Votes: 62 22.7%
  • 6th rounder

Votes: 63 23.1%
  • 7th rounder

Votes: 35 12.8%
  • no trade value at all

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters
Well I disagree I see Hall as good a prospect if not better than Beck. Lets not forget when you throw to a back or a TE its not about a dumpoff or not its about who is covering the back or TE. No team lines up thier best corner on a Wr no matter how deep you are throwing. Beck also had a pretty damn good receiver in Watkins and a good Te in harline.

I don't follow BYU a whole lot, but from what I've seen, Hall looks like a better QB. That's just me though. BYU's system does make QBs look better than they are. Said system doesn't work a whole lot when they match up a team with equal or more talent then they have (see TCU/UU games). That's just my 2 cents though.

Lol.. id like to know who the one was who chose 2nd rounder, and better yet, the 2 for a first rounder... thats a huge college party drunken theme right there (a bunch of john Beck for a 1st Jerseys..ha).. I chose 7th, hopefully we can get a 6th, a 5th would be a godsend.

Well I don't remember anyone asking you what you would pay for Beck.

I don't either, but who cares?? Beck is worthless, and we'd be lucky if we get anything decent in trade for him....

Think about it, if you were someone's GM out there, would you seriously waste a mid / late round pick on a player like Beck?? He's already about 4 years older than most rookies coming out, and he's yet to make any impact on our roster since being drafted. He's pint size, he has no confidence while standing in the pocket, and his release sucks....

Shall I go on??... Spare us please....

IN TUNA WE TRUST.....

clear.gif

I'm not even going to bother with reading the entire thread.

I find it suspiscious that 5 people said first round pick and not one has given a reason. I can thing of no time a first round pick has been given up for a 2nd round pick, that is a third string qb. I would love someone to cite an example. How did beck gain value?

I find it suspiscious that 5 people said first round pick and not one has given a reason. I can thing of no time a first round pick has been given up for a 2nd round pick, that is a third string qb. I would love someone to cite an example. How did beck gain value?

People voted 1st sarcastically just to p you off :lol:

People voted 1st sarcastically just to p you off :lol:

Possibly. I could write the most informative post and I would get one star from certain people that hate any opinion that differs from thier own. Im more suprised that peed off most of the time how members of a message board can have such ill will because I dont agree with them lol.

just curious FTP, why are you a beck apologist?

I don't know how you get "apologist" because I support a player on the Dolphins roster. Donald Thomas played in one game last year, got hurt and was out for the season am I supposed to think he's injury prone cause he got hurt right out of the gate? I mean that's the same kinda logic these Beck haters are using. I don't know how it is these people that study QB's for a living, get paid big bucks to know who has the best chance to succeed in the NFL and who doesn't and they miss on Players like Ryan Leaf and Tom Brady. Yet some of the "fans" on this site act like they have a damn clue what Beck will be and what his value is based on 5 games played in the NFL, it's truly ignorant. On top of that, they get offended if you don't agree with who they think sucks and use childish insults because you continue to support players who come to work everyday, work their tails off, study film and give you their soul because they want nothing more than to be an NFL football player. I think you'd be more conserned about those that make snap judgements than those who simply support the players on this team who deserve the support.

Good exapmle of how I feel, Crowder has been on the field playing in nearly every game since 05. He has had more than enough time to not only learn the speed of the game, but perfect his play as a starter. After watching him play this past season he basically played about avg. Not bad and not great, just....there! Now this comes after many, many many starts. I would like to see him remain in a Dolphins uni, but not as a starter. I think he's had more than enough time to show what he brings and it's not enough to make this defense a top unit IMO. As you can see I don't think Crowder is a top level LB, but at the same time I don't trash the guy cause he's not LT.

Now look at Beck, 5 starts, not 45 starts. Not nearly enough time to prove anything...good or bad. Becks only games came on a team so full of injury and problems. I don't know how anyone could conclude what he brings to the table. And than you have the new coaching staff and FO. They didn't draft Beck, that doesn't help his chances, at all. On top of that you have a handfull of "fans" here that hate the guy becuase he wasn't Joe Montana from snap one. I think that say's all it needs to say about their opinions.

I do not like to judge any player with such a small amount of time at any position. A) I'm not so good at spotting tlent that all I need is five games on the worst team in the league to determine a players ability at this level. Especially a QB. 2) No one is! 3) John Beck is still a Dolphin, if he was so awaful as some he want so desperately for everyone to believe, Beck wouldn't be on any Roster much less ours.

Bottom line, anyone who claims to know if Beck can play at this level is claiming this off 5 games. I dare you to find one coach, GM or scout, that will agree they know how good any player can and will be based on 5 games played in the NFL, no matter the position. It ain't gonna happen, so how would any of these Monday morning, arm chair QB, wannabe GM's know? They wouldn't !BTW, I've never done anything but defend the fact that Beck hasn't played nough to determine if he can play. I've never sdaid Beck is a future star or major failure. My argument is for the lack of playing time and judging a player based on that...and well, his circustances on this team. They haven't exactly been teriffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly. I could write the most informative post and I would get one star from certain people that hate any opinion that differs from thier own. Im more suprised that peed off most of the time how members of a message board can have such ill will because I dont agree with them lol.

I have zero problem with who you agree or disagree with. What I don't like is when you confuse your opinion with facts. Your opinion on Beck is based on so little, yet no one would know that the way you speak of him. Why don't you let the guy play before you claim to have a clue what he can and can't do at this level. To be honest I could give a damn if he succeeds or fails, but you won't here me saying he's a success or failure based on five games.

Answer me this, If Beck played those same 5 games on a SB contending team that was 9-0 and was a backup, came in for the injured QB and threw for 300 yards a game and had 5 TD's and 1 int, would you be calling him the next Dan Marino or Brett Favre? I doubt it...seriously, but he plays poorly on one of the worst teams in NFL history, a team so bad they were one loss away from setting new record for single season loses in the modern era NOT TO MENTION HE WAS A ROOKIE and you know for fact Beck is not good enough to play in the NFL? If you can't see the ignorance in judgiung a player in those circumstances, I feel sorry for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have zero problem with who you agree or disagree with. What I don't like is when you confuse your opinion with facts. Your opinion on Beck is based on so little, yet no one would know that the way you speak of him. Why don't you let the guy play before you claim to have a clue what he can and can't do at this level. To be honest I could give a damn if he succeeds or fails, but you won't here me saying he's a success or failure based on five games.

Answer me this, If Beck played those same 5 games on a SB contending team that was 9-0 and was a backup, came in for the injured QB and threw for 300 yards a game and had 5 TD's and 1 int, would you be calling him the next Dan Marino or Brett Favre? I doubt it...seriously, but he plays poorly on one of the worst teams in NFL history, a team so bad they were one loss away from setting new record for single season loses in the modern era NOT TO MENTION HE WAS A ROOKIE and you know for fact Beck is not good enough to play in the NFL? If you can't see the ignorance in judgiung a player in those circumstances, I feel sorry for you.

Once again for some reason you are not understanding. I am judging his trade value , not Beck the quarterback. You still have not answered my question on why Beck is a better backup option than Boller for any team.

Have I ever once said that Beck does not belong in the NFL. I personally dont think he will ever be a starter of any significance but he belongs in the NFL. He is still a long term project at 28 but for us we have him and I see him as Henne's backup hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom