Merged: Vince Young | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Vince Young

fishypete said:
I've been saying it from the start....he's the best QB....and possibly player in college football....he should have gotten the heisman....take away the two great games Bush had...and he's just a good player....but Young has been playing like that all season.

Show Vince the money!!;)

Well, Vince Young managed to achieve less then half of what Leinart has in his career.

The second Vince Young has to operate under center, read a defense, make a read and throw to a covered reciever he's done.

Vince is a dominant college PLAYER...I'll give him that.

If I want a QUARTERBACK I'll take Leinart 100 times out of 100.

BTW Pete...you were the same guy calling Ronnie a bust and Saban overrated earlier in the year so you'll excuse me if I disagree with you.

PHINSfan said:
In all my years of watching college football i dont recall a better individual outing. To night he was simply a mazing. And not only the stats..but the calm way he approached the huddle during the last drive...like he knew he was not going to be denied.

Too bad we wont be able to move up to get him. He would look great along side Ricky and Ronny

we already have enough problems splitting carries between ricky and ronnie so no

060693 said:
I am not denying his athleticism; I said he was a freak of nature, what more do you want me to say. But in the NFL they have premium players crem de la crem at every position, and USC can not claim that this year on defense. Sorry, anyone that would draft vince young in the first round go ahead, but I garuntee you that Rany Mueller saw the same gaps in his game. HE ran the entire offense out of shotgun position, and if the pass was not there on the first read he ran right, he did not do this on one play or several plays, he did it the whole game. THe DE's in the NFL are to fast and the Weakside linebackers are too quick, you think he can do that against Carolina, or the Bears, or the Steelers and the Patriots, or the Giants. That is who he will be playing against not USC.

So your saying USC has a slow mediocre defense?

Also, a man who has the pressure of the nation build up over several weeks on his shoulders and then goes out and gives one of the greatest performances in collegial history definitely will have the swagger to play in the NFL. He won't pull an Alex Smith his first year, he'll walk the walk and talk the talk.

well....i dont recall an individual performance like Young had tonight...kind of hard not jumping on his band wagon.

The media has to go who the most flashy player of the game. Bush was kept preaty much quiet all game, and it was Young who was doing the running. I dont blame them.

Bush is interviewing on ESPN right now, but it's Young's night..they have to give him the spotlight for now.

unifiedtheory said:
The next 4 months will be Vince Young, Vince Young and more Vince Young.

May god have mercy on our souls.

Ya I hear that. First Cutler, now Young, idk who else will be next......

Why does everyone think this is such a stretch?

Everyone says Leinhart is a winner and a champion and blah blah blah. But correct me if I am wrong but Young has only lost 2 games and he won the head to head matchup.

447 total yards in the biggest game of his life. Performed great in his bowl game last year.

Think about this too. I said this in another post but if Linehan goes to the Texans he likes the big mobile QB like Young. Leinhart isnt athletic enough and doesnt have a strong enough arm for Linehans liking IMO. He would prefer Young.

Also if Young runs a 4.4 at his workout I think he looks down the first QB taken.

PHINSfan said:
well....i dont recall an individual performance like Young had tonight...kind of hard not jumping on his band wagon.

Yeah that whole 500+ yds. from Reggie Bush by himself is completely nothing now....

dlockz said:
When you talk about talent, size, arm and intangibles Young is what Vick aspires to be. 30 of 40 267 yards passing and 200 yards rushing. Some please tell me how he would not be an improvement over Gussy. Clearly the best player on the field tonight with two heisman trophy winner's facing him. Only problem is he may go top 3 after this performance. If he comes out and has a good combine which I have no doubt he will, there is little that can truly be said bad about him. For those that think he just a running QB he did throw 40 passes and completed 75%.

also someone tell Matt Leinhart when you lose the game you are no longer the champions okay lol.
Dont think the Fins will ever get the chance to get him. As for Leinhart, I lost a little respect for him. Im sure he was upset after the loss, but you got beat. The line of "I still think we have the better team." was pretty lame.:shakeno: Give the Horns their props and leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom