Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

Rustedsalvo

Urinates Excellence
Reaction score
I'm playing devils advocate here, but i'm curious how you all feel about signing Nnamdi Asomugha even if he is franchised. That would cost miami 2 first rounders. With this years being mid 20's and with good development next years being lower, would you make that trade?

I think i honestly would..Not much depth this year in draft for what we need. (lbs and wrs) i might go after it and try to move another player or two next year to double up our 2nd rounders.

ps. we have two seconds this year anyway.

what do you all think?

aww come on, even i'd do it with a gun to my head, just football man. can't enjoy it if yer dead. jk

Two first rounders is a lot - the risks are too great and if the guy you get for those two first rounders doesn't live up to expectations it can really set you back (recall: Ricky).

I'm not too sure I'd trade 2 first rounders for anyone in the league, as ridiculous as it may be. You're an injury (or pot-induced suspension) away from a major, major setback. While it's true that first-rounders aren't guaranteed to be great, or even starters, with the Trifecta running the show I think they're likely to hit on most first/second rounders with at least starter material.

That all being said, I'd love nothing more than Asomugha as a Fin, and would support even the 2 first-rounder thing if the Trifecta thought it best. But, there's no way they will.

This is Ricky Williams all over again . . . we have been here before . . . where did it get us? It got us no playoffs for SIX years . . . u can't recover from losing 2 #1's . . . what if Asmougha starts drugs, or decides to retire early or gets hurt. Yea he may do well here, but what does that mean if we don't make the playoffs.

U don't do it, no matter what. Give the Front office time to get their guys.

If we were one CB away from a SB, sure. But we have too many needs that two first rounders can fill.

Think about the Pats and their first Superbowl that started their run in 01. They didn't have just one but two first round picks. The Steelers, who just won their second Superbowl in 4 years, still have their first rounder.

There is something to be said when the elite teams keep their picks.

NO player, no players at all is worth 2 first rounders and 10 million/year... Remember the last player we gave up 2 firsts for and where that got us?

absolutely not!!!! NO PLAYER is worth giving up 2 first rounders for...i don't care who they are and how good they are!!!!

This is Ricky Williams all over again . . . we have been here before . . . where did it get us? It got us no playoffs for SIX years . . . u can't recover from losing 2 #1's . . . what if Asmougha starts drugs, or decides to retire early or gets hurt. Yea he may do well here, but what does that mean if we don't make the playoffs.

U don't do it, no matter what. Give the Front office time to get their guys.

No reason for us to get into the Nhamdi hype. I think we can find a nice young man in the draft if we are smart enough to do so.

Sorry, but you are not going to get any support on here for that. The RW experiment never really panned out on that and there's plenty of other teams that would say the same. If they franchise him again, then he's going to be very upset and guaranteed to want to bolt the first chance he gets. Let's wait and get one via F/A or the draft. BP and company are more about a strong line and pressure LB's than relying on shut-down CB's. I think we can get stronger in the CB area without having to give up the farm for one of the elites.

Did you see him get smoked by Fitzgerald in the Pro Bowl? I know it is the Pro Bowl and players don't go all out, but I wasn't impressed with him at all. And didn't Ginn juke the crap out of him or stiff arm him this year when we played them? No, no, no is my answer to the question at hand.

Back
Top Bottom