((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

((merged x3)) The Official Hindsight is 20/20 thread

Alex Smith played like an all pro on that San Francisco team. Think about that.

Ah yes, another hindsight GM. I think Ireland missed on him the same way 32 other teams passed on him in the first, including the team he currently plays for...
They did trade up for him in the second, not really missing, just waiting.

We had no 2nd round pick because of the Marshall trade! That's why!

Go find another team and quit your whining

Don't be ridiculous.

Colin is a very good football player, the player everyone wanted Tebow to become. The fact that we keep swinging and missing is our own fault, we have made our own bad luck.

Tebow??? who the **** is Tebow, Colin wouldn't be where he is now if he hadn't had the Defense to make up for the crap he does... He is very very average!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just waiting for the why did we pass on travaris jackson thread then i will chime in....lol

How did we miss on the entire Pro Bowl squad minus Cam Wake, Richie Incognito, Randy Starks and John Denney!??! WE SUCK!

I was on the Kaepernick bandwagon in that draft, and if we were going to move up it should have been for him and not Daniel Thomas.

In Tannehill we finally broke the chain of passing on QB's, and for me it was like the end of a nightmare.

I wanted to draft Drew Brees, I wanted to draft Aaron Rogers, and I wanted to draft Matt Ryan....hopefully this organization learned something from the last 10 + years of futility.

Many of the "experts" argued at the time that Kaepernick was a long long term project...who needed to much development to risk a high pick on.

Facts are facts, since Marino this organization tried to fill the most important position with a value pick. They went for Tannehill in round 1 so let's see how he turns out. No use crying over spilled milk.

Two Teams, Same Starting Point, Different Directions: good read

But you also had the Atlanta Falcons, a team that was basically in the same position as Miami after the '07 season.
Here are some of the comparisons that followed after the '07 season for both Atlanta (4-12) & Miami (1-15):

• Hired New Front Office's
  • Hired New Coaches
  • High Draft Picks For The '08 Draft: Miami had the #1 Overall Pick, Atlanta had the #3 Pick. Miami had four (4) picks in the Top 66 of the draft, Atlanta had four (4) picks in the Top 68.
From the '08 season through the '12 season, Atlanta has the following stats:

• 56 Wins and 24 Losses
  • Four (4) Playoff Appearances - Two (2) Division Champions, Two (2) Wildcards
  • One (1) Playoff Win
  • Two (2) #1 Overall Playoff Seeds - Best Conference Record
  • Five (5) Consecutive Winning Seasons
From the '08 season through the '12 season, Miami has the following stats:

• 38 Wins and 42 Losses
  • One (1) Playoff Appearance - Division Champions
  • Zero (0) Playoff Wins
  • Four (4) Consecutive Losing Seasons

Atlanta has retained 29 of their 38 picks since '08. Miami has retained only 22 of their 43 picks since '08. So with less picks, Atlanta has still retained 33% more players from their draft than Miami has. That isn't an accident. That is very good drafting by Atlanta when compared to that of Miami.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/1/21/3900402/two-teams-same-starting-point-different-directions

Whats more depressing is if miami fails to resign, Smith, hartline and jake, we would have waisted the entire two years draft of 08 and 09! Pathetic!

Back
Top Bottom