Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

Why would we miss out on him? Mueller is still here and can negotiate all night long. I'm sure that Cam has been and will continue to be in contact with the FO while on vacation.

I Don't Believe the Lions Are Serious About Green

I think the Chiefs are blowing smoke about the Lions interest in Trent Green. Sure, Millen seems to be playing along with Carl Peterson on the smokescreen, but I don't see how the Lions could possibly be in the market for Trent Green. What are the facts?

1. Green is 37 and coming off a serious concussion injury. He's also had a significant knee injury.

2. The Lions already have Jon Kitna, also in his 30s, but with a better injury history. Kitna is also coming off a 4000 yard season.

3. The Lions are rebuilding. When you're rebuilding, you value draft picks. You don't throw them away on 37 year old QBs that are 1 hit from being out of the league.

When you put it all together, it makes no sense for the Lions to want Green. It also makes no sense for Green to want to play in a Martz offense when he knows that he will be hit frequently due to Martz's scheme and an inferior offensive line.

This isn't an opinion on whether or not we should acquire Green. I'm just saying that Mueller and Cameron shouldn't be swayed by news of interest from the Detroit Lions.

Mueller pulls the triggers, and it's not like he taint gotta phone
or on of those Playstation PSP thingees you whipper snappers
diddle on all day.

cuando en roma, haz como los romanos. not los lonely lonely boys.

Well, I was just goin by what John Clayton said in his article, not to expect much to happen with him on vacation....I wasn't sure how that would work out.....

In my opinion, the Dolphins should bring Carr in rather than Trent Green. Yes, I know there are thousands of posts about Carr and Green, however...how can anything get done with Cam on vacation in Rome?

Sure. Cam knows which one he wants, or more to the point, which one he wants more. So the only sticking point is compensation to KC. Mueller calls cam, gives him the latest offer, gets the "yes" or "no", and Mueller finishes it with Green or Carr.

As long as he's in Rome, though, I wonder if the Pope is a Dolphin fan. Couldn't hurt to find out, you know, with the draft coming up...

In my opinion, the Dolphins should bring Carr in rather than Trent Green. Yes, I know there are thousands of posts about Carr and Green, however...how can anything get done with Cam on vacation in Rome? Here's the article from John Clayton:
Dolphins passing on QB Green?

posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 | Print Entry

Don't expect the Dolphins to land quarterback Trent Green anytime soon because the price is too high. Even though the Dolphins have come to a reasonable compromise on what Green could make if he becomes a Dolphin, the price in draft choices to get him is too high.
The Chiefs want a second-round choice and possibly another pick. The Dolphins won't go higher than a sixth-rounder. That's a wide area of compromise. The Dolphins have the option to sign David Carr, but that won't quickly either. Dolphins coach Cam Cameron is on vacation in Rome for a week, so don't expect much to happen while he is away. And if you are wondering about the timing of the vacation, it was arranged before Cameron thought he would become a head coach.
So, with him on vacation, we could be late at trying to land Carr....what do you think?

The rest of the world has blackberry, im sure Cam has one too... You can bet your bank account he is right up to par on all of this

I just hope we don't sway and give away to much of a draft pick for a beat-up, concussion prone qb...

It

WTF? We better get one of them. Preferably Carr. Screw Vacation buddy your a HC now.

That's what I'm talkin about man.....Lol

WTF? We better get one of them. Preferably Carr. Screw Vacation buddy your a HC now.

Dont worry dude... im sure Cam has his blackberry right by his side... You can bet your bank account he is right up to par on all of this

Back
Top Bottom