Merged: Where the F is our pass rush? / Pass Rush Non-Existent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Where the F is our pass rush? / Pass Rush Non-Existent

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
Where the F is our pass rush?

We have given up huge passing games two weeks in a row. I see the problem is that we are not getting any pressure on the QB, we had one sack today and the only other time we got pressure Vinny threw a pick. No surprise there.

I am really worried about this defense. It was supposed to be the strength of the team and I see our Pro Bowl secondary and Line playing horrible in the passing game.

Next week We have Bledsoe. I'm scared.

Pass Rush Non-Existent!

I am thrilled with the win, but seriously, the Jets O-Line is a work in progress, and they have an old immobile quarterback, and still we only get like 2 sacks or whatever, if that.

Testacrappy had ALL DAY on most of his passes. This will not cut it with Bledsoe coming into town. I think our D-Line is looking AWFUL against the pass, hardly no penetration.

Is this part of the zone too?:mad:

I'm getting real nervous just thinking about next week. We need to be sacking, pressuring, and knocking down those QBs. It was just a couple of years ago our guys were giving broken jaws to QBs, what's up?

Bledsoe does not get rid of the ball too fast. They picked it up today. Numbers wise not that much, but you could see what was going on was an improvement. Fabini had 2 holding calls on J.T.

Very True, i guess the defense has to get comfortable with everyone, remember we have many new members and still they need more games to be better.. they will be better when it coutsn down the road around december

It just seems like JT rushed and just kinda stops and sits there waiting to bat the ball down half the time. JUST GET AFTER THE ****ING QB!

No real pass rush for two weeks. That is a worry but what's up with the tackling. The Texans and the Jets get way too many YAC's because of missed tackles.

Well Fabini did have I think it was 3 holding penalties versus J.T. Those are almost as good as sacks to me.

Quick passing game negates just about any passrush unless you have turnstyles on your OL.

You want to know where our passrush was?

On 4th and Goal from the 3 yard line our passrush was leaping into the air right in Vinny's face about to put a serious hurt on him, causing Vinny to overthrew into the endzone missing Anthony Becht and giving us the ball.

On 3rd down the drive after Santana Moss scored a TD putting the Jets to within 2 scores...all Dolfans are saying to themselves "oh crap here we go again" because our offense wasn't scoring and Vinny was all the sudden finding receivers consistently enough to GET FIRST DOWNS and get into the endzone. Where was our passrush? Jay Williams and Jason Taylor combine for a sack and end ALL Jet aspirations for one of their trademark miracle comebacks. Thats where the passrush was.

Where was the passrush? Last I checked Jason Taylor was giving Jason Fabini so many fits that Fabini was getting called for holding TWICE, and illegal hands to the face once. Each of those three penalties are as good as sacks.

we need to be better NOW... Buffs not playing games and we will get burned & killed all nite with what we're doing.. I hope norv and wanny have a game plan out of this word next wk..

Just be patient and have confidence.

It will all come together and when it does it will be a pretty thing ;). Hopefully it all comes together ASAP though :D

On a sidenote..Go Carolina! ;)

Other than JT we don't have anybody on the base D that can get to the QB. And when they stop JT they stop the pass rush. He was being double and triple teamed all day!! The good thing about that is it takes some offenses options away.

Ogun can get there. He did have like 10 sacks last year.

JT just needs to step it up for Buff.

Rob Burnett had a good game he was in Vinny's face some, JT got held twice and drew a fands to face, He also hit Vinny twice that I saw that caused incompletions. Oguleye looked good too, esp. Reading that screen the jets like to throw. This was a good tune-up for Buffalo, a lot of down the field stuff, I am most worried about Sam Madison, yikes is he prone to give up some big gainers lately.

The pass rush was better this week than last week but overall it still sucked. We aren't getting to the QB fast enough. It is pretty simple.

ya, what was up with our secondary today? always seems like 'ol king suck could always find an open guy downfield, even when he had no run game to back him up. If they play like this against buffalo next week, im scared :cry:

Back
Top Bottom