Merged: THe Official Ogunleye Trade Scenario Thread...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by miamirw, Aug 16, 2004.

1. miamirw

miamirw Pro Bowler

THe Official Ogunleye Trade Scenario Thread...

Jay Williams was a beast Saturday night. A Williams/Bowens combo has got to make Adewale just a little nervous. Two and a half sacks in limited work between the pair? Not bad for a half of football.

While ALL OF US would like to see Ogunleye signed and in camp, it's looking like Wale is headed for a long and protracted hold out. That said, let's all throw our two cents in here and pose some possible trade scenarios.

I'll start the ball rolling. It'll go like this. Ogunleye to _TEAM_ For _Player/Pick_, followed by your reasoning behind the trade:

1. Ogunleye to Dallas for Antonio Bryant and Andrew Gurode.

Reasoning: While it's true Dallas has Greg Ellis he's getting up there in age and they could still use another pro bowl DE. Bryant doesn't fit in well with Parcells style of coaching and the kid has speed to burn. Gurode would even up the trade (Wale is a pro bowler, Bryant has yet to reach the pro bowl) and would give us a solid guard who could come in right away and start.

All right, next GM, step up... :D

2. DolphinDevil28

DolphinDevil28 I like boobs. Finheaven VIP Donator

Wally to Cincinatti for Peter Warrick and a 3rd rounder.

But since we signed Freeman today, who I think will be very serviceable, I'd like to see us re-up Wally.

3. gmoney41

gmoney41 Starter

Wally to Buffalo for Travis Henry.
    This guy wants to play for a real team and we will give him all the runs and carrys he needs.

4. finregime

finregime Who's Yo Daddy

You can bet Wale will go for a RB not WR unless they try to get both for him.

5. DolphinDevil28

DolphinDevil28 I like boobs. Finheaven VIP Donator

finregime, Wally may go for a RB straight up, but if you throw in a pick with an upper echelon WR like Warrick (who had quietly a VERY good year last year) the deal would seem fair.

6. Justasportsfan

Justasportsfan FinHeaven Elite Hammered

All together ...... "when you wish, upon a star...... "

7. finregime

finregime Who's Yo Daddy

I'd go for Warrick only because of his special teams ability with a 3rd but i really believe Wale will go for a RB and a pick instead.

I believe if we go with Feeley as QB we can go with a 3 and 4 WR set more often helping Minor or Morris break some runs.

8. The Phinster

The Phinster Northeast Dolfan

Forget aquiring a RB. We can go by with Minor, Morris, Russell by committee while Konrad plays a bigger role a la Alstott.

I say trade O-Gun for Peter Warrick and a mid-round pick in 2005. The WR corps need serious depth.

9. Jaj

Jaj What you say?

Justasportsfan I'm with you.

I hope you guys realize we're basically up against the cap and can't absorb most of those bonuses plus those trades won't happen. The trades that happen now are almost never player for player.

10. TPD1479

TPD1479 Seasoned Veteran

Shaun Alexander

O-gun For Alexander Straight Up..sign And Trade Deal....

11. Jaj

Jaj What you say?

Sign and trade? This ain't the NBA buddy.

12. TPD1479

TPD1479 Seasoned Veteran

no S***!!

Obviously If You Knew Anything About The Nfl, You'd Sign O-gun, Seattle Would Sign Alexander Whos A Free Agent Next Year To An Extension Then Do The Trade...buddy

13. Jaj

Jaj What you say?

Yes I do know something about the NFL. No they would trade Alexander with his remaining deal and then we would extend him. First of all it will never happen. Boom gone it ain't gonna happen.

14. nydolfan13

nydolfan13 Active Member

Ogun to buffalo, Travis Henry to Seattle, Shaun Alexander to miami

15. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 Perennial All-Pro

see nydolfan has the idea, three team deal is the way to go to get henry or alexander

16. dreamz4fins

dreamz4fins Well-Known Member

Unfortuantely he's right guys.
    The Bills aint that stupid. Could you imagine if we won both games thi syear because of Henry??:roflmao: They will save themselves the embarrasment and just loose the way they are right now.:roflmao:

17. phinfan2003

phinfan2003 Perennial All-Pro

I know this seems far-fetched and looks more like a MLB trade but O-Gun to Browns for Andre Davis, Lee Suggs, and a 3rd.

18. Phinsdude

Phinsdude Pro Bowler

Never say Never. We still have a little room right now, and there could always be a release in the process. Who to release?, I don't know, but Basically, it would almost cost less to bring in a few decent players, then sign Ogun to the contract he wants. I can't see them working an 8 figure signing bonus into future years, without having an impact on this years cap.

19. Bowl_Bound

Bowl_Bound A True Fan

No wr trades. I think we can spead the ball around with Thompson, CC, Freeman, Minor, Morris and Conrad (how good did he look :eek: )
    How about Ogun to :
    Indy for Edge, although he may be avaiable for free next year.
    Carolina for Davis. Power back that may be odd man out next year with Foster.
    NOTHING WITH BUFFALO!!!!

20. The Phinster

The Phinster Northeast Dolfan

Sweet! I like that three team trade by Nydolfan.

21. Phinman84

Phinman84 Colorado Fin Fan

I say Ogun for Onterrio Smith for and we a sixth round pick to replace the one sent to San Diego for David Boston.

22. mike_vee

mike_vee Seasoned Veteran

o-gun & henry to washington for gardner and samuels

23. phinfan2003

O-Gun to KC for Larry Johnson and a 3rd.

24. dreamz4fins

dreamz4fins Well-Known Member

:roflmao: Yeah, if this was only true!
    You're out of your mind. Browns aint that stupid.

25. phinfan2003

The funny thing about your posts is that you seem to be laughing at everybody else's posts and haven't offered up one of your own. That's what's so damn :roflmao:

26. Noodle Arm

Noodle Arm FinHeaven VIP

Guys..come on, stop with the Buffalo talk. Never going to happen...even a 3 way deal. Seriously, can you imagine St. Clair going up against an angry Ogun twice this season?? :eek:

If we trade Ogun we're not going to get a top tier player in return. We'll be getting those second tier players like a Gardner or a O.Smith or, if the rumors are true, a Musa Smith (who would fit in great with our system). Young guys with potential upside, but not star material as of yet.

All I have to say is, if we trade Ogun I want it to be for a young player. No old farts over 30 please!

27. Dphins4me

Dphins4me A True Fan

The NFL salary cap does not allow for sign and trades. Teams get hit with all the bonus money in one year.

28. Dphins4me

Dphins4me A True Fan

I'm going to throw out a name that would be available for OGun.

LaBrandon Toefield & a No. 2 pick?

He does have a injury concern, but Miami is not going to get a player now that does not come with question marks.

Opinions?

29. Dphins4me

Dphins4me A True Fan

I'd want more than a 6th & Smith for OGun. Smith was a 4th round pick in '03. He has done nothing to improve on that. So I would want at least a No. 2 pick in return.

30. Noodle Arm

Noodle Arm FinHeaven VIP

LaBrandon Toefield??? Never heard of him before...therefore NO WAY! :tongue:

Seriously though, Toefield is a big dude at 5'11"/233 pounds...but is he better than what we have now? I know he's more of a North/South type runner, but is he an improvement? How did he play against us btw? I didn't really pay attention to him.

The guy I covet is Musa Smith...but he's most likely staying put with the Raven's star RB problems *coughdrugscough* lol

31. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE NFL'S WINNINGEST TEAM

That is funny :lol: .
    I don't see Buffalo trading Henry either despite him sharing time or getting benched.....not even for a Pro Bowl DE they need as much as we need an RB.

32. Section126

Section126 FinHeaven VIP

Ogun to Seattle for Shaun Alexander, Koren Robinson, Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson, Grant Widstrom, and a 2nd round pick.

33. TorontoFin

TorontoFin Trapped in Trudeaupia

I've said it for over a year now hat Ogun is definetly a 11-14 sack guy with JT taking some heat on the other side, but not the 15-20 sack beast he thinks he is. While I think Ogun is great, and who wouldn't love 12 sacks a year from their #2 DE, I think a combined williams and a healthy david Bowens, equaling Ogun's playing time, would produce around 10-12 sacks. I would gladly sacrifice a worst case scenerio of 3-5 sacks for the season, if it means trading for a stud #2 WR, with Thompson and Freeman cometing for #3 playing time.
    trading O-gun for a Rb makes little short-term sense, because quite frankly, with this O-line the upgrade would have little impact. I'm not sure how succesful any RB would be behind these guys. Also, keep in mind that Edgrin is a damn good possibility next year -- (not sure thing, but Mia will likely be the 1st team he listens to), so why give up O-gun for an Ontario Smith or Larry johnson now?

34. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 A True Fan

Ogunleye to skins for gardner and a 2nd rder... Also sign FA RB Hearst for depth....

35. Dafins

Dafins 2004 coming hard

you all give to much credit to ogun he is not in high demand. one year wonder...

36. Juice_56

Juice_56 Well-Known Member

of all the rb trade situations, our best bet is with minnesota i think, they have 3 players on their depth chart that can be starters, arguably, wed need to change our gameplan with onterio being more jukey than pile driving like ricky did, but id be confident if that trade happened, since minne would know we need the trade, theyd get the better of the trade but both teams could survive without the players they are giving up. o-gun for smith and a 3rd, conditional 3rd becomes a 4th or 5th if o-gun starts all games and doesnt register 10 sacks.i feel thats realistic, if we make trades for running backs the other teams are going to play us with the trade with our needs.

37. ABrownLamp

ABrownLamp The Decider

NO WR TRADES!!!! Now we have Freeman, Thompson, Chambers and Boston. If DBo gets back to normal health and can be productive, then the WR we get from an OGun trade would be superflous and we would be out one star DE.

Although I am going under the assumption that DThompson will be a lot better this year and that Freeman is still servicable, I still think that is a safer assumption than thinking that Minor, Morris and the little guy will cut it behind a shaky OLine.

38. miamirw

miamirw Pro Bowler

That is a good plan. I'd add a fifth rounder to TB for MCCardell's services. Then we don't have to rush DBoss back (he can heal until the playoffs when our four reciever set will look like: Chambers, Gardner, McCardell and Boston - wow).

39. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

Ogun to Pittsburgh for Plaxico and a 4th :D

40. Dphins4me

Dphins4me A True Fan

You forgot Hasselbeck. I might would even through in Fielder with him.