Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

He'll be 37 in July. Beat me to it, looked horrible last season.
he played a half game last year before he was hurt. you cant expect a player that is out 8 games to caome back and perform at an elite level. it will take some time to get back to the speed of the game.

okay let me start bye saying this
i would like to have green i liked him for a couple of years know i also like david carr
i think we wil end up only getting carr because it will be cheaper (no draft picks) then carr and daunte will battle for the starting job daunte wins hand down and if the dolphins do something stupid like cut him he will go to another team and not only be good but he will be great i say get carr and keep daunte if daunte looks like he is for sure over then we have carr and if he cant get i t done here then it waqsnt houston but him then we can draft a Qb next year like(Hawaii's Colt Brennan)
i have all the faith in daunte he just needs a little time

Is Joe Ferguson in da house--Let him have a run at it too. I understand the Green thingy, but I dont likey. This team always seems to be building for the future these days.

I like the idea of drafting a QB, but I dont like the idea of my FB pushing this years QB around in a wheel chair in the backfield all season.

If they plan to draft a QB then green is the one,
if not i'd go to Carr, since he is younger, can take a hit, and always played good against us.

okay let me start bye saying this
i would like to have green i liked him for a couple of years know i also like david carr
i think we wil end up only getting carr because it will be cheaper (no draft picks) then carr and daunte will battle for the starting job daunte wins hand down and if the dolphins do something stupid like cut him he will go to another team and not only be good but he will be great i say get carr and keep daunte if daunte looks like he is for sure over then we have carr and if he cant get i t done here then it waqsnt houston but him then we can draft a Qb next year like(Hawaii's Colt Brennan)
i have all the faith in daunte he just needs a little time
"dante he just needs a little time"
miami doesnt have a little time. our defense is getting old so he have to win now. in about 3 years we will be losing our best two defensive players to retirement, zach thomas, and jason taylor.

why in the heck do we want a 34 yr old qb just coming of a major head injury that will cost us some kind of compensation(draft pick/picks), when we could sign a much younger, not injured david carr? yea cam has a history with trent,but way back when both were with washington and younger.i say sign carr draft stanton in 2nd round and at camp let the best man win.

hes turning 37:sidelol:

I like Cameron saying whoever the QB is will earn it. I'd take Kolb with our 60th pick, bring in either Green or Carr (I'd prefer Green), keep Lemon as a backup, cut DC, and move on.
i think we could get him with our 3rd or maybe 4th but if we take a QB in the 2nd it should be Drew Stanton in my opinion.

As much as I like Stanton, I would almost rather have Kolb. But even before Kolb, Id rather have David Carr in a Dolphins uniform

Culpepper cant be cut until the staff sees he still not ready to get outhere and play successfully. I would feel pretty good goin into camp wit culpepper, lemon and carr. They will definitely find a starter out of the 3 of them. Trent Green would be a nice pick up because he will be what we are lookin in a qb but his years are close to bein over. Carr still has alot to show. Plus he will come at no cost rather than a pick. Im still very confident that Culpepper will be fins starter beginnin of season.

I think that will be before the draft. If we draft a QB then I think Green would be a good choice to teach him. As far as Carr goes, I'm not sold on him, yeah he has the physical tools, but so did JH. I have only seen him play once, against the Fins last season, so I can't really give an informed opinion on him. But even if you play for a bad team, in 5 years the coaching staff should be able to see if he has all the tools, physical and mental, to get it done or if it was just the circumstances surrounding him.

IMO we can work out a way to suceede with a QB who reads Ds slow (not my first choice on who I want leading the offense). Im not sure if there is a legit play name for this but if we have ricky and ronnie in the back field at the same time and they both use play action from our QB, one goes left, one goes right, our wr streaks down the field and our qb throws deep if the guy is open or throws off if its covered. The defenses will have thier hands full trying to figure where in the backfield is the ball leaving from and the QB can be taught to execute with very little reading skills.

Just curious if that sounds feasiable to any of you also?

Back
Top Bottom