Merged: Upated Sunday Forecast /John Deere/Forecast for Sunday at Foxboro | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Upated Sunday Forecast /John Deere/Forecast for Sunday at Foxboro

come on people saying that snow and cold effects the Fins more than the Dolphins is just plain stupid. How many games have the Pats played in the snow this year... NONE. How many games have they played where the weather conditions were extreme... NONE. Snow certainly helps a running team but the temperature doesn't hurt or help either team. I live in Boston and will be at the game. Right now the forcast is improving... temps 32-37 with partial sunshine for Sunday (of course it will be dark by 4:30)

I don't know. Here's Dave's comments, which directly contradict what he said on his show Sunday.

(On much more confidence he has in the offense with the way they’ve played over the last five quarters) – “I think you constantly believe in your heart that until it translates onto the field, it’s more what you feel and what you’re saying as compared to what’s actually happening. Doing it the last week or two, it should reaffirm in everybody’s mind what we’re capable of doing. It’s not going to get any easier. We know that. This defense (New England), in its own way, is every bit as difficult as the defense we faced last week. We’re going to go up there and play in the elements. This part of the season takes on kind of a new life of its own, when the weather and the wind and all of those things become factors. We’re a confident team right now, but we have a lot of respect for these guys. We know that they’re a heck of a football team. We’re going to have to go up there and play as good as we played last week. We can’t go in and turn the ball over. You’ve got to make plays when there are plays to be had.)

updated forcast now calls for sunny and 39 degrees with no precipitation. you just never know!

Originally posted by massfinfan
updated forcast now calls for sunny and 39 degrees with no precipitation. you just never know!

Damn, by the time the game hits, it might be 85 degrees, with about 90% humidity, and palm trees swaying in the wind.

;)

I think it will be fine weather wise, it's the actual game that scares the poop out of me.

I've said it 3,000 times already. I live in New England and the weathermen will be predicting snow about as often as they predict T-Storms in South Florida. They will be wrong a lot more times than they will be right. That's just the way it is and always has been here. You don't know until you wake up that morning.

Originally posted by F150&Dolfan
I've said it 3,000 times already. I live in New England and the weathermen will be predicting snow about as often as they predict T-Storms in South Florida.
Dude that is the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard! :goof:
And if you live in NE, what the frig u a DOLAFN for? Whats wrong witchoo?
!
updated forcast now calls for sunny and 39 degrees with no precipitation. you just never know
Name your source. Check NOAA.GOV/NWS
clear.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, here's the Foxboro forecast for Sunday, from the weather channel:
Sunday: Cloudy with snow, windy at times. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the upper teens.

Second, snow shouldn't be as much as a factor on the field as people are making it out to be. There is a state of the art heating system under the field that is supposed to prevent ice and snow from accumulating. Plus I don't think Ricky is going to have a better time running the ball this time around. The first game we were missing Teddy Washington, Teddy Johnson, Willie McGinest, Mike Vrabel and Ty Law. So I think the Pats will aim to stop Ricky, and take their chances with Fiedler and some poor (wind) conditions. Obviously the condtions will effect Brady and Co. too.

Upated Sunday Forecast

Latest report on the local TV stations are calling for 10"-15" of snow on the ground for the Foxboro area by Sunday afternoon. When are the Fins flying up? If they fly into Providence or Boston, they can expect long delays and an exciting landing during a the next best thing to a blizzard:)

Game day, snow tapers off in the am, with snow showers in the afternoon with no additional accumulation expected. Windy conditions (up to 30mph) and temps around 28 by kickoff. That should bring the wind chill down to the zero mark.

Hmmm, maybe I should sell my tix? Nah, break out the snowmobile gear:) The snow is going to be the light variety (less water content), so it will be blowing around like crazy. Thank god for my firepit - gonna load that baby up and have a bonfire in Foxboro! I'll be toasted in more ways than one...as will the FIns...:) Couldn't leave that line out there, lol!

I hope Ricky Williams wears that Ski-Mask!! It looks awsome..I hope we wear our white Jerseys with white Pants, itd be harder to to see our players...this is great news for us....we're the ones with the Running game!!!

I didn't see that when I checked wunderground.com half an hour ago. It said breezy and partly cloudy on Sunday.

My bad?!

Originally posted by njfinfan
I didn't see that when I checked wunderground.com half an hour ago. It said breezy and partly cloudy on Sunday.

How could it change drastically in half an hour? Weird.

What worries me is Mare kicking in that wind. Dave always makes excuses for him about the wind when he misses.

This will be a field position game no doubt. This is the kind of game where the team still punts even if they're at their opponent's 30.

Back
Top Bottom