Votes: 62 22.7%
  • 6th rounder

Votes: 63 23.1%
  • 7th rounder

Votes: 35 12.8%
  • no trade value at all

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters
Beck best value is trading him for another player. We will lose a lot if we look for a draft pick out of him.

the value of the 2nd to me means some folks who call themselves experts, i'm not in that field, believe he had some tools to work with. you could be spot on though, at this point it could be completely meaningless.

They've got a good system there. Both QBs were products of it.

Well thats true to a degree but Hall has definately hit his wide receivers at a much higher percentage. Beck never had a wide receiver catch over 50 balls. Collie also is better than any BYU receiver maybe ever though. During Beck's best season receivers were not used very often with the best having 28 receptions while the runningback and Te had like 60 catches.

I think we need to do a drug test, someone said 1st rounder. Im not sure they are sober. To each tier own. I just dont understand how he increased in value.

Beck is worth whatever a team is willing to pay and Miami accepts.

Wow that really is quite an opinion. Thats like saying to someone. Where do you think josh Freeman is drafted. And you answer is whereever he is drafted is the position that he is drafted lol. So you must have been the one who chose first rounder .

I'll say a 6th rounder at best. Henne got the garbage snaps this year in the Arizona and New England games.

Beck's age, being prone to fumble - sometimes spontaneously (Buffalo & Cincinnati in '07), heighth - or lack thereof, delivery issues, and the fact that he got 6,000+ snaps of work in the offseason and still couldn't hold off Chad Henne or Josh McCown during TC prior to Pennington's arrival will drop his value significantly.

Beck is a luxury pickup as a backup. That team that would make the move must be thin at QB. Just looking at Beck - he's somewhat mobile, and he's fairly accurate. I'd say he wouldn't cost you a game, but his being prone to fumble is a red flag. Just based off his pro career so far, you wouldn't want to have to put him in, but he's there if comes to that.

I still question just how good he really was in college. Max Hall has looked just as good in that system offense.

At the end of the day, you're going to get a guy who is going to work his tail off and be a team player, but he doesn't possess much in the way of natural ability.
If you are going to try and be factual atleast try and get it right. Beck did not get 6,000+ work of snaps during the off-season. According to Henning, Beck threw somewhere between 6,000 and 7,000 passes to try to raise his release point to where it was before he injured his shoulder in college. Getting 6,000+ snaps would emply that actully plays/pass patterns were run with other players involved.

If you are going to try and be factual atleast try and get it right. Beck did not get 6,000+ work of snaps during the off-season. According to Henning, Beck threw somewhere between 6,000 and 7,000 passes to try to raise his release point to where it was before he injured his shoulder in college. Getting 6,000+ snaps would emply that actully plays/pass patterns were run with other players involved.

Good point, although many this board gave Beck the starting position in the offseason based on this point.

Good point, although many this board gave Beck the starting position in the offseason based on this point.
Dan Henning did mention in a Sun-Sentinel article last June that Beck was the favorite to start.

Beck did start the in the team's first intrasquad scrimmage as well as the first preseason game so I can understand why many thought this way.

not even one of those little snack bags that only have 7 chips in there??

on another note,,, i hope you will be putting out those great camp reports blitz, its appreciated.

Wow that really is quite an opinion. Thats like saying to someone. Where do you think josh Freeman is drafted. And you answer is whereever he is drafted is the position that he is drafted lol. So you must have been the one who chose first rounder .

Sorry to disappoint, I'm not going to pretend I know more than the people who actually make the decisions on players value like some on this site. Beck is a commodity as such his value is about supply and demand. The less supply the higher the demand. The more the supply the lower the demand. It's really very simple. As for Becks ability to play, I'll bet not one team in the league is thinking Beck can or can't play at this level by simply looking at his 5 starts. I just thought I'd throw that in cause I know for a fact some here us it to determine Becks value to the market.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom