Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams

In no way am I defending the Jets right now, but we are gonna have to overpay Brown as well in order to sign him. With what money are the Jets gonna pay Rey Lewis what he wants. I cannot believe the Jets who are in cap hell will sign Lewis. I think Lewis end up in Dallas, Denver or KC. The most likely Raven to end up in New York is Leohard.

FINS TO CHASE JASON BROWN?

So if the Ravens don’t re-sign center/guard Jason Brown, where might he land?

How about Miami?

According to Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald, speculation “continued to build” at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis that the Dolphins will pursue Brown as a replacement for Samson Satele.

Darlington writes that several league sources believe the Fins are hoping for Brown to not re-sign with the Ravens and to enter free agency on Friday.

A cynical mind might be tempted to think that the Dolphins already have been talking to Brown’s agent, Harold Lewis, about a possible deal. Of course, such communications would constitute tampering.

Then again, last year the Dolphins had a deal in place with guard Justin Smiley only 27 minutes into the free-agency period.

Maybe this time around the Fins will be a bit more discreet, waiting at least until 1:00 a.m. EST on Friday.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Guys this organization makes no secret like prior ones. We heard al last year they wanted Long and Longthey drafted. When pennington was released we knew they wanted him and they got him. This is not speculation I think Miami is serious about Brown and they are gonna do everything to sign him.

Like I have said for weeks, we could be going to bed Thursday with Brown already signed, sealed and delivered. Justin Smiley signed last year at around 12:30, and I would expect the same situation to unfold here.

Makes sense really. Get the number one target signed, and then focus on your other FA visits on Friday.

I think this year they will be alot smarter about it then last. There not gonna want to get slam with tampering so they might wait until Friday to announce something.

Dolphins expected to sign Jason Brown as early as Friday

[FONT=&quot]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/diner-morning-news-16/

From talking to clubs and sources in Indianapolis, all indications are that the Dolphins, who need to improve the inside of their offensive line, will make a huge push to sign Brown, who along with Bart Scott seems to be on the sign-right-away list. Samson Satele, Miami’s current center, is too short-armed and lacks range for the Fins to be the kind of productive line they want to be; he’s more of a back-up than a starter. The Fins must upgrade at center, and Brown would help them do that. One thing we know for sure, the Fins will strike at midnight[/FONT]

I am trying to not get too excited just yet. We still have two full days before free agency and anything can happen. Two years ago Kris Dielman was linked to the Dolphins and just before Free Agency started he signed a long term deal with the Chargers.

Last year, Flozell Adams was linked to the Dolphins and just hours before free agency started, he signed a long term deal with the Cowboys. Obviously that was for the best, because we went with Jake Long instead.

Until the clock strikes midnight on Thursday night/Friday morning, I am trying to temper my excitement.

[FONT=&quot]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/diner-morning-news-16/

From talking to clubs and sources in Indianapolis, all indications are that the Dolphins, who need to improve the inside of their offensive line, will make a huge push to sign Brown, who along with Bart Scott seems to be on the sign-right-away list. Samson Satele, Miami’s current center, is too short-armed and lacks range for the Fins to be the kind of productive line they want to be; he’s more of a back-up than a starter. The Fins must upgrade at center, and Brown would help them do that. One thing we know for sure, the Fins will strike at midnight[/FONT]

I really like the sound of this. It is obvious the Dolphins know what they want and will do whatever they need to do to get Brown. I don't think the Dolphins are afraid of having to give up Faneca type money because they know Jason is young and he has already proven his status. Pay him the money please! I love what we are doing, building the freakin' OL.

I am trying to not get too excited just yet. We still have two full days before free agency and anything can happen. Two years ago Kris Dielman was linked to the Dolphins and just before Free Agency started he signed a long term deal with the Chargers.

Last year, Flozell Adams was linked to the Dolphins and just hours before free agency started, he signed a long term deal with the Cowboys. Obviously that was for the best, because we went with Jake Long instead.

Until the clock strikes midnight on Thursday night/Friday morning, I am trying to temper my excitement.

:buzzkill:

:d-day:

Like I have said for weeks, we could be going to bed Thursday with Brown already signed, sealed and delivered. Justin Smiley signed last year at around 12:30, and I would expect the same situation to unfold here.

Makes sense really. Get the number one target signed, and then focus on your other FA visits on Friday.

I really hope you are right buddy. He would be a great signing and would give us a seriously good line.

this has turned out to be a great thread.lots of different views on brown.but i have a question?has anybody ever heard parcells or any of his team in his whole carrere .target another teams one player ,and tell everybody that they want him.has anybody ever heard bill talk about any player he wanted openly ever?has bill (ever) paid all pro money,or over pay a guy that is not in the top 10 at the position?big bill has baited and switched on people for as long as i can remember.i guess anything is possible,but bill loves this kind of stuff.i am still going 70-30 they wont sign him.bill knows alot more than i do,and if he signs him.i will be dam happy we have him.say i was wrong,and just didnt see it coming.

Back
Top Bottom