MERGED: Would you buy a jersey from this guy? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Would you buy a jersey from this guy?

UltraDol-Fan said:
dude, there is no such thing as a "fake" jersey. It's a piece of clothing. It is exaclty what it is, a sweet a$$ Dolphins jersey.

What do you mean no such thing as a fake jersey? Like there's no such thin as fake Nikes? Yeah ok.. This 40th logo has clock hands on it. I don't trust the clock hand 40th jerseys.

Did any of you guys see that special on HBO about fake memorabilia? It was incredible. According to the reporter 90% of all merchandise sold (even with certificates of authenticity) are fakes. They had marino on picking out real and forged items.

That is still a nice jersey, it just sucks they lie about authenticity.

clear.gif

This is from miamidolphins.com it's replica but notice the patch, there is no reason the authentics REAL would use a different patch. The patch without clock hands. Ask yourself this "Why in the HELL would clock hands be on a patch that is legit?" I'd never ebay a jersey cause of suspect sellers and unknowing buyers giving those suspect sellers good feedback to make them look like honest guys.

I'd rather buy a replica. Even they are very expensive, but I'll never pay over 100.00 for a jersey. They arent that special to me anyway, not in my eyes

That jersey is not fake. Your comparing 2 different jerseys when your looking at the one of the NFL site. The one on the NFL site is the real authentic jersey that costs $250. The one that you bought is the new jerseys Reebok is making now where all the numbers and everything is stitched on but the material is different. They are meant to have the look of an authentic jersey with the stiched on numbers and also to be able to wear it comfortably. Its not as thick and heavy material like the authentic ones. I dont know if u have an authentic jersey but they arent comfortable to wear. The one u got retails for like $125. So is it fake....no. Did the guy lie to you about it being authentic and retailing for $250....yes.

Protocol said:
That jersey is not fake. Your comparing 2 different jerseys when your looking at the one of the NFL site. The one on the NFL site is the real authentic jersey that costs $250. The one that you bought is the new jerseys Reebok is making now where all the numbers and everything is stitched on but the material is different. They are meant to have the look of an authentic jersey with the stiched on numbers and also to be able to wear it comfortably. Its not as thick and heavy material like the authentic ones. I dont know if u have an authentic jersey but they arent comfortable to wear. The one u got retails for like $125. So is it fake....no. Did the guy lie to you about it being authentic and retailing for $250....yes.

Even REPLENTHIC, the ones you're talkin about (Not so new, been around since this season started) not only were they on Miami's official shop but they wouldn't have clock hands on the 40 patch.
I wish people knew their NFL apparel :fire:

AquaInferno said:
What do you mean no such thing as a fake jersey? Like there's no such thin as fake Nikes? Yeah ok.. This 40th logo has clock hands on it. I don't trust the clock hand 40th jerseys.

ok,ok. what I meant was...the only thing that makes a jersey "fake" is who makes it. It is still a nice jersey. To the normal person they are not going to analyze everything about it. I agree if it has clock hands on the logo it is lame. But I would have no problem buying a "fake" jersey if it looked identical or close to an "authentic" jersey.

Myself ... I just buy the replicas.

Marino (Aqua - old one from late 80's)
Marino (White - HOF)
Z. Thomas (Aqua)
Crowder (Aqua)
Chambers (Aqua)
BUMPUS (White - personalized)
:dolphins:

Zach Thomas, Lamar Smith, Dan The Man, Kareem Abdul-Jabaar :sidelol: (got it for 5 bucks)

All I have are replicas and one authentic

Zach(aqua, auth)
Zach(orange, rep)
JT(Aqua, rep)
Chris Chambers(aqua, rep)
David Boston(aqua, rep)
AJ Feeley(orange, rep)
Marino HOF Throwback
Marino Pitt Throwback
Ricky Williams(orange, rep)
Ronnie Brown(aqua, rep)
and my baby, MATT ROTH(white, rep)

Wishlist, Orange Chambers, Duper Throwback

i have a Dan Marino jersey, an authentic personalized jersey, a game worn Scott Peterson jersey and one of Trace Armstrongs practice jerseys, althought the numbers are starting to fall apart.

Back
Top Bottom