Merged X10,001^2: Raiders to waive DeAngelo Hall/Signs with Redskins | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X10,001^2: Raiders to waive DeAngelo Hall/Signs with Redskins

If they release Huff the NFL should step in and just put a freeze on all their player movements. Either way those people saying they'd rather have Ty Law than Hall are crazy. If Hall can come here for something reasonable (i.e. half as much as what he got to go to Oakland), you gotta take him. He isn't as good as he is hyped, but dude is still good.

He has been burned a lot this year. He was the #2 in Oakland and never had so many balls thrown his way. He is a speedy CB that makes plays, but the problem is that he is so aggressive that he gives up big plays to often during the game. He has ego issues like most do at that level. When he makes a mistake he either gives too much room off the line or trys to jump the WR's first move and gets beat deep. He is a little bit head strong and needed this to happen.

Bad teams can ruin players, no matter how much talent they have. The ones that work through it have thick skin and strong character. Otherwise they just seem to simply put...suck most of the time. However, a fresh start can help players like Hall get back to being a solid playmaker.

It would be a good price tag for most teams to claim him at 16 mil guaranteed. I would have thought 2 games ago that Miami would be a good spot for him. Bill Parcells has bestowed control and focus with this team right now. He has hired the right guys and as a group they have made some really good calls up to this point. But after last game, you must confess that if the coaches can gameplan like they did vs. the pony's they have enough talent to hide weak spots on critical downs. They played their great defense in pretty much all the key plays last game.

So, if they bring in Hall now...

That could really mess up things for Miami this year and next. It is a very large risk at this point in time. Miami has built a solid foundation of players to build towards next season. Hall could cause havok, even if he was cut 3 weeks after we sign him. Simply not worth the risk at this time...

He will not make it through waviers and will sign with a good team that is in need of a #1-3 CB right now. I think he will play much better with the new team, if his head is in the game and not all about him. He has enough talent to play smart and team oriented and still make big plays for team each game. But getting him to give up some of the me...me...me, is harder than most would think.

Miami will ride out the season with our DB's for the most part. No big name pick-ups, but next off season they will secure a strong player for #2-3 CB position in the draft. There will be no big free agent CB's not getting resigned, tagged or traded for fair market value. But the draft will have plenty to choose from...even with Miami ending in the 15th - 32nd pick!

Also...I am a Hall fan and a HUGE VT fan. Live in the Bburg area! That says a lot when I am not for the signing of him right now, even at the current price tag of 16 mil.

Raiders To Realease Deangelo Hall

A few weeks ago this would've looked like a nice pick up for Miami with the way our secondary was playing. But these pass two weeks they've been playing great. Even though what would you guys think about Miami picking him up and his 7 year contract for $70 mil.

we can afford it, but parcells says no.
a selvish player like that never deserves a contract so large...
unless that money is comming from Al Davis' old nasty, wrinkly hands

no way, not off waivers, let somone else waste that money
if he clears waivers, we can offer him 5 mil a year for 2-3 years and i'd be okay with that

Raiders to release Hall, upgrade at corner for the Dolphins?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3683124

Would Hall help the Dolphins this season and into the future? Will Bill Parcells sign him? The Raiders are about to release him and he will make a difference on this team. He does peak into the backfield too much, but he does make a lot of game changing plays and would make a great starting combo with Will Allen. This way the Dolphins wouldnt have to draft a corner in the first round next year. He is definitely worth a look and he is still young.

I'll go ahead and end this convo....YOU DO NOT WANT HIM...We sat and waited for 4 years for him to develop and be "the greatest"...never happened....He garnered the greatest hype in the NFL s much that it covered up his horrible play. All the while we waited he got a pick here and there while raising hell like pacman jones on the field...nothing but personal fouls and smack talk..... He is garbage take it from my experience with the falcons....if you get him you will get Joey Porter attitude - the skill and way bigger mouth....

Deangelo Hall rumored to being released!!! who cares we dont want HIM!!!!!

we gotta keep the plan in tact... continue getting younger by drafting... i rather get a cheaper alternative by signing LAW .... i wouldnt be opposed to that... so please b4 they even start ... dont do it we dont need HALL!

Great post.

Dude, you coulda at least looked down the forum. There are already thousands of posts just like this.

Back
Top Bottom