Merged x a bunch "Jeff Ireland is the worst GM in football" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x a bunch "Jeff Ireland is the worst GM in football"

Does Ross ditch Ireland or weather the storm?

• Ross will weather the storm and keep for the draft and beyond

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • Ireland will be a goner before the draft.

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Ireland on thin ice, if the dolphins are bad this year hell be gone next year.

Votes: 57 62.6%

• Total voters
Because Ross admitted to botching the coaching search.

If Ireland had advised Ross to fire Sparano before looking for another head coach and Ross didn't listen, then Jeff Ireland is a bigger loser than some people already believe he is.

what kind of logic is that? Ross is the boss after all, Ireland doesn't control his decisions. And that Harbaugh fiasco had Ross written all over it. It was very orange carpet esque

Don't blame the fans for te negativity. These players get paid millions as well as owners and coaches so don't tell us to dumb down the negativity. if there was something to cheer for there would be nothing to be negative about. let us be negative because whether we are positive or negative the dolphins are going to do what they want to do.

We were never the favorite in either. Considering Fisher had to put so much thought into it the Dolphins must have made an impression on him.

I personally think we had just as much a shot as anyone but thats me . I think he liked the St louis job better. I dont think Ireland is the worst gm in the league but seriously he is not among the best based on his work and results.

Stephen Ross is who needs to go but Ireland is the culprit

I would have no problem with a new owner, ross has promised much but deliverd nothing but three staright losing seasons and botched chases. Ireland is quite replaceable

what kind of logic is that? Ross is the boss after all, Ireland doesn't control his decisions. And that Harbaugh fiasco had Ross written all over it. It was very orange carpet esque
It doesn't matter if Ross is the boss or not. Stephen respects Jeff for his football knowledge and if Ireland gives him some advise on how to conduct business in the NFL, Ross should take it.

If the boss is not going to listen to the advise of those in the know, then those in the know should resign.

The problem is Ross doesn't know **** about football and Ireland is a scout. A scout that has no managerial and people skills

There are some things Ireland has done that I disagree with but he is handling the QB pursuit very well. It's very obvious some of you have an agenda and no matter what he does your incapable of evaluating a single incident instead relying on a biased opinion.
I have not one but several incidents. 1) He snuck behind Sparano, got on a plane to California with Ross to hire Jim Harbaugh, a fact that was so blatant that Sparano's wife who always sat with Ireland's wife in the sky boxes for years refused to sit with Ireland's family for the home games last season, electing instead to sit among the regular fans and on the team's sidelines. 2)He tried to low-ball Ryan Clark and came of as a real jerk. So much so that Ryan Clark got back on the plane and re-signed with Pittburgh the next day. Clark himself confirmed this. 3) When Zach Thomas was released before the 2008 season, Zach wanted to hold a pres conference to say goodbye to the Dolphin fans. Ireland directly told him he could no use the team's faciluty to do it. 4)Picking Mike Pouncey over Andy Dalton even after interviewing Dalton TWICE. 5)The infamous Dez Bryant interview that sent shockwaves around the league and spreaded to this years College seniors. in fact when Robert Griffin lll was asked if he got any weard questions during the Combines his response was "No I didn't get any Dez Bryant questions". I could dig up more stuff but i think we all get the point.

The problem is Ross doesn't know **** about football and Ireland is a scout. A scout that has no managerial and people skills
Most owner don't know anything about football so I don't see why you keep bring this up. That is why they hire people who do to make football decisions why they focus on other aspects of the organization.

I think Ross spent too much time with Jerry Jones during the lockout and thinks he needs to be the face of the team the same way Jones is with the Cowboys. I would prefer he didn't and let those who know do what he hired them to do.

Most owner don't know anything about football so I don't see why you keep bring this up. That is why they hire people who do to make football decisions why they focus on other aspects of the organization. I think Ross spent too much time with Jerry Jones during the lockout and thinks he needs to be the face of the team the same way Jones is with the Cowboys. I would prefer he didn't and let those who know do what he hired them to do.
Ok well maybe your right but I don't even think Ross knows how many points you get for a touchdown. Are u a Ross fan or something ? I'm talking about Stephen Ross not Rick ross

Ok well maybe your right but I don't even think Ross knows how many points you get for a touchdown. Are u a Ross fan or something ? I'm talking about Stephen Ross not Rick ross
It shouldn't matter if I'm a Ross fan or not. He has done some boneheaded things and has done some good things as well.

Until we start winning, Ross will never live down the Harbaugh incident. Ross also won't be given much credit for not giving Fisher final say on personnel decisions (as reported by the media) or for having a hand in stopping the Orton trade.

It shouldn't matter if I'm a Ross fan or not. He has done some boneheaded things and has done some good things as well.

Until we start winning, Ross will never live down the Harbaugh incident. Ross also won't be given much credit for not giving Fisher final say on personnel decisions (as reported by the media) or for having a hand in stopping the Orton trade.

iF ROSS HAD TO STOP OUR GM FROM MAKING A TRADE THEN APPARENTLY OUR GM IS NOT THAT GOOD

I have not one but several incidents. 1) He snuck behind Sparano, got on a plane to California with Ross to hire Jim Harbaugh, a fact that was so blatant that Sparano's wife who always sat with Ireland's wife in the sky boxes for years refused to sit with Ireland's family for the home games last season, electing instead to sit among the regular fans and on the team's sidelines. 2)He tried to low-ball Ryan Clark and came of as a real jerk. So much so that Ryan Clark got back on the plane and re-signed with Pittburgh the next day. Clark himself confirmed this. 3) When Zach Thomas was released before the 2008 season, Zach wanted to hold a pres conference to say goodbye to the Dolphin fans. Ireland directly told him he could no use the team's faciluty to do it. 4)Picking Mike Pouncey over Andy Dalton even after interviewing Dalton TWICE. 5)The infamous Dez Bryant interview that sent shockwaves around the league and spreaded to this years College seniors. in fact when Robert Griffin lll was asked if he got any weard questions during the Combines his response was "No I didn't get any Dez Bryant questions". I could dig up more stuff but i think we all get the point.

Again as Ireland bashers are quick to point out most of this is media dribble made up to suit their hate on Ireland.

iF ROSS HAD TO STOP OUR GM FROM MAKING A TRADE THEN APPARENTLY OUR GM IS NOT THAT GOOD

Right IF. As you like to say no one knows as the media throws it all out there.

The whole media trashed Ireland when the Dez Bryant things happened. the players use ireland to drive up their asking price too... see Ryan Clark, and even harbaugh.... players hate him too.... look at tweets by former players... ireland is not liked

Back
Top Bottom