Merged: THe Official Ogunleye Trade Scenario Thread... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: THe Official Ogunleye Trade Scenario Thread...

Justasportsfan said:
All together ...... "when you wish, upon a star...... "

That is funny :lol: .
I don't see Buffalo trading Henry either despite him sharing time or getting benched.....not even for a Pro Bowl DE they need as much as we need an RB.

Ogun to Seattle for Shaun Alexander, Koren Robinson, Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson, Grant Widstrom, and a 2nd round pick.

I've said it for over a year now hat Ogun is definetly a 11-14 sack guy with JT taking some heat on the other side, but not the 15-20 sack beast he thinks he is. While I think Ogun is great, and who wouldn't love 12 sacks a year from their #2 DE, I think a combined williams and a healthy david Bowens, equaling Ogun's playing time, would produce around 10-12 sacks. I would gladly sacrifice a worst case scenerio of 3-5 sacks for the season, if it means trading for a stud #2 WR, with Thompson and Freeman cometing for #3 playing time.
trading O-gun for a Rb makes little short-term sense, because quite frankly, with this O-line the upgrade would have little impact. I'm not sure how succesful any RB would be behind these guys. Also, keep in mind that Edgrin is a damn good possibility next year -- (not sure thing, but Mia will likely be the 1st team he listens to), so why give up O-gun for an Ontario Smith or Larry johnson now?

Ogunleye to skins for gardner and a 2nd rder... Also sign FA RB Hearst for depth....

you all give to much credit to ogun he is not in high demand. one year wonder...

of all the rb trade situations, our best bet is with minnesota i think, they have 3 players on their depth chart that can be starters, arguably, wed need to change our gameplan with onterio being more jukey than pile driving like ricky did, but id be confident if that trade happened, since minne would know we need the trade, theyd get the better of the trade but both teams could survive without the players they are giving up. o-gun for smith and a 3rd, conditional 3rd becomes a 4th or 5th if o-gun starts all games and doesnt register 10 sacks.i feel thats realistic, if we make trades for running backs the other teams are going to play us with the trade with our needs.

NO WR TRADES!!!! Now we have Freeman, Thompson, Chambers and Boston. If DBo gets back to normal health and can be productive, then the WR we get from an OGun trade would be superflous and we would be out one star DE.

Although I am going under the assumption that DThompson will be a lot better this year and that Freeman is still servicable, I still think that is a safer assumption than thinking that Minor, Morris and the little guy will cut it behind a shaky OLine.

Ogunleye to skins for gardner and a 2nd rder... Also sign FA RB Hearst for depth....

That is a good plan. I'd add a fifth rounder to TB for MCCardell's services. Then we don't have to rush DBoss back (he can heal until the playoffs when our four reciever set will look like: Chambers, Gardner, McCardell and Boston - wow).

Section126 said:
Ogun to Seattle for Shaun Alexander, Koren Robinson, Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson, Grant Widstrom, and a 2nd round pick.
You forgot Hasselbeck. I might would even through in Fielder with him.

Wale to anyone with a good young wide receiver, one that has real potential, plus a pick that is acceptable.

Dafins said:
you all give to much credit to ogun he is not in high demand. one year wonder...
I would not call him a one year wonder. He posted something like 9.5 sacks in '02. The question about OGun is it him or playing opposite from Taylor.

Back in the late '90s Jacksonville paid Bryce Paup top dollar and he was playing across from Bruce Smith in Buffalo. Paup did little in the 2 years in Jacksonville, and I think teams remember these things.

exactly... he has done it two years... i think two years ago he had 10.5 sacks

Justasportsfan said:
All together ...... "when you wish, upon a star...... "

sooner or later........you'll own General (Electric).

In other words, henry wont be around next year.

Back
Top Bottom