Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate... | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

I really don't get why people are so down on Henne. He had one bad game this year, and still manages to be between 10 and 17 in all the major QB rankings, above supposed "franchise" qb's like Eli Manning and Joe Flacco.

Sanchez completed less than 50% of his passes againt the Vikings and only average 4.3 yards per attempt with ZERO TDs.

Nealry every time a QB plays that bad in this league that team loses. The Jets running game and Brett Favre bailed out Sanchez and his "good" performance.

Sanchez completed less than 50% of his passes againt the Vikings and only average 4.3 yards per attempt with ZERO TDs.

Nealry every time a QB plays that bad in this league that team loses. The Jets running game and Brett Favre bailed out Sanchez and his "good" performance.

LOL

His receivers also dropped at least 6 passes. Most of which were at least 10+ yards down field.

And on the 2nd to last offensive drive he moved the chains leading to the go ahead touchdown.

You cant light it up statistically every time, sometimes you have to do just enough to win. And he did.

Trollicious

Sanchez is NOT far behind Henne in my books - he is surrounded by a different situation and I did however watch two games where he could have had 5 INTs - I also expect the same 50% completion rate for years to come... I expect more of Henne not of Mark

LOL

His receivers also dropped at least 6 passes. Most of which were at least 10+ yards down field.

And on the 2nd to last offensive drive he moved the chains leading to the go ahead touchdown.

You cant light it up statistically every time, sometimes you have to do just enough to win. And he did.

The Vikings had geared to stop the running game that last drive. Nearly every QB in the league would have completed those same passes. I watched the game, Sanchez was very unimpressive.

He does just enough a lot. His good team is protecting him right now. I will admit his decision making is much better from last year (apparent from having no turnovers this year), but he has missed many passes that great QBs do not. He is doing very well, but no where near as well as Tim Graham is making it sound.

lol the ignorance on the board of late is at a new high. What game did sanchez cost the Jets? (only 1 loss this season) The Ravens are a great team. Sanchez didn't throw any picks. so how exactly did he cost the Jets their one loss? Please enlighten us all.
What a stupid post. He goes 10-21 74 yards and you want us to tell you why he played bad. You can't at least concede that he played poorly that game. Give me a frickin break.

I agree, Graham's analysis is giving him more credit than deserved.

Bottom line though, he has played very well so far, and has showed tons of promise.

Sanchez has played very well...8 TDs 0 INTs, but I have seen some of the worst passes of all time dropped by DBs vs him. He could EASILY have 4 INTs at this point and 2 of em were in the Minny game alone. The completion percentage is garbage too. 55% isn't gonna cut it for the whole season I'll tell you that. I still like Henne over Sanchez...I dont care what the stats say.

He has thrown some downright ugly balls so 0 INTs doesn't tell the whole story, and with his 55% completion rating he's not beating anyone, sorry.

Sanchez separating himself from Henne

No reason to hate, Sanchez has outplayed Henne thus far.

It is what it is.

I really don't get why people are so down on Henne. He had one bad game this year, and still manages to be between 10 and 17 in all the major QB rankings, above supposed "franchise" qb's like Eli Manning and Joe Flacco.

The roll that started this thread isn't down on Henne, he just has a man crush on Sanchez.

All that and he wasn't the reason they lost, should still have won the game. Still, if you want to blame him for the loss, that's one. Now give him the 4 wins and move on, he's playing better than Henne ever has. And I'd bet anything that whoever runs the fins would trade Henne for Sanchez in a second. Done and over with.

The roll that started this thread isn't down on Henne, he just has a man crush on Sanchez.

I'm talking about dolphins fans in general. I don't get how so many can't see that he's played pretty decent so far.

All that and he wasn't the reason they lost, should still have won the game. Still, if you want to blame him for the loss, that's one. Now give him the 4 wins and move on, he's playing better than Henne ever has. And I'd bet anything that whoever runs the fins would trade Henne for Sanchez in a second. Done and over with.
it is way to early to say that.

again, has henne proven enough yet in this league? absolutely not. however, there have been many times where chad henne had to lead the fins back on his own with no help from anyone, with a bunch of avg wide-outs, and no real run game, and yet hes showed he can.

the jets game last year, in only his 2nd career start, although it was only one of two excellent games he played that year, the way he just looked to be in total control of that game against a defense who hadnt given up anything the whole year before that showed me something about him.

the pats game last year henne was asked to throw 52 times and win the game for us. he had no run game, and again his number 1 wide-out was Bess, whom i think is really good, but hes not a number 1.

the thing is, Sanchez has yet to show he can take over a game by himself when he needs to. i have yet to see mark Sanchez be in total control of a game. until i see him perform under those circumstances, how can you say that he is clearly better?

this season is very young and anything can happen from now up until jan 2nd the season finale. lets see whos team is in better position come the last week of the year and who has the better numbers. obviously the team part is a lot more important though, but if the jets were to finish like 11-5 and Sanchez would only throw for 2850 yds and 16 tds and 7 ints and a 55% completion pct and a 79 qb rating, not saying he will, but that would show that it wasn't because of him, so his numbers will matter also to determine how hes progressed.

Back
Top Bottom