MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

I think the door is already closed honestly

Igawa was shaky his first start yesterday but I'm not worried, it's his first time pitching this year and some wildness was expected. From everything Posada and Guidry have said, he's got great control so I don't expect to many outings like yesterday this season. Anyways it was good to see Pavano make an appearence on the mound this week and I actually am one of the few with high hopes for him, especially as a 4 or 5. Anyways, great to see the younger players out there doing their thing. That's what the spring is all about. I know it's only a Spring Training game, but great walk-off by Bronson Sardinha. The Yankees are 5-0 in spring training and it's great to see things like that when they happen. Wang is on the mound right now. Looks like he's going to be the opening day starter!

I watched the first few innings of the yanks v tigers game yesterday and igawa didn't look good at all, but neither did Verlander. Rivera came in though in the 2nd or 3rd and shut it down though, he looked in midseason form

I watched the first few innings of the yanks v tigers game yesterday and igawa didn't look good at all, but neither did Verlander. Rivera came in though in the 2nd or 3rd and shut it down though, he looked in midseason form

Starters always look worse then relievers because they have to work their arm strength up. A reliever at most is working 2 innings a game (not a long man which are usually starters converted into long men, but actual relievers), so it's a lot easier for them to be in mid-season form in spring training then it is for a starter. The starters are still trying to build up arm strength and stretch themselves out. No need to be worried about them at this point!

is it opening day yet?

I'm goin to the stadium for the first time April 8th. And looks like it might just be Chien-Ming on the mound. I was hoping for Moose though, but oh well.

If Bedard is the Orioles opening starter I would assume he'd be going against Wang.

Wang on the DL till late April.

Hamstring injury.

It's early,no big worry

no big worry?... interesting...

anyhow, who starts opening day? Pavano?

no big worry?... interesting...

anyhow, who starts opening day? Pavano?

Pettite probably.

It's not a big worry he's only on the DL for a couple weeks. They said its a 10 day injury and he could return in 10 days, but they are just being extra cautious because its the start of the season and there is no rush.

It's a hamstring not like he threw out his shoulder. :rolleyes2 :rolleyes:

that's not quite what i'm hearing... 4-6 weeks on Wang... but, ok...

further, wasn't Pettitte ruled out of opening day because of back spasms?

Back
Top Bottom