Merged: Wayne Huizenga visits Reliant Stadium in Houston/Practice Bubble | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Wayne Huizenga visits Reliant Stadium in Houston/Practice Bubble

TXFinFan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wayne Huizenga visits Reliant Stadium in Houston

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3576663.html

Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga came to Houston on Monday to see the Texans' practice bubble at Reliant Park.

The Dolphins are going to build a practice bubble, and the Texans' bubble is regarded as a state-of-the-art facility.

Interesting news. I'm sure the Dolphins players will love that!

Hope Saban doesn't spoil them and let them run it with AC during the summer.

You know Saban will only use that for inclement weather. He's about the working blue-collar mentality.

Yea..we gotta stay used to playing in those hot weather conditions. Other teams can't really handle it too well in September down here. I hope they put those "sunroof" style walls up in Dolphin Stadium, though.. Retractable stadium?

I all for a retractable roof on Dolphins Stadium to be used when the weather is really miserable (i.e., rain storm) because the Fins haven't had much success when it's pouring (as against the Steelers some years ago at home).

You kidding me? The way the NFL screws them, he better blast the AC so they can be ready to play the last game of the season in NE AGAIN!!!!

Dolfan5000 said:
You know Saban will only use that for inclement weather. He's about the working blue-collar mentality.

Yeah, I think its rainy weather issues mostly, not so much heat,....Lightning, etc. I dont know, but hope its Hurricane rated.

I think the team should practice in all conditions to be ready, but if its raining for several days in a row, it would be nice to have the option to go inside for dry conditiions as well.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Yeah, I think its rainy weather issues mostly, not so much heat,....Lightning, etc. I dont know, but hope its Hurricane rated.

I think the team should practice in all conditions to be ready, but if its raining for several days in a row, it would be nice to have the option to go inside for dry conditiions as well.

well said..i agree, it would be much used on rainy days

What if he was there to talk to Dom Capers also and negotiate a contract with him?

Give ya something to think about there. A nice dual purpose visit.

Can someone explain to me exactly what the practice bubble is? Is it just an enclosed practice field to use when the conditions outside aren't practicable in??

He should buy a big property in upstate NY and turn part of it into a field to practice on for those road games in Nov/Dec. and stuff!

I'm not worried about us losing our edge in warm weather games. We'll always have that. But to be able to fly up a few days before a game in NY, Buffalo, or NE and spend a few days throwing the ball around in the cold would help greatly.

Sounds interesting. I havnt heard of these bubbles b4 today.Hope Wayne can sneak Capers and Carr out with him when hes on his way back to Miami.!!! ;-)

Dredd1050 said:
You kidding me? The way the NFL screws them, he better blast the AC so they can be ready to play the last game of the season in NE AGAIN!!!!

Do that in the winter time. Turn AC down to 40 and practice in it exclusively, in shorts and shells.

Back
Top Bottom