Merged: THe Official Ogunleye Trade Scenario Thread... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: THe Official Ogunleye Trade Scenario Thread...

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
THe Official Ogunleye Trade Scenario Thread...

Jay Williams was a beast Saturday night. A Williams/Bowens combo has got to make Adewale just a little nervous. Two and a half sacks in limited work between the pair? Not bad for a half of football.

While ALL OF US would like to see Ogunleye signed and in camp, it's looking like Wale is headed for a long and protracted hold out. That said, let's all throw our two cents in here and pose some possible trade scenarios.

I'll start the ball rolling. It'll go like this. Ogunleye to _TEAM_ For _Player/Pick_, followed by your reasoning behind the trade:

1. Ogunleye to Dallas for Antonio Bryant and Andrew Gurode.

Reasoning: While it's true Dallas has Greg Ellis he's getting up there in age and they could still use another pro bowl DE. Bryant doesn't fit in well with Parcells style of coaching and the kid has speed to burn. Gurode would even up the trade (Wale is a pro bowler, Bryant has yet to reach the pro bowl) and would give us a solid guard who could come in right away and start.

All right, next GM, step up... :D

Wally to Cincinatti for Peter Warrick and a 3rd rounder.

But since we signed Freeman today, who I think will be very serviceable, I'd like to see us re-up Wally.

Wally to Buffalo for Travis Henry.
This guy wants to play for a real team and we will give him all the runs and carrys he needs.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Wally to Cincinatti for Peter Warrick and a 3rd rounder.

But since we signed Freeman today, who I think will be very serviceable, I'd like to see us re-up Wally.

You can bet Wale will go for a RB not WR unless they try to get both for him.

finregime, Wally may go for a RB straight up, but if you throw in a pick with an upper echelon WR like Warrick (who had quietly a VERY good year last year) the deal would seem fair.

gmoney41 said:
Wally to Buffalo for Travis Henry.
This guy wants to play for a real team and we will give him all the runs and carrys he needs.

All together ...... "when you wish, upon a star...... "

DolphinDevil28 said:
finregime, Wally may go for a RB straight up, but if you throw in a pick with an upper echelon WR like Warrick (who had quietly a VERY good year last year) the deal would seem fair.

I'd go for Warrick only because of his special teams ability with a 3rd but i really believe Wale will go for a RB and a pick instead.

I believe if we go with Feeley as QB we can go with a 3 and 4 WR set more often helping Minor or Morris break some runs.

Forget aquiring a RB. We can go by with Minor, Morris, Russell by committee while Konrad plays a bigger role a la Alstott.

I say trade O-Gun for Peter Warrick and a mid-round pick in 2005. The WR corps need serious depth.

Justasportsfan I'm with you.

I hope you guys realize we're basically up against the cap and can't absorb most of those bonuses plus those trades won't happen. The trades that happen now are almost never player for player.

Sign and trade? This ain't the NBA buddy.

no S***!!

Obviously If You Knew Anything About The Nfl, You'd Sign O-gun, Seattle Would Sign Alexander Whos A Free Agent Next Year To An Extension Then Do The Trade...buddy

Yes I do know something about the NFL. No they would trade Alexander with his remaining deal and then we would extend him. First of all it will never happen. Boom gone it ain't gonna happen.

Ogun to buffalo, Travis Henry to Seattle, Shaun Alexander to miami

see nydolfan has the idea, three team deal is the way to go to get henry or alexander

Back
Top Bottom