((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread

It's unhealthy to look at the past like something you could go back and change. If it was meant to be there when it happened so just let it go. I don't know where you are, but I like where this team is headed at this point. Hopefully it will continue.

As was mentioned above, the Harbaugh family chose to live in SF because of family concerns(better schools/quality of life). They like California better. He just used Miami as leverage as everyone else does.
Face it, the Miami area is not what it used to be. Traffic snarl, high density urban blight, and an out dated football stadium located in a poor neighborhood miles from the ocean.
The team was loaded with average players. SF had the more talented roster. Competing against Belechick probably was a factor too.
Ross would have had to fire Ireland too...and that won't happen until 2014-2015

Exactly. It's the same thing that Jeff Fisher and others have done before. They played us for more money.. Jim had ZERO intention of moving his family to Miami.

This franchise should always do opposite because every choice they make is the wrong one. Culpepper or Brees, Long or Ryan, Keep Welker or give him to our arch rival, Manning ops, Harbaugh ops...It's a litney of wrong choices and eff ups. The odds are against so many wrong choices but the string continues.

I think it was HBO that did a special on sports fans. And the bay area crowd, from OAK to SF were frowned upon. Between the gang bangers and the hood rats, how could any normal fan enjoy a game there. During that special, it was basically stating if your a opposing fan with kids. Don't wear your favorite jersey and don't take the kids with you to those parks.

whats the word on the street ?

Exactly. It's the same thing that Jeff Fisher and others have done before. They played us for more money.. Jim had ZERO intention of moving his family to Miami.

as a dolphin fan ive watched since bk in the Marino days , ive watched the 49ers win a SB get tore down and are going bk to another SB before Miami has even really even gone to the playoffs much less a SB , thats bad.

Don't the Niners have 3 #1 picks on the OL? :d-day:

I mentioned this here the other day. Until we get line play like them, we will NEVER really know what we have in Tannehill, or the Trifecta of running backs we currently have, period. As much as people like to blast Ireland for drafting lineman high, look at the two teams in the SB; littered with first and second round picks on the offensive and defensive line. You do the math.

I mentioned this here the other day. Until we get line play like them, we will NEVER really know what we have in Tannehill, or the Trifecta of running backs we currently have, period. As much as people like to blast Ireland for drafting lineman high, look at the two teams in the SB; littered with first and second round picks on the offensive and defensive line. You do the math.

The difference is that their OL is good after all of those high picks and FA signings. We've dumped stupid amounts of picks and money into our OL and it still sucks. At one point, we had the higest paid OL in the league and it still sucked.

Anybody could pick Jim Harbaugh based on Stanford. It was brutally physical relentless basic football, but incorporating plenty of smart and clever schemes on offense. I never doubted him after he beat USC as 41 point underdog.

I remember many posters on Canes sites touting Harbaugh to replace Larry Coker after the 2006 season. Now that required special insight, since Harbaugh was at the obscure University of San Diego football program.

Horrible is a douche did you see his temper tantrum when he lost the challenge? Since he is a media darling, he will be passionate, if it had been a player, it would be heavy fines and suspension.

I do agree with op, Ross had good instincts about horrible. I trust Mr Ross's instincts now.

Just the fact that Ross and Ireland identified one of the right coaches should lend credibility.

Let's not really fret about this. Even if Ross had fired Sparano and Ireland before he took that flight west, it wouldn't have made a difference. Jim Harbaugh was never going to leave California. The 49ers job was a dream job that allowed him to remain in the same house he lived in as the coach of Stanford.

Ross was right about his gut with Harbaugh, let's hope he was right again with Philbin.

what u mean in Ross's own words he was just giving him advice he was not pursuing him as a coach. We will never know if we had a chance because we never came to the table in a legitimate bargaining position.

if u agree that he was right on about Harbaugh can u also agree that he was an idiot that had no clue how to pursue this coach since he did not have an opening but of course people will continue to defend this

if u agree that he was right on about Harbaugh can u also agree that he was an idiot that had no clue how to pursue this coach since he did not have an opening but of course people will continue to defend this

Nope because straight from Ross mouth he told Jimmy he wasn't ready and stay in college!

Back
Top Bottom