Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams

i got this from the ravens message board:
Brown doesn't have many weaknesses. Although he looks like a typical mauler he's just as good in pass protection. I don't really recall us having any issues with DT's/NT's this season, and we pretty much played the best ones in the NFL on a regular basis. Haynesworth twice, shut him down. Hampton twice, shut him down. Rogers twice, shut him down. Then you have Ratliff who is different than those big guys but he's a pro bowler as well and Brown shut him down. He did record a half a sack i believe but that was vs our RG (Chester). Brown is big, strong yet he's got quick hands and feet. He can pull, and he's terrific when it comes to 2nd level blocking (linebackers, safeties), very useful on screens etc.
He can handle big NT's one on one and you have 2 of those in your division (Wilfork, Jenkins) so i can understand why the Dolphins would want to have him.

His only weakness really is that he's still young and that he's not as experienced as some of those other guys. And i don't even know if that's a weakness, because he'll get even better the next few years. Right now he's still young, he played center for only one season so he's not as good as say Kevin Mawae or Jeff Saturday when it comes to figuring out blitz schemes, stunts and all that. That stuff comes with experience. I just know that there isn't a guard or center i would rather have. The ones that are better (slightly) are already 30+ years old, and they can't even play both positions.

get it done :chuckle:

he has to be a must sign. especially with enxt years schedule...wilfork, jenkins, (those 2 got our own center false starts its UNHEARD of), Williams, Hampton, etc etc oh man already got me ill.

That means that I'm switching my mock draft #25 pick from C to ILB. If we sign Brown we go Laurainitus. If we sign Scott, we go Mack.
What am I not seeing about Laurinitis that other people are seeing, he's slow, small, and doesn't seem to have much desire to be great. If we get Brown then we go OLB or CB with our first pick.

What am I not seeing about Laurinitis that other people are seeing, he's slow, small, and doesn't seem to have much desire to be great. If we get Brown then we go OLB or CB with our first pick.

Yes, exactly . . . I am a big fan of both with that first pick. Moore, Smith, Davis . . . or Sintim, Cushing, English and those guys. I really hope for Rey Maulauga . . . but he isn't suppose to be there.

Vikings interested in FA Center Json Brown

Just read on espn insider that the Vikings are interested in center Jason Brown from the Ravens. Looks like we might be in a bidding war for his services and I'm not sure Parcells will give up the farm to win the bid.

He didn't last year when they were bidding against the Jets for Calvin Pace.

Damn, I really want to get Jason Brown. If we are going to sign one FA this year, go for him. We really need to trade Wilford or something to free up some wasted space.

Best o line in NFL and 2000 yards for AP If they get brown. We NEED TO GET BROWn

Just read on espn insider that the Vikings are interested in center Jason Brown from the Ravens. Looks like we might be in a bidding war for his services and I'm not sure Parcells will give up the farm to win the bid.

He didn't last year when they were bidding against the Jets for Calvin Pace.
Minny is limited though for signing offensive line free agents. The poison pill Minny put in Hutchinson's contract to grab him from seattle limits how high they can offer a free agent offensive line player.

Minny is limited though for signing offensive line free agents. The poison pill Minny put in Hutchinson's contract to grab him from seattle limits how high they can offer a free agent offensive line player.

All they have to do is make Hutchinson the higest paid lineman on there team. They will figure it all out if they really want Brown believe me.

great!!!!!! that's the worst team to get into a bidding war with.

need I even say his name....
Rickthrowingmoney-1.jpg

Brown wants to be the highest paid center in the league , right? To have the highest paid Center and highest paid Guard in the league isnt very smart. I dont see them making Hutchinson the highest paid lineman and paying Brown that much. To much money wasted on the interior O-line when there is plenty of talent for them to get in the draft.

But who knows, we can only wait.

Did anyone think nobody else would be interested in him? I will be happy if its only Minn we have to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom