Merged: Vince Young | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Vince Young

Vince made it sound like he's staying in school, he was asked if he would return for the heismen and he said "we'll" be back!!

EDIT: Now he's saying he will have to dicuss it with his family, whats best for him, his family and his future.

LenDale White was a horse for USC, but Matt Leinart was pretty good all game but Young had a night. I think that all the hype about the defense being pissed off and wanting to show up the offenses was totally weak, it was a night for terrible coaching but great individual performances, except for Pino.

Come draft day everybody will get a hard on over Reggie Bush. Its only because of this game has that calmed down. Mark it down, Bush #1 overall. Then it will be a free for all for the qb's.

unifiedtheory said:
Well, Vince Young managed to achieve less then half of what Leinart has in his career.

The second Vince Young has to operate under center, read a defense, make a read and throw to a covered reciever he's done.

Vince is a dominant college PLAYER...I'll give him that.

If I want a QUARTERBACK I'll take Leinart 100 times out of 100.

BTW Pete...you were the same guy calling Ronnie a bust and Saban overrated earlier in the year so you'll excuse me if I disagree with you.

First...I don't remember saying that Brown was a bust....and until Saban wins more than 9 games....I'll temper my joy.

30 out of 40 is what completion%? If you think he can't read a defense...what game were you watching? Even the commentators noticed he was watching the defenders....when they gave him the lane....he took it. When the pass was there....he made it.

Pressure of a nation, I think you are exagerating

And USC did not have a high ranked offense this year they gave a ton of points this year did you see the Arizona State game, or did you miss them against Fresno state. Seriously, don't judge drafting from the first round on one game, you need to extropolate the style of play and how it translates to the NFL, you remember Andre Ware. I mean what do you think that because he does this in the Rose Bowl that now he can do this on Sundays in the fall. IF it where that easy, most college recruits would be playing in the league. On a side note I was very impressed with Huff and white from USC (remonded me of Stepen Davis / Lamont Jordan)

All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

PhinsPhan said:
Why does everyone think this is such a stretch?

Everyone says Leinhart is a winner and a champion and blah blah blah. But correct me if I am wrong but Young has only lost 2 games and he won the head to head matchup.

447 total yards in the biggest game of his life. Performed great in his bowl game last year.

Think about this too. I said this in another post but if Linehan goes to the Texans he likes the big mobile QB like Young. Leinhart isnt athletic enough and doesnt have a strong enough arm for Linehans liking IMO. He would prefer Young.

Also if Young runs a 4.4 at his workout I think he looks down the first QB taken.

Leinart has more wins, more National Championships and a Heisman.

With all the Vince Young deifying going on around here people seem to overlook the fact that Vince Young has accompolished less the half of what Matt Leinart has...

I hope someone takes him #1...that just means the more talented, NFL ready players all drop one spot and we get a better player when we pick.

i think he will declare now though, he totally dominated the game and has nothing left to prove. he is on espn now and said that he will talk to his family. i really hope he declares so that gives us a better shot at getting our franchise QB, with the more QBs in the draft

060693 said:
Dude I was never sold on ALex Smith for the very same reason. Alex Smith was part of a weak QB draft, San Fran filled the position out of need and definelty did not take the best player available. I think Leinarts learning curve is smaller than Youngs just because he has played a pro style for 3 years, and by the way Matt had himself a pretty damn good game today against a very fast pro style texas defense also.

I agree with you on Leinhart being more pro ready. But I still don't see how Young can't play in the NFL.

Also I thought Alex Smith might be a bust, I too was never sold on him. It will be interesting to see how he responds next year.

kastofsna120 said:
texas. so what? leinart proved more in this game than young

Kastofsna I stand behind you as Leinart being the better QB and having the better arm but I think Young proved more tonight then Leinart. That doesn't mean Young deserves to be drafted higher then Leinart and that doesn't mean Young is the better QB. If that last pass was off 80 percent of the people on here would be saying that Leinart is still the better QB.

Marino2234 said:
i think he will declare now though, he totally dominated the game and has nothing left to prove. he is on espn now and said that he will talk to his family. i really hope he declares so that gives us a better shot at getting our franchise QB, with the more QBs in the draft

Ya hopefully a qb by the name of Leinart drops down to us ;)

060693 said:
And USC did not have a high ranked offense this year they gave a ton of points this year did you see the Arizona State game, or did you miss them against Fresno state. Seriously, don't judge drafting from the first round on one game, you need to extropolate the style of play and how it translates to the NFL, you remember Andre Ware. I mean what do you think that because he does this in the Rose Bowl that now he can do this on Sundays in the fall. IF it where that easy, most college recruits would be playing in the league. On a side note I was very impressed with Huff and white from USC (remonded me of Stepen Davis / Lamont Jordan)

Andre ware was a putz....compared to Young. When former NFL players like Ronnie Lott...say's, Vince Young is the best QB he's ever seen...I take that seriously.

Back
Top Bottom