Merged: The Official OJ Atogwe Thread

Discussion in 'General NFL Forum' started by SR 7, Jan 22, 2009.

1. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

link was from sunsent. blog

2. SamIam

SamIam Starter

Say hello to Dilmas :d-day:

3. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

thats what im saying :) I LOVE that kid dude.

4. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

I wish I could say I'm heartbroken, but I'm really not. Give me Delmas via the Draft.

5. etown08

etown08 PA FINS

6. Phins28

Phins28 A True Fan

Damn it :(

7. etown08

etown08 PA FINS

Now I think we resign our current safeties and draft Delmas and let Hill walk

8. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

Hill is good for depth! Keep him too!

9. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 The D will RushYa, Like Moscow Donator

Yea I think we go FS early in this draft (Delmas, Johnson, Moore . . etc.). . . and resign Hill for depth. Then we got Bell (assuming we resign or franchise him) and Culver at SS. Plus we just signed a guy as well.

10. etown08

etown08 PA FINS

I think Moore is over rated and everything that i have been hearing is that he has looked terrible at practice and has been toasted a few times. I really like Delmas and Johnson I would be happy with either one.

11. etown08

etown08 PA FINS

I dont think we can resign everyone and Bell is a higher proirity than Hill

12. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

Come on, man...you mean to tell me that you were ignoring reality and actually thinking that STL was going to let their star player walk away? :sidelol:

Dude, I thought that everybody knew that?

Same thing goes for Ashomasusho whatever from OAK, Jason Brown of BAL, Terrell Suggs of BAL, Antonio Bryant of TB, Dunte Robinson of HOU, Julius Peppers of CAR, and Matt Cassell of NE...

If the player is a star, or a young and budding star...the team is going to re-sign them or franchise tag.

13. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

Nah, that's not MIA's style...

Parcells is going to re-sign Hill. Heck, he was the QB of our "D" according to Sparano.

Nah, they will draft a Willliam Moore or Delmas to groom behind Hill and re-sign Bell to start at SS with Culver backing him up, if he beats out any of the camp fodder we signed recently...

14. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

Hill will be fairly cheap.

15. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

Moore is being rumored to be a LB better then a S he completley STUNK it up in the SR BOWL. like really really really bad.

Delmas will be our FS and prob will start hill at back up and ST and Bell will start at SS with culver as backup. now u can use culver as a S on 3 S sets and HIll at CB. I like culver he reminds me of bell when he was coming along with saban.

16. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Hill should come cheap because he flat out sucks!!!

17. normaniii

normaniii A True Fan

hill stays but patritos will not re-sign cassel,

18. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Omar Kelly has loved that guy all year. He makes out like he is Ed Reed.

19. mandal24

mandal24 Genesis

Oshiomogho Atogwe anyone?

According to NFL, the Rams might pass on frachising Atogwe and let him test the FA Market. He's a poor mans Ed Reed, and we all know what Ed Reed did this year to opposing teams. This guy is always around the ball and has a knack for making plays.
    Theres no question we need upgrades in the secondary (Patriots game, Cardinals game) and for all the guys wanting the Raiders CB.. Id LOVE to have him, but be realistic, if the Raiders dont franchise him, he will be the highest paid defensive player of all time.. remember Nate Clements ridiculous contract a couple of years ago. I doubt Parcells and Ireland go after Aso.
    And also, with the draft being so weak at Safety, this is a great way to get a relatively young (27 years old) guy who can be a ballhawk for us. There are no elite safeties in the draft this year IMO, and only like four that are potential, future studs (Moore whos stock is dropping, Johnson and Delmas are a little undersized and Chung who should go in the 2/3 round range)
    Only guys I want more than Atogwe in FA, are guys that problably get franchised or will come with an insane price tag...
    -Aso from the Raiders- $$$$$
    -Karlos Dansby- He would be a perfect fit at ILB to replace Crowder but Cardinals probably franchise him or though it could be Kurt Warner..

So in the end, I think/hope its Atogwe. A guy we can bring in who will make big plays for our secondary for years to come and now we can take the safety position off the list of positions to draft (well thats hoping we sign Y Bell at SS)

20. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

HEY!!!! DONT YOU EVER MENTION ED REED ON THIS FORUM AGAIN!!! SACRILAGE!!! :lol:

21. mandal24

mandal24 Genesis

ah trust me i know.. i hate that guy after that PLAYOFF game.. but it opened my eyes to realizing how important a ballhawking, attack the ball in mid-air, aggressive safety could be

22. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

Yes, please.

23. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

6 FF and 5 INT? sign me up...oh and he goes up and locates the ball n 'grabs it...something NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ONE in our secondary can do but j allen and we all know the story with J allen.

and dont say goodman had 5 ints...PLZ. 1 was overthrown, another 1 was overthrown, and 1 was overthrown again...2 by favre were overthrown, 1 vs the rams overthrown....thats not making a play on the ball thats just fielding a hail marry.

the only INT i rem from him where i said wow nice play was vs the texans where he basically flipped over the WR during the INT.

24. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

Wow! Otogwe would be very great news. This would afford us to pass on using the #44 pick on Delmas and allow us to use it on a CB or NT.

25. cafinfan408

cafinfan408 Punching Bag

yes.
    and dont hate on goodman..
    good coverage causes bad throws

26. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

lmao right...

....so favre INT weren't b/c of bad decisions or overthrowns or in 234234 coverage but b/c he has faced ELITE DBs throughout his career....

:lol:

27. hoops

hoops exited stage left

what nose tackle or cb at #44???

28. cyesae

cyesae Well-Known Member

the guy would be a great pick up and i agree with everything you say but dont act like he is coming cheap but i think he has the potential to be an ed reed, troy polumalu, or reggie nelson if you have noticed most successful safeties have the help of great d lines that all those players have (07 jags season) so i think the guy would be a great player but if we dont get more pressure on the qb we will not get as much bang for our buck

29. SRM

SRM Scout Team

Man, usually I agree with you, but come on .. clowning on Goodman for getting easy picks? At least he gets them, everyone else on our roster has a hard time at getting those " easy picks ".

30. Davo

Davo Scout Team

would love to pick up atogwe....good old Canadian boy....and ya to comment on an earlier post....our secondary the last couple of years has had the worst hands......

31. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

If we are going to sign one big ticket free agent I hope this is the guy. Resign Carey and Crowder and sign this guy that would really help us as a team. Then maybe go after Mcfadden and Bodden for the secondary. Good teams build from the draft and make smart free agent moves. Not giving guys 23 million guararnteed that have yet to prove anything for u.

32. CedarPhin

CedarPhin Finheaven Hall of Shame

I hope St. Louis doesn't franchise him. I'd love to have him on the team.

33. fairbanksb

fairbanksb Panhandler

Only if I had the antidote first.

34. AtlantaRamFan

AtlantaRamFan Rookie

From a Rams fan perspective, I'm really hoping the Rams keep him. He's obviously a ball hawk, but the downside to him is that he's not great in coverage, and he does miss a lot of tackles. A team with a good pass rush/LB core would very much help compensate for those two deficiencies. Just my $.02

35. DearbornDolfan

DearbornDolfan Seasoned Veteran

You know, I think the Fins just might have the money to pick up Asomugha, Otogwe, and sign draft picks. Get rid of Holliday and the money is definitely there.

Jesus H Christ jumping on a pogo stick, nobody would pass on us with that secondary. Hell, nobody would run on us, either, because we'd be bringing seven every time.

36. dbeals05

dbeals05 Tom Brady is the Devil

If he doesn't cost us to much, i think we could land him.

37. DearbornDolfan

You guys don't get it, do you? This kid's going to be the best safety in the league at some point and we're going to look like ***** if we don't land him because of a few million, especially since after this upcoming season it's all about how deep the owner will dig into his pockets.

38. skipp2myloo13

skipp2myloo13 Rookie

get out of dream land. we wont sign either, because nether will be available. and even if they were we prolly wouldnt get one, nevermind both.

39. cafinfan408

cafinfan408 Punching Bag

yes thats exactly what i said.. i said every int ever thrown in high school college or the nfl is because of elite db's. finally someone understands my quotes..
    :lol2:

40. fgrocker

fgrocker Starter

Kudos to being one of the few on these forums who can spell a tough name right.

The one thing that concerns me about Atogwe is that this year he had 5 PD and 5 INTs. That means that while he picked every ball he could get his hands on, he only got his hands on 5 balls.

41. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

I agree, but a lot of that could have to do with the fact that their defense just sucked in general. He was probably a little easier to avoid.

42. Dfootball11

Dfootball11 Starter

i think SS is the #2 position needing adressed on this team.. if we can sign him i would be very greatful

43. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

hes a fs

44. DearbornDolfan

The Faiders are eight million under the cap, that's not enough to franchise Asomugha. The Rams could franchise Otogwe, but it would only leave them with roughly five million to sign free agents and draft picks, which is not enough considering they have to sign yet another high first round pick.

There are very few teams that are more attractive than Miami, have as much or more cap space, and have needs in the defensive backfield. If we cut ties with Holliday (which would free up roughly 8 million), that number would be reduced to none.

45. skipp2myloo13

skipp2myloo13 Rookie

i didnt realize that thanks. i can see them leaving now, but i just dont know if we are the type of team to give big contracts to skill players. i would love to but i dont know if itll happen. otogwe is a great FS, but he will be extremely overpayed in FA. Nambdi is the best CB in the NFL, and has been for 2 years. he deserves his money, but i think some team will break the bank for him and i dont know if we are willing to do that. if we could either one i would be siked, if we could get both, which i still dont believe we would (not could) i would have to change my pants. thanks for the insight tho

46. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

it's only fitting if we sign him away from St. Louis. they drafted him with the pick we traded them for Lamar Gordon.

47. DearbornDolfan

I think if both hit the market, the Fins go after both, and make it known to both, that they'll take a slight pay cut to play in a great defensive backfield. I have to believe that the Fins are a safety and corner away from making a run on the Super Bowl, because those are the weak links. Inking those two allows the Fins to shift focus away from alarming needs and gives the FO freedom to do a true BPA draft.

There's money and all the motivation in the world to do this. I think if Parcells & Co are serious about a championship they have to. It might or might not happen this year, but those two would be monumental building blocks for the future.

48. derricknjess

derricknjess Active Member

Fs Otagwe Tagged

per rotoworld stayin in stl

49. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

i gotta say this franchise thing is the stupidest thing in sports. and i think we are the only sport that has it

50. derricknjess

derricknjess Active Member

Fs Otagwe Tagged

per rotoworld stayin in stl