Votes: 62 22.7%
  • 6th rounder

Votes: 63 23.1%
  • 7th rounder

Votes: 35 12.8%
  • no trade value at all

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters
Good point on Quinn. He had only a few starts prior to going on the IR and was not real effective. Does this mean he is as worthless as some fans think Beck is?

Nice wrok Vaark, but the school a player plays at is really irrelevant. I know you were trying to come to the most logical conclusion, but that's a stat that really has little value. It's interesting you bring up Brady Quinn, I wonder what the Beck haters think of him. I mean he was drafted almost a full round sooner and has done nothing to this point in time.

I thought Brady Quinn was incredibly overrated, and he still is incredibly overrated. The only reason people ride his jock is because he played at Notre Lame. While Beck was the wrong pick in 2007, I honestly believe Quinn wouldn't have been any better.

Quinn is water under the bridge, as is Ryan & Flacco:

reality is Vaarks post just sures up the fact that there is little difference between the two #2's. I"m neither a Beck nor Henne groupie. We're in good shape if we let them both develop & compete. We have a starter & two potential Franchise QB's. No QB issue in my book. Lot of NFL teams would love to be in our situation.
I think the only way they will get rid of Beck is if they draft another QB & not much chance of that happening & that would be more of an indictment of Henne than Beck considering the current situation in the QB stable. Sometimes people are too quick to jump on the band wagon. What we need is a Franchise QB to compete in a SuperBowl.

Competition-The Elixir Of Success!

With the QB class so weak this year, demand is much higher than supply (thanks feelthepain). That can get a choice at least one round possibly 2 higher than you would normally get. I see no reason why the Phins can't get a 3rd or 4th for him. Many teams (Lions, 49ers, Jets, Bills, etc...)are looking for a young QB to groom and Beck fits in to that catagory. Other teams are looking for a backup. This is the year to move him based on lack of availibity in the draft.

Lions have Drew Stanton younger and also no successful so far but why look to a similar guy but older and no ties to organization

49ers- They already have thier own high draft pick dissapointpoint who is also 3 years younger than Beck and more NFl Experience.

Bills (wow way off base) They have Trent edwards who they seem to be pretty damn happy with.

Jets have three young qb's to groom including thier own second rounder Clemans so why would they want another who is actually older.

Lions have Drew Stanton younger and also no successful so far but why look to a similar guy but older and no ties to organization

49ers- They already have thier own high draft pick dissapointpoint who is also 3 years younger than Beck and more NFl Experience.

Bills (wow way off base) They have Trent edwards who they seem to be pretty damn happy with.

Jets have three young qb's to groom including thier own second rounder Clemans so why would they want another who is actually older.

You really have an issue with age, how old was Kurt Warner while playing in his 3rd SB this year? QB's have long careers, longer than any other position. Becks age is not a reason to think others won't want him. You wll try anything to knock Becks value down.

You really have an issue with age, how old was Kurt Warner while playing in his 3rd SB this year?

Age is a huge factor at Qb in this league, and if you don't agree, that's fine. However, don't try to make Beck sound like some great gunslinger that has all kinds of future potential...

Make no mistake, Beck is a 2nd round bust, that's a FACT. Comparing his situation in the NFL with Warner's, is just plain laughable....

QB's have long careers, longer than any other position. Becks age is not a reason to think others won't want him.

They have long careers when they have proven talent. They fade like a fart in the wind when they don't. Thus far, Beck has been a bad fart....

You wll try anything to knock Becks value down.

Nobody here has done one thing to knock his value down, Beck did that all by himself...

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

Age is a huge factor at Qb in this league, and if you don't agree, that's fine. However, don't try to make Beck sound like some great gunslinger that has all kinds of future potential...
IN TUNA WE TRUST....

Beck could poetentially play for antother 12 years. That's far longer than the avg life span of football player.

They have long careers when they have proven talent. They fade like a fart in the wind when they don't. Thus far, Beck has been a bad fart....

Well that's an opinion. Not a very good one, but an opinion nonetheless.

Nobody here has done one thing to knock his value down, Beck did that all by himself...

When people start talking about Becks age as a negative in his value, that's them trying to place a kncok on his value. We'll see what he's worht when the time comes. But one thing is for sure, Beck has value to other teams in the NFL.:up:

Stanton has already been declared not the future of the Lions. Culpepper was just restructured and Stanton may well be out the door by the end of pre-season. www.freep.com or www.detnews.com I read them often. You should to before making a comment about Stanton that you obviously don't know the situation.

49ers. If they are disappointed, wouldn't they look for a replacement? The econmics of Beck make him attractive there as well.

Bills. Everything is not so good in Bills land with Edwards as QB. May not be a destination but just another example of who needs a QB.

Jets are unsettled at QB. They have 3 youngsters to develop but what is amazing that you reference Clemens as being able to be groomed but he bombed when given his opportunity as a starter. How is that different than Beck? What's good for one is good for the other correct?

There are several teams that need a QB. The Lions are the most likely spot. They can pass on Stafford and rebuild from the inside out which is their plan. They would save millions on Beck.

I thought Brady Quinn was incredibly overrated, and he still is incredibly overrated. The only reason people ride his jock is because he played at Notre Lame. While Beck was the wrong pick in 2007, I honestly believe Quinn wouldn't have been any better.

I wanted Patrick Willis and Trent Edwards with our 1 and 2 picks.

Stanton has already been declared not the future of the Lions. Culpepper was just restructured and Stanton may well be out the door by the end of pre-season. www.freep.com or www.detnews.com I read them often. You should to before making a comment about Stanton that you obviously don't know the situation.

49ers. If they are disappointed, wouldn't they look for a replacement? The econmics of Beck make him attractive there as well.

Bills. Everything is not so good in Bills land with Edwards as QB. May not be a destination but just another example of who needs a QB.

Jets are unsettled at QB. They have 3 youngsters to develop but what is amazing that you reference Clemens as being able to be groomed but he bombed when given his opportunity as a starter. How is that different than Beck? What's good for one is good for the other correct?

There are several teams that need a QB. The Lions are the most likely spot. They can pass on Stafford and rebuild from the inside out which is their plan. They would save millions on Beck.

You don't trade within your div especially QBs... Welker was an anomally... It wasn't a true trade...

Every team says they are building from the inside out - talk is cheap it's tough watching the sexy picks pass you by..., it tooks balls last year for the FO to hold their ground and draft linemen...

You don't trade within your div especially QBs... Welker was an anomally... It wasn't a true trade...

Every team says they are building from the inside out - talk is cheap it's tough watching the sexy picks pass you by..., it tooks balls last year for the FO to hold their ground and draft linemen...
And that's the beauty of the point I was trying to make. If Beck has no value there should be minimal concern if he was traded, even within the division.

I think Detroit made enough sexy picks under Millen that unless they are complete morons, the new FO will stick with the plan to build from the inside out. It has been proven time and again to work.

Beck could poetentially play for antother 12 years. That's far longer than the avg life span of football player.

Yeah, and I have a nice bridge for sale if you're interested.... :chuckle:

Well that's an opinion. Not a very good one, but an opinion nonetheless.

It's not a good opinion because it's not the same as your's??... What makes it bad?? I think it's a pretty accurate opinion, and it's mainly based on the lack of production that Beck has displayed in the two years he's been here...

He's already been beaten out by everyone on the depth chart since being drafted, {an old beat-up T. Green, and a rookie in C. Henne}. So tell me again why he's going to be worth something?...

He's got zero starting experience, and he's already 4-5 years older than anyone coming out of college at this stage. I would rather draft a late round unknown QB, and groom with him for the future, than waste a pick on someone like Beck who you already know is worthless....

When people start talking about Becks age as a negative in his value, that's them trying to place a kncok on his value.

We're not "trying" to do anything, we're just stating / sticking with the facts we have in front of us. You just can't deal with it....

You'll fight tooth and nail to support Beck, and attempt to make the rest of us feel the same way that you do. Unfortunately for you, being the Beck fan that you are, it's a no win situation....

We'll see what he's worht when the time comes. But one thing is for sure, Beck has value to other teams in the NFL.:up:

Maybe as a practice squad QB, or a 3rd stringer at best. Outside of that, he's worthless to the NFL, and the chances of him ever starting anywhere in the NFL are slim to none...

This is a "what have you done for me lately" league they play in, and thus far, Beck has done nothing. He's lucky he's still on a roster period....

IN TUNA WE TRUST...

And that's the beauty of the point I was trying to make. If Beck has no value there should be minimal concern if he was traded, even within the division.

I think Detroit made enough sexy picks under Millen that unless they are complete morons, the new FO will stick with the plan to build from the inside out. It has been proven time and again to work.

No I still wouldn't trade within my div it has noting to do with trying to be a snake oil seller..., the player like Beck who's gonna be traded for a draft pick has info on your schemes... And you play twice a year..., I think it is bad business all around

Back
Top Bottom