((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread

That whole incident speaks greatly to the lack of integrity of our owner

Yeah let's have a Mickey Mouse Roumd Table Clown Show to shovel **** at our fan base! The hilarity in it was people in here actually bought it and believed Meatball was going to change his dinosaur ways and field a winner!

Even, if Harbaugh would've took the Phins job over the 49ers, Miami players would still be sitting at home or out playing golf.

Even, if Harbaugh would've took the Phins job over the 49ers, Miami players would still be sitting at home or out playing golf.

If he could take niners to next level im sure he could do the same here

If he could take niners to next level im sure he could do the same here

Nope. Niners have superstar talent EVERYWHERE.

Willis, Smith, A. Smith, Crabtree, Davis, Rogers, Whitner.

That's just a few. Willis is best at his position and so is J. Smith. There loaded.

Nope. Niners have superstar talent EVERYWHERE.

Willis, Smith, A. Smith, Crabtree, Davis, Rogers, Whitner.

That's just a few. Willis is best at his position and so is J. Smith. There loaded.

We could have signed Whitner and Rogers. Its amAZING how every other team that is successful is explained away. The one point is we have Ireland who has proved nothing here

Yes, Ross was right about Harbaugh. So was everyone else. Former player, check. Solid NFL roots and ties to create a staff, check. Son of a coach, check. Brother is already a successful coach in the NFL, check. Successful coach in college, check. Put forward a dynamic and aggressive defense as well as a potent and exciting offense, check.

Clearly he was an outside-the-box thinking and a real dark horse candidate before Ross discovered him. :rolleyes2:

I give Ross credit for recognizing talent and pursuing him, I really do. But, I don't think he was really bucking conventional wisdom either.

Personally, I'm glad we didn't get Harbaugh. I know, blasphemy right? We saw what the South Beach implementation of ball control offense, game manager QB's and dominating defenses did in Miami ... grabbed mediocrity by the hair and made it our conquest. We did NOT win anything that mattered. We wasted time and bored our own fans to death. Our attendance fell through the floor and we were a ship adrift at sea in a storm. Was Harbaugh coming? No. Would Harbaugh have righted that smashmouth ship ... definitely not in 1 year like he could San Fran.

When I look at the NFL and think about what style of team I'd like to see in Miami, it would be the Green Bay Packers aerial dominance. An offense that is so awesome to watch that it dominates games almost without a defense and special teams. It's the basis of a team that came darn close to going undefeated in the regular season and were unlucky not to win the Super Bowl that year. But, they won the Super Bowl another year, and they were excellent this year as well. The defense was fun to watch even if it wasn't great. I like teams built like that, I like the offensive emphasis on scoring points, I like the pass first mentality and the QB driven offense. I don't see what's not to like about the Green Bay offense system. They're proven winners and consistently legitimtate Super Bowl contenders ... with 2 different QB's. If we had to endure another 5 year rebuild of ball control power run games and defense dominated teams ... I'm not even sure I'd be excited about making the playoffs. We had the chance to take the offensive coordinator of the Green Bay Packers, and add the former head of the Green Bay Packers as his OC, while adding his home-grown QB in the draft to fit in the system. I'm very happy where we're at. I am expecting us to be vastly improved next season, probably along the lines of a 10-6 and wild card spot. In two more years we'll be contending for the division title and be a legitimiate threat in the playoffs. Yeah, I'm happy with Philbin.

Yes, Ross was right about Harbaugh. So was everyone else. Former player, check. Solid NFL roots and ties to create a staff, check. Son of a coach, check. Brother is already a successful coach in the NFL, check. Successful coach in college, check. Put forward a dynamic and aggressive defense as well as a potent and exciting offense, check.

Clearly he was an outside-the-box thinking and a real dark horse candidate before Ross discovered him. :rolleyes2:

I give Ross credit for recognizing talent and pursuing him, I really do. But, I don't think he was really bucking conventional wisdom either.

Personally, I'm glad we didn't get Harbaugh. I know, blasphemy right? We saw what the South Beach implementation of ball control offense, game manager QB's and dominating defenses did in Miami ... grabbed mediocrity by the hair and made it our conquest. We did NOT win anything that mattered. We wasted time and bored our own fans to death. Our attendance fell through the floor and we were a ship adrift at sea in a storm. Was Harbaugh coming? No. Would Harbaugh have righted that smashmouth ship ... definitely not in 1 year like he could San Fran.

When I look at the NFL and think about what style of team I'd like to see in Miami, it would be the Green Bay Packers aerial dominance. An offense that is so awesome to watch that it dominates games almost without a defense and special teams. It's the basis of a team that came darn close to going undefeated in the regular season and were unlucky not to win the Super Bowl that year. But, they won the Super Bowl another year, and they were excellent this year as well. The defense was fun to watch even if it wasn't great. I like teams built like that, I like the offensive emphasis on scoring points, I like the pass first mentality and the QB driven offense. I don't see what's not to like about the Green Bay offense system. They're proven winners and consistently legitimtate Super Bowl contenders ... with 2 different QB's. If we had to endure another 5 year rebuild of ball control power run games and defense dominated teams ... I'm not even sure I'd be excited about making the playoffs. We had the chance to take the offensive coordinator of the Green Bay Packers, and add the former head of the Green Bay Packers as his OC, while adding his home-grown QB in the draft to fit in the system. I'm very happy where we're at. I am expecting us to be vastly improved next season, probably along the lines of a 10-6 and wild card spot. In two more years we'll be contending for the division title and be a legitimiate threat in the playoffs. Yeah, I'm happy with Philbin.

A good nfl coach uses the talent he has on hand and suits his offense to it until he can get pieces to do otherwise. Would I rather have Harbaugh of course he has proven to be a great coach at the college and NFL level, philben who knows but I dont think he is as good a coach

((Merged x2)) The Official Hindsight 20/20 thread brought to you by Fisi

JUST LIKE WE MISSED ON MATT RYAN AND MANY OTHER PLAYMAKERS, WE DRAFTED AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN!

ALL WE EVER HEARD 2 YRS AGO WAS HOW MIAMI WAS IN LOVE WITH THIS GUY. I HAVE TO ADMIT, I DIDN'T EVEN KNEW COLIN KAEPERNICK WAS BEFORE THE 2011 DRAFT. THEN I WATCHED ALL HIS VIDEOS, AND THE MORE I WATCHED THE MORE I WANTED MIAMI TO PICK HIM BUT THEN...

http://www.phins-spotlight.com/2011/03/nevada-qb-colin-kaepernick-schedules.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hins-poised-to-take-colin-kaepernick-at-no-15

#1: Ireland and FO would have been skewered for drafting a "project QB" with the 12th pick just like they were by many for drafting a "project QB" with the 8th pick in 2012.
#2: They had been burned by a similar "pistol" QB in Pat White (albeit, White was much smaller than Kaepernick)
#3: Sparano was in "win now" mode. Ireland does not operate in a vaccuum. He must select players based on the vision of the head coach. Since Sparano's situation was not one amenable to developing a young QB, using the 12th pick to select a QB wasn't in the conversation at the time.

I do feel had Kaepernick lasted in the 3rd round, the FO would have possibly selected him because they did appear to be high on him. But it just wasn't meant to be. We got a QB now, and hopefully he turns out to be something that fans of other teams will be posting on their forums for years to come "HOW DID WE PASS UP ON TANNEHILL!??!"

Ah yes, another hindsight GM. I think Ireland missed on him the same way 32 other teams passed on him in the first, including the team he currently plays for...

Back
Top Bottom