MERGEDX2: Adam Schien on Sirius | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX2: Adam Schien on Sirius

BillsFanInPeace

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Just said to a Dolphin caller when asked about the QBs that Beck will NEVER see another down as the dolphin QB.

He and Wilcots both say the depth chart will look like this going into the season

McCown
Henne
Beck

Adam Schein has never been one to hide his love of Chad Henne. He's raved about Chad Henne for a long time.

I respect their opinions, but I don't agree with that. While I do believe that Henne is likely to be the long term QB they go with, I think Beck is going to play and likely play a lot this season. They are not just going to throw him aside because he isn't "their guy". If Beck plays well, I could see the new management changing their long term plans, but I don't think they are going to flat out deny him a shot.

If he doesn't play this year, it is because McCown or Henne legitimately beat him out.

I respect their opinions, but I don't agree with that. While I do believe that Henne is likely to be the long term QB they go with, I think Beck is going to play and likely play a lot this season. They are not just going to throw him aside because he isn't "their guy". If Beck plays well, I could see the new management changing their long term plans, but I don't think they are going to flat out deny him a shot.

If he doesn't play this year, it is because McCown or Henne legitimately beat him out.

Can I ask though how many times has Tuna not given a "fair" shot because they had their guy there?

Adam Schien knows nothing about what is going on with the Fins. He figures that because they drafted Henne that Beck is done. I have a hard time listening to NFL on Sirius because its hard to weed the truth out of a ton of BS.

Can I ask though how many times has Tuna not given a "fair" shot because they had their guy there?
Someone posted a link some time ago, on this site, where a Cowboy writer said that BP and Ireland were going to draft Beck, but Miami took him so they had to go in a different direction. The first coach to be hired by BP when he got here was a QBs coach. Don't be so sure Beck isn't a BP guy.

Im a Beck fan.

Im a Henne Fan.

Im a McCown fan.

Whoever deserves it, gets it. Nothing wrong with competition.

He said that Parcells and Co Love Henne in Mia.
Oh, i dont doubt that for a second. The curious thing is, knowing that Henne is unlikely to see the field this year, why the sirius guys think Beck will NEVER step on the field for Miami again...considering the only other option is a stopgap journeyman.

Bottom line, even if Parcells and Co. want to marry Henne and bear his children, if Beck played and played well this year, he'd be a tradable commodity.

Just said to a Dolphin caller when asked about the QBs that Beck will NEVER see another down as the dolphin QB.

He and Wilcots both say the depth chart will look like this going into the season

McCown
Henne
Beck

Now would this be the SAME prognosticator "Adam Schein" who in 8/07 jumped on the Tiki bandwagon in criticizing EManning (when it turned out Tiki was more of the problem)?

...or was it this "Adam Schein" who a month later in his expert opinion, predicted this:

"Offensive Player of the year: Shaun Alexander. Let's remember what Alexander did in 2005. And let's also remember that the running back was never healthy in 2006. A training camp visit to lovely Kirkland, Washington has me convinced that the 2005 MVP will be back to his old form. Oh yeah, and Matt Hasselbeck tells me Alexander will catch 50 balls this year."

or also in Sept last year, who predicted after a terrible game 1 that "Drew Brees is still gonna win MVP." ??

This guy's more an obsessed opinionated fan than a plugged-in journalist. Please take what he says with a grain of salt... remember that when he turns out to be spot-on even a broken clock is right 2x a day.

(Aside from Stern's suffocating contract, it's slugs like this that help confirm why SIRI is trading near a 3 1/2 year low, even after preliminary legislative approval of what's essentially a monopolistic merger. That stock is so dead it's near impossible to borrow any shares to short.)

Back
Top Bottom