((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sundance Kid, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Sundance Kid

Sundance Kid Starter

In only 2 Years.....and some Fans on here said he was JUST a College Coach......:confused:

NOW He would have only FIRED Tony First...........It is what it is....

2. DzakkH13

DzakkH13 Winning is a Habit Donator

Harbaugh is a great coach, but this fact would still remain:

SF Talent >>>>>>>>>> Miami Talent

3. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

He wasn't coming here regardless, his whole fam is in Cali and they didn't want to move anyway.

4. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

Even if Tony was fired first, Harbaugh still wasn't coming here. His family liked the Bay Area too much. His interest in Miami was a negotiating tactic.

5. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Let's not really fret about this. Even if Ross had fired Sparano and Ireland before he took that flight west, it wouldn't have made a difference. Jim Harbaugh was never going to leave California. The 49ers job was a dream job that allowed him to remain in the same house he lived in as the coach of Stanford.

Ross was right about his gut with Harbaugh, let's hope he was right again with Philbin.

6. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

Willis, Crabtree, Davis, gore, goldston, smith, smith, etc vs
    long, Tannehill, bush, wake, Starks, soliai.

Have your pick.

7. WestSideFin

WestSideFin A True Fan

Im sorry but i really can NOT stand the 49ers. I do not think you guys know how nasty bay area fans can be downright filthy mean. Trust me this nor cal area is caked with um. I will root for the patriots in the super bowl if i have to and thats bad. Living in the area you either love um or hate um and i HATE UM.

8. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

What everyone else has said .... Ditto

9. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

I think it was HBO that did a special on sports fans. And the bay area crowd, from OAK to SF were frowned upon. Between the gang bangers and the hood rats, how could any normal fan enjoy a game there. During that special, it was basically stating if your a opposing fan with kids. Don't wear your favorite jersey and don't take the kids with you to those parks.

10. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

Wait a second at his round table press conference Ross said he told Jim he thought he wasn't ready for the NFL and he should stay at Standord how was Ross right?

11. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

As was mentioned above, the Harbaugh family chose to live in SF because of family concerns(better schools/quality of life). They like California better. He just used Miami as leverage as everyone else does.
    Face it, the Miami area is not what it used to be. Traffic snarl, high density urban blight, and an out dated football stadium located in a poor neighborhood miles from the ocean.
    The team was loaded with average players. SF had the more talented roster. Competing against Belechick probably was a factor too.
    Ross would have had to fire Ireland too...and that won't happen until 2014-2015

12. WestSideFin

WestSideFin A True Fan

Yeah exactly no class at all!

13. WestSideFin

WestSideFin A True Fan

Everybody talking about the 49ers in my life today. A day like this makes me wish i lived in south florida.

14. madmic21

madmic21 A True Fan

I flew out to the Niners Fins game this year and although their stadium is a junker I did not feel any less safe then i expected being a fin fan in my gear.and throughout the town was there Friday through Monday the locals at the bars and stuff were really nice.

15. Semedi

Semedi Pro Bowler

lol, do you live in Hunter's Point or something? All the 49ers fans I've ever met have been nice. I went to the Dolphins @ 49ers game this season and had a great time and wasn't hassled by anyone... even had some nice football conversations with 49ers fans.

16. Ikema

Ikema FinHeaven VIP

[TABLE="width: 742"]

[TD="bgcolor: #ebf7fd"]It's unhealthy to look at the past like something you could go back and change. If it was meant to be there when it happened so just let it go. I don't know where you are, but I like where this team is headed at this point. Hopefully it will continue.
    [/TD]
    [/TABLE]

17. phinmanniac

phinmanniac Rookie

Exactly. It's the same thing that Jeff Fisher and others have done before. They played us for more money.. Jim had ZERO intention of moving his family to Miami.

18. Sherif

Sherif Pro Bowler

This franchise should always do opposite because every choice they make is the wrong one. Culpepper or Brees, Long or Ryan, Keep Welker or give him to our arch rival, Manning ops, Harbaugh ops...It's a litney of wrong choices and eff ups. The odds are against so many wrong choices but the string continues.

19. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

Don't the Niners have 3 #1 picks on the OL? :d-day:

20. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

whats the word on the street ?

21. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

as a dolphin fan ive watched since bk in the Marino days , ive watched the 49ers win a SB get tore down and are going bk to another SB before Miami has even really even gone to the playoffs much less a SB , thats bad.

22. NYPhinzFan

NYPhinzFan Scout Team Donator

I mentioned this here the other day. Until we get line play like them, we will NEVER really know what we have in Tannehill, or the Trifecta of running backs we currently have, period. As much as people like to blast Ireland for drafting lineman high, look at the two teams in the SB; littered with first and second round picks on the offensive and defensive line. You do the math.

23. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

The difference is that their OL is good after all of those high picks and FA signings. We've dumped stupid amounts of picks and money into our OL and it still sucks. At one point, we had the higest paid OL in the league and it still sucked.

24. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

Anybody could pick Jim Harbaugh based on Stanford. It was brutally physical relentless basic football, but incorporating plenty of smart and clever schemes on offense. I never doubted him after he beat USC as 41 point underdog.

I remember many posters on Canes sites touting Harbaugh to replace Larry Coker after the 2006 season. Now that required special insight, since Harbaugh was at the obscure University of San Diego football program.

25. PBay Fin Fan

PBay Fin Fan Well-Known Member

Horrible is a douche did you see his temper tantrum when he lost the challenge? Since he is a media darling, he will be passionate, if it had been a player, it would be heavy fines and suspension.

26. PBay Fin Fan

PBay Fin Fan Well-Known Member

I do agree with op, Ross had good instincts about horrible. I trust Mr Ross's instincts now.

27. Etuoo33

Etuoo33 Seasoned Veteran

Just the fact that Ross and Ireland identified one of the right coaches should lend credibility.

28. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

what u mean in Ross's own words he was just giving him advice he was not pursuing him as a coach. We will never know if we had a chance because we never came to the table in a legitimate bargaining position.

29. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

if u agree that he was right on about Harbaugh can u also agree that he was an idiot that had no clue how to pursue this coach since he did not have an opening but of course people will continue to defend this

30. flynryan15

Nope because straight from Ross mouth he told Jimmy he wasn't ready and stay in college!

31. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

That whole incident speaks greatly to the lack of integrity of our owner

32. flynryan15

Yeah let's have a Mickey Mouse Roumd Table Clown Show to shovel **** at our fan base! The hilarity in it was people in here actually bought it and believed Meatball was going to change his dinosaur ways and field a winner!

33. ajdoggie

ajdoggie Seasoned Veteran

Even, if Harbaugh would've took the Phins job over the 49ers, Miami players would still be sitting at home or out playing golf.

34. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

If he could take niners to next level im sure he could do the same here

35. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Nope. Niners have superstar talent EVERYWHERE.

Willis, Smith, A. Smith, Crabtree, Davis, Rogers, Whitner.

That's just a few. Willis is best at his position and so is J. Smith. There loaded.

36. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

We could have signed Whitner and Rogers. Its amAZING how every other team that is successful is explained away. The one point is we have Ireland who has proved nothing here

37. Digital

Digital Starter

Yes, Ross was right about Harbaugh. So was everyone else. Former player, check. Solid NFL roots and ties to create a staff, check. Son of a coach, check. Brother is already a successful coach in the NFL, check. Successful coach in college, check. Put forward a dynamic and aggressive defense as well as a potent and exciting offense, check.

Clearly he was an outside-the-box thinking and a real dark horse candidate before Ross discovered him. :rolleyes2:

I give Ross credit for recognizing talent and pursuing him, I really do. But, I don't think he was really bucking conventional wisdom either.

Personally, I'm glad we didn't get Harbaugh. I know, blasphemy right? We saw what the South Beach implementation of ball control offense, game manager QB's and dominating defenses did in Miami ... grabbed mediocrity by the hair and made it our conquest. We did NOT win anything that mattered. We wasted time and bored our own fans to death. Our attendance fell through the floor and we were a ship adrift at sea in a storm. Was Harbaugh coming? No. Would Harbaugh have righted that smashmouth ship ... definitely not in 1 year like he could San Fran.

When I look at the NFL and think about what style of team I'd like to see in Miami, it would be the Green Bay Packers aerial dominance. An offense that is so awesome to watch that it dominates games almost without a defense and special teams. It's the basis of a team that came darn close to going undefeated in the regular season and were unlucky not to win the Super Bowl that year. But, they won the Super Bowl another year, and they were excellent this year as well. The defense was fun to watch even if it wasn't great. I like teams built like that, I like the offensive emphasis on scoring points, I like the pass first mentality and the QB driven offense. I don't see what's not to like about the Green Bay offense system. They're proven winners and consistently legitimtate Super Bowl contenders ... with 2 different QB's. If we had to endure another 5 year rebuild of ball control power run games and defense dominated teams ... I'm not even sure I'd be excited about making the playoffs. We had the chance to take the offensive coordinator of the Green Bay Packers, and add the former head of the Green Bay Packers as his OC, while adding his home-grown QB in the draft to fit in the system. I'm very happy where we're at. I am expecting us to be vastly improved next season, probably along the lines of a 10-6 and wild card spot. In two more years we'll be contending for the division title and be a legitimiate threat in the playoffs. Yeah, I'm happy with Philbin.

38. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

A good nfl coach uses the talent he has on hand and suits his offense to it until he can get pieces to do otherwise. Would I rather have Harbaugh of course he has proven to be a great coach at the college and NFL level, philben who knows but I dont think he is as good a coach

39. fisi

fisi A True Fan Donator

((Merged x2)) The Official Hindsight 20/20 thread brought to you by Fisi

JUST LIKE WE MISSED ON MATT RYAN AND MANY OTHER PLAYMAKERS, WE DRAFTED AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN!

ALL WE EVER HEARD 2 YRS AGO WAS HOW MIAMI WAS IN LOVE WITH THIS GUY. I HAVE TO ADMIT, I DIDN'T EVEN KNEW COLIN KAEPERNICK WAS BEFORE THE 2011 DRAFT. THEN I WATCHED ALL HIS VIDEOS, AND THE MORE I WATCHED THE MORE I WANTED MIAMI TO PICK HIM BUT THEN...

http://www.phins-spotlight.com/2011/03/nevada-qb-colin-kaepernick-schedules.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hins-poised-to-take-colin-kaepernick-at-no-15

40. NYPhin24

NYPhin24 Scout Team

get over it, move on, end thread

41. josekareh

josekareh Finfansince75

because he sucks really!!!

42. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

#1: Ireland and FO would have been skewered for drafting a "project QB" with the 12th pick just like they were by many for drafting a "project QB" with the 8th pick in 2012.
    #2: They had been burned by a similar "pistol" QB in Pat White (albeit, White was much smaller than Kaepernick)
    #3: Sparano was in "win now" mode. Ireland does not operate in a vaccuum. He must select players based on the vision of the head coach. Since Sparano's situation was not one amenable to developing a young QB, using the 12th pick to select a QB wasn't in the conversation at the time.

I do feel had Kaepernick lasted in the 3rd round, the FO would have possibly selected him because they did appear to be high on him. But it just wasn't meant to be. We got a QB now, and hopefully he turns out to be something that fans of other teams will be posting on their forums for years to come "HOW DID WE PASS UP ON TANNEHILL!??!"

43. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

Don't be ridiculous.

Colin is a very good football player, the player everyone wanted Tebow to become. The fact that we keep swinging and missing is our own fault, we have made our own bad luck.

44. Locke

Locke They looked like strong hands.

Ah yes, another hindsight GM. I think Ireland missed on him the same way 32 other teams passed on him in the first, including the team he currently plays for...

45. hoops

hoops exited stage left

these threads never cease to amaze...:lol:

46. J Tes

J Tes next generation

Typing in caps is cool

47. silverfin

silverfin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Alex Smith played like an all pro on that San Francisco team. Think about that.

48. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

They did trade up for him in the second, not really missing, just waiting.

49. slosh13

slosh13 Scout Team Donator

We had no 2nd round pick because of the Marshall trade! That's why!

50. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Go find another team and quit your whining