Merged: Upated Sunday Forecast /John Deere/Forecast for Sunday at Foxboro

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by njfinfan, Dec 2, 2003.

1. njfinfan

njfinfan Finheaven's "First Lady"

Forecast for Sunday at Foxboro

Here's the forecast for the game. Anyone think the weather has anything to do with how we play?

Sunday
    Cloudy with a chance of sleet...snow...or rain. Breezy. Lows in the mid 20s and highs in the upper 30s.

Opinions?

2. Rebar71

Rebar71 OOPS - I did it again!

Re: Forecast for Sunday at Foxboro

freakin' cold

3. muddaconch

muddaconch Well-Known Member

If we lose, weather is not an excuse.

4. njfinfan

I just somehow always associate our late season collapses with places that are cold and/or snowy - thanks to the schedule makers, it seems we always have the same schedule at the end of the season - on the road and in cold, snowy places.

5. Scrap

Scrap Hall Of Famer

My forecast:

Dolphins HOT

Patriots COLD

6. DolphinzD

DolphinzD Boom!! How you like that??

This is the fourth straight year the game at New England has been in December.....and I think also the fourth straight year the game at Buffalo has been in December.....although a couple of those may have been late November games. Anyways, the Dolphins are 3-3 in those games. Let's go for 2-0 this year!!

7. Predaphin

Predaphin Predator in the Water

Ricky loves the snow...I hope it snows.

8. vans12

vans12 Scout Team

I believe the weather will help Miami and hurt NE. One team runs the ball well and the other does not. It doesn't matter what NE did the first game to control Ricky they will not do it this time. And Brady will throw at least 2 picks. If we do not make mistakes we beat them. We should have beat them the first time. But should of could of would is always the story.

9. Justasportsfan

Justasportsfan FinHeaven Elite Hammered

If you are basing it on last year, too bad the rest of the team hates the snow. :tongue:

10. SonofSam

SonofSam Active Member

Yeah it does. And I sure hope it is cold so at least we have an excuse.

11. finsfan4life

finsfan4life In Dawn We Trust!

Last year was an abberation. If Ricky gains over 150 again the Fins win.

12. relive1972

relive1972 Premium Member

Ricky may love the snow, but our DBs can't handle it. That's the main reason Buffalo won the second game last season, (even though Ricky had over 200yds), because their WRs are more accustomed to playing in snow than our DBs, and it gave them a huge edge.

13. njfinfan

Once again I pose the question. Can't the Dolphins find somewhere to practice at least part of the time in cold/snowy weather? Is that unrealistic?

14. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

This will be the most hyped subject this week. I live in New England and can honestly tell you guys you really just have to wait and see what Sunday brings. Those freakin weathermen will start predicting snow anytime there is any moisture in the area from now until March. They will be wrong about 85% of the time. Oh I believe it will be cold, heck it is cold out right now (26 degrees on my way to work today) but I seriously doubt it will snow and if it does I doubt it will accumulate. We usually get most of our snow in late January, February (28 days I could do without living up here) and March. It's all hype it probably won't snow.

15. ZOD

ZOD Ruler of the Universe

I told my 10 yr old the forecast. He said, "Oh no, we were going to lose." :tongue:

16. muddaconch

muddaconch Well-Known Member

If he were mine (well, I would have been 8 when he was born...), he would be on a year of restrictions.

17. RUDEbyallMEANS

RUDEbyallMEANS Perennial All-Pro

Perfect weather for Miami to destroy the cold weather bullsh*t

Let's not forget Miami had an 11 point lead against the Patriots last year in Foxboro and just let it go.. Had nothing to do with the weather.. Miami felt they had the game done with..

3 years ago Miami beat the Patriots in Foxboro

2 years ago Miami lost another 4th quarter lead in Foxboro and lost the game..

The Cold Weather myth makes it sound like Miami gets blown out in the cold.. WRONG

18. upstart

upstart The Snow Plow Game

cold is great,snow is great...and its great fin-fins are happy about it

19. Crennelichick

Crennelichick Active Member

The Pats will be in shirtsleves. It's soo freakin' cold up here right now that I am considering moving to the sunshine state! By the time next weekend rolls around if the temps are in the 30's, you'll see a lot of bare arms and sun screen on the Pats!:D

Seems the NFL has a sick sence of humor sending the Northern teams south in the fall and the Southern teams north in the winter! I could never figure that one out!

20. DolfanISS

I live here too. It will be cold but I doubt it will snow. The weathermen will forecast snow every time their is a possiblity of moisture from now until March and they will be WRONG a lot. That's just the way it is up here. We get most of our snow in January - March.

21. XoPhinsoX

XoPhinsoX No More Injuries, Please ;).

Being too cold is the worst excuse in the world.

If anything snow could only help us. The Patriots can't run.

22. Jaj

Jaj What you say?

Oh Please snow. We can run better, way better. Plus we can set up some nice PA.

23. Dolfan02

Dolfan02 Somebody kick Huizenga for me

And too bad the Bills hate winning games this year. :pirate:

24. MacAttack

MacAttack Starter

Run-Ricky-Run!

25. Justasportsfan

Stick with the subject. We're talking about the fins@ NE and weather. :rolleyes:

A qb (I foget who) said that it's hardler to play in the cold than it is in heat. Cold just zaps out the energy out of you.

26. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Bon vivant

It seems the quick-hitting passes NE relies on (e.g., WR screens) could be more difficult in cold, wet conditions.

27. Dolfan02

Dolfan02 Somebody kick Huizenga for me

Only a Bills fan wants to change the subject when talking about his team. :)

28. Justasportsfan

There's another forum called the smack forum. I'm not surprised you can't tell the difference. :D

29. Dolphin Dan

Dolphin Dan Alright, MIAMI!

Guys I think the weather is given way too much credit in games like this. The reality is both teams deal with the same conditions. Both teams have guys that prefer warm weather and both have guys that prefer cold weather. The weather is not going to give 1 team an advantage over another team.

30. NEM

NEM Active Member

Thule , Greenland, or Reykjavik, Iceland is nice at this time of the year.

31. fearthefish

fearthefish Banned Hammered

come on people saying that snow and cold effects the Fins more than the Dolphins is just plain stupid. How many games have the Pats played in the snow this year... NONE. How many games have they played where the weather conditions were extreme... NONE. Snow certainly helps a running team but the temperature doesn't hurt or help either team. I live in Boston and will be at the game. Right now the forcast is improving... temps 32-37 with partial sunshine for Sunday (of course it will be dark by 4:30)

32. njfinfan

I don't know. Here's Dave's comments, which directly contradict what he said on his show Sunday.

(On much more confidence he has in the offense with the way they’ve played over the last five quarters) – “I think you constantly believe in your heart that until it translates onto the field, it’s more what you feel and what you’re saying as compared to what’s actually happening. Doing it the last week or two, it should reaffirm in everybody’s mind what we’re capable of doing. It’s not going to get any easier. We know that. This defense (New England), in its own way, is every bit as difficult as the defense we faced last week. We’re going to go up there and play in the elements. This part of the season takes on kind of a new life of its own, when the weather and the wind and all of those things become factors. We’re a confident team right now, but we have a lot of respect for these guys. We know that they’re a heck of a football team. We’re going to have to go up there and play as good as we played last week. We can’t go in and turn the ball over. You’ve got to make plays when there are plays to be had.)

33. massfinfan

massfinfan Well-Known Member

updated forcast now calls for sunny and 39 degrees with no precipitation. you just never know!

34. dolfan87

dolfan87 The Human Bullet

Damn, by the time the game hits, it might be 85 degrees, with about 90% humidity, and palm trees swaying in the wind.

;)

I think it will be fine weather wise, it's the actual game that scares the poop out of me.

35. DolfanISS

I've said it 3,000 times already. I live in New England and the weathermen will be predicting snow about as often as they predict T-Storms in South Florida. They will be wrong a lot more times than they will be right. That's just the way it is and always has been here. You don't know until you wake up that morning.

36. DaveTV

DaveTV Member

Dude that is the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard! :goof:
    And if you live in NE, what the frig u a DOLAFN for? Whats wrong witchoo?
    !
    Name your source. Check NOAA.GOV/NWS
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2003
  37. tylaw4president

tylaw4president Well-Known Member

First of all, here's the Foxboro forecast for Sunday, from the weather channel:
    Second, snow shouldn't be as much as a factor on the field as people are making it out to be. There is a state of the art heating system under the field that is supposed to prevent ice and snow from accumulating. Plus I don't think Ricky is going to have a better time running the ball this time around. The first game we were missing Teddy Washington, Teddy Johnson, Willie McGinest, Mike Vrabel and Ty Law. So I think the Pats will aim to stop Ricky, and take their chances with Fiedler and some poor (wind) conditions. Obviously the condtions will effect Brady and Co. too.

38. Tailgater

Tailgater Starter

Upated Sunday Forecast

Latest report on the local TV stations are calling for 10"-15" of snow on the ground for the Foxboro area by Sunday afternoon. When are the Fins flying up? If they fly into Providence or Boston, they can expect long delays and an exciting landing during a the next best thing to a blizzard:)

Game day, snow tapers off in the am, with snow showers in the afternoon with no additional accumulation expected. Windy conditions (up to 30mph) and temps around 28 by kickoff. That should bring the wind chill down to the zero mark.

Hmmm, maybe I should sell my tix? Nah, break out the snowmobile gear:) The snow is going to be the light variety (less water content), so it will be blowing around like crazy. Thank god for my firepit - gonna load that baby up and have a bonfire in Foxboro! I'll be toasted in more ways than one...as will the FIns...:) Couldn't leave that line out there, lol!

39. Section126

Section126 FinHeaven VIP

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 mph winds!!!!!!!!!!

I NEW GOD WAS A FINS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. Predaphin

Predaphin Predator in the Water

I hope Ricky Williams wears that Ski-Mask!! It looks awsome..I hope we wear our white Jerseys with white Pants, itd be harder to to see our players...this is great news for us....we're the ones with the Running game!!!