Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate... | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

sorry to inform you but completion percentage and games over 300 yards isn't quite as important as you think it is. what is more important is scoring and not turning the ball over. of which sanchez has a clear advantage over henne at this point in the season. btw...the times henne has gone over 300 yds he threw the ball 40 to 50 times. the jets don't ever have to drop back 40 or 50 times. and personally i'm glad. the fact of the matter is that right now....sanchez is leading a much much more productive offense than henne is. now i'm not saying that sanchez has been putting the offens eon his back and willing them to scores. but he ha sbeen part of the solution and not part of a problem. henne has been part of a problem thus far. because as of now....the dolphins offense has been crap and henne has some blame to take there.

If the Jets were actually trailing in games, something they haven't done for much of, had garbage time where teams give you the easy completions to pad the QBs stats, it might help Sanchezs numbers.

If anyone cared, completion % might be important.

As you say Henne is leading the ineptitude that is the Miami offense. Fin fans response to last seasons collapse is Brown going down. Well this season Henne has had Brown and Williams along with a top WR added to his compliment of weapons. Hardly has helped, the O is not getting it done.

It's not Sanchez's fault his team isn't bad enough to always have the opportunity to make late game comebacks due to always being behind...

I'm not saying Henne is bad or Sanchez is MVP Worthy. However, if you have any knowledge of the game, all you have to do is watch them play to realize who is performing better at this point in their careers.

Did you see Sanchez score that 4th quarter TD on 3rd down on the road against San Diego in the playoffs?

What about help march down the field late and score against two good defenses in Miami and Minnesota this year?

Have the greatest rookie passer rating in Playoff history by a very wide margin?

Sanchez is 23, Henne is 26...and at this point in their careers even after Jets fans take off their Green Goggles, and Dolphins fans take off their Aqua and Orange ones......you can't honestly justify Henne being the better QB.

They are both good and I am looking forward to their battles for the next decade, but it's laughable to see you Dolphins fans try and justify Henne being a better QB RIGHT NOW.
hes had his chances and has failed. last year vs miami 2nd game- fail, falcons game- fail, colts playoff game-fail, ravens game this year- fail. all 4 of those games he had the chance to bring his team back and failed.

look, im not saying he is awful, but he hasn't shown me enough yet to think the world of him.

hes had his chances and has failed. last year vs miami 2nd game- fail, falcons game- fail, colts playoff game-fail, ravens game this year- fail. all 4 of those games he had the chance to bring his team back and failed.

look, im not saying he is awful, but he hasn't shown me enough yet to think the world of him.

So what you're saying is that it's the QB fault that their team doesn't make a comeback?

Even in games where it wasn't his fault, like Atlanta game, where Atlanta trailed all game, came back with a late score and Feeley missed on 3 relatively short fgs? Or the Colts, where he had his team winning on the road in the 3rd?

Reading stat sheets, or through fin colored glasses makes this hard for for most here. Fact is, with a lot less experience Sanchez is a winning QB. Henne isn't. Nothing changes that.

Does anyone really need an article in ESPN to recognize who'd played better? Really?

So what you're saying is that it's the QB fault that their team doesn't make a comeback?

Even in games where it wasn't his fault, like Atlanta game, where Atlanta trailed all game, came back with a late score and Feeley missed on 3 relatively short fgs? Or the Colts, where he had his team winning on the road in the 3rd?

Reading stat sheets, or through fin colored glasses makes this hard for for most here. Fact is, with a lot less experience Sanchez is a winning QB. Henne isn't. Nothing changes that.

Does anyone really need an article in ESPN to recognize who'd played better? Really?
i was just correcting him on his statement. he said that its not sanchez's fault that he does not get the chance to lead his team on a gw drive bc hes never in that position.

i was just bringing up hes been in those positions before and that he has failed. even worse, vs Miami on 4th down last year last play of the game he throws the ball out in the back of the end-zone. good awareness and letting ur players have a chance to make a play.

Again, just because he trailed at the end doesn't mean he failed because they Jets didn't come back and win.

In the Jets/fin game at the Meadowlands, he threw to high over the receivers head. He didn't throw it away. And really, you want to point to that game as proof of Henne being better than Sanchez? Henne and the fish didn't net 100 yards total in that game. While Sanchez threw for 265 and 2 tds.

Shows how little the comeback excuse is in rating the 2. Again, anyone who has watched both would say that Sanchez has played better. The rest is nonsense.

To all the peoe saying that Sanchez hasn't led the Jets back late in the game: did it ever occur to you that the reason he hasn't had to do that is because he put his team in the position to win earlier in the game?

Really, hmmm so did you watch the Jets game? Did you see the Langford ball that Sanchez threw right to him that should have won the game, or the other int Jason allen should have had? The Jets didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. Also Henne has not cost us a game this year, Sanchez has cost the jets a game this year.

lol the ignorance on the board of late is at a new high. What game did sanchez cost the Jets? (only 1 loss this season) The Ravens are a great team. Sanchez didn't throw any picks. so how exactly did he cost the Jets their one loss? Please enlighten us all.

Anyone find it telling that this is a fins message board and almost every thread deals with the Jets?

It really is noticeable from a glance.

i was just correcting him on his statement. he said that its not sanchez's fault that he does not get the chance to lead his team on a gw drive bc hes never in that position.

i was just bringing up hes been in those positions before and that he has failed. even worse, vs Miami on 4th down last year last play of the game he throws the ball out in the back of the end-zone. good awareness and letting ur players have a chance to make a play.

lol....you're talking about the beginning of last year. we're talking about this year. last year sanchez was a rookie with 16 college games under his belt. he's much better this year. this is about progression. the present called......and it says the past is over with.

Jet Offensive;1063620060[B said:
]lol....you're talking about the beginning of last year. we're talking about this year. last year sanchez was a rookie with 16 college games under his belt. he's much better this year. this is about progression. the present called......and it says the past is over with[/B].
first of all he never stated he was mentioning this year specifically. also, i do think those are valid points because u guys said sanchez ''NEVER''has been in positions to bring his team back late because he never has to so i brought that up. also, the ravens game was this year, and say what u want, but i think its kind of pathetic how he couldnt bring his team down the field once in the game, and when the jets got the ball on the last drive they only needed a ****in field goal to win it, and yet couldnt get them into fg territory.

bottom line, sanchez has been alrite this year, until i see him in games where he has to carry the team on his back late in a game[ which will happen at some point] and he does it, i wont be convinced hes reached the next level.

first of all he never stated he was mentioning this year specifically. also, i do think those are valid points because u guys said sanchez ''NEVER''has been in positions to bring his team back late because he never has to so i brought that up. also, the ravens game was this year, and say what u want, but i think its kind of pathetic how he couldnt bring his team down the field once in the game, and when the jets got the ball on the last drive they only needed a ****in field goal to win it, and yet couldnt get them into fg territory.

bottom line, sanchez has been alrite this year, until i see him in games where he has to carry the team on his back late in a game[ which will happen at some point] and he does it, i wont be convinced hes reached the next level.

1st of all, its a meaningless stat. Its one you pull when you're desperate and need anything to try and win your argument. Like pointing to completion percentages and hanging an argument on that relatively meaningless stat. He's had a couple of chances to pull off a win and hasn't been able to. Big deal, especially in light of your rewrites of history. Falcon game the D let up a late score to lose. Both fin loses the D fell short or ST's gave the game away. Also, it's a different case when you go behind with 4 min and need to score than when you fall behind with 12. Not every loss is a game that the QB could have won. Not hard to grasp.

And for all the nonsense about the Ravens game, as poorly as the Jets played they led most of the way and only gave up the lead with a horrible ruffing the kicker call and a equally horrible pass interference call. Plus is it his fault Keller goes out early? Keller continues for a 1st down who knows? Still if not for those 2 calls the Jets are 5-0 and you don't have a thing to complain about, other than the Jets are still better than the fish. But the calls happen, we move on.

Bottom line, Sanchez leads a O that is 2nd in the NFL in scoring, is 1st in margin of victory, and is 4-1 and at worst is one of the 3 best teams in the NFL.

And more to the point, by anyone's standards, Sanchez is the better QB right now when compared to Henne. With less experience.

I know, hard for a fish fan to admit. But true. Your argument has to be more solid than "I don't care, I hate the Jets"

Sanchez's QB rating is like 5 points better than Henne's, and his avg yards per pass and completion pct are much lower. He isn't being put in the same situations as Henne where he must force passes, and therefore doesn't have the INT's he's had last year. I think we'll see the real Sanchez before the next few games are over. If Ricky and Ronnie can start running the ball, and we can get play action going, Henne's stats will be up as well. I currently see no seperation.

The biggest thing for me with Sanchez is that completion pct. 55% isn't even close to acceptable.

Sanchez has played better than Henne this year.

I don't think that means he is "separating" himself from Sanchez, but he is definitely off to the better start.

Back
Top Bottom