college. Max Hall has looked just as good in that system offense.

At the end of the day, you're going to get a guy who is going to work his tail off and be a team player, but he doesn't possess much in the way of natural ability.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe a 5th because there will be personnell people who think he was surrounded by a loosing atmosphere, and 1-15 coaching and talent. he was a 2nd round pick after all. i doubt we could get more at this point, maybe less.

Im just not sure what the second round pick really means anymore. Rex Grossman, JP Losman and Kyle Boller were all 1st rounders but had basically no major trade value. patrick Ramsey basically the same.

I'll say a 6th rounder at best. Henne got the garbage snaps this year in the Arizona and New England games.

Beck's age, being prone to fumble - sometimes spontaneously (Buffalo & Cincinnati in '07), heighth - or lack thereof, delivery issues, and the fact that he got 6,000+ snaps of work in the offseason and still couldn't hold off Chad Henne or Josh McCown during TC prior to Pennington's arrival will drop his value significantly.

Beck is a luxury pick as a backup - he's somewhat mobile, and he's fairly accurate. I'd say he wouldn't cost you a game, but his being prone to fumble is a red flag.

I still question just how good he really was in college. Max Hall has looked just as good in that system offense.

At the end of the day, you're going to get a guy who is going to work his tail off and be a team player, but he doesn't possess much in the way of natural ability.

Personally I think MAx Hall has looked better. Beck's top receivers were his RB and TE.

Personally I think MAx Hall has looked better. Beck's top receivers were his RB and TE.

I'll be honest, I don't know the breakdown of who Beck completed passes to, but Hall looked like a decent player to me - enough to draw a fair comparison. Austin Collie is a player who really stood out.

I'll be honest, I don't know the breakdown of who Beck completed passes to, but Hall looked like a decent player to me. Austin Collie is a player who really stood out.

I did the research and it was Rb's and Te. Collie is a very good prospect, I think hall may be a better NFL prospect longterm than Beck.

Back
Top Bottom