MERGEDX2: Adam Schien on Sirius

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BillsFanInPeace, Jul 8, 2008.

1. BillsFanInPeace

BillsFanInPeace FinHeaven VIP

Just said to a Dolphin caller when asked about the QBs that Beck will NEVER see another down as the dolphin QB.

He and Wilcots both say the depth chart will look like this going into the season

McCown
    Henne
    Beck

2. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

Adam Schein has never been one to hide his love of Chad Henne. He's raved about Chad Henne for a long time.

3. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

I respect their opinions, but I don't agree with that. While I do believe that Henne is likely to be the long term QB they go with, I think Beck is going to play and likely play a lot this season. They are not just going to throw him aside because he isn't "their guy". If Beck plays well, I could see the new management changing their long term plans, but I don't think they are going to flat out deny him a shot.

If he doesn't play this year, it is because McCown or Henne legitimately beat him out.

4. BillsFanInPeace

Can I ask though how many times has Tuna not given a "fair" shot because they had their guy there?

5. SuperMarksBros.

SuperMarksBros. Formerly Fiedler for MVP

6. feelthepain

feelthepain A True Fan

Phil Simms wasn't Tunas guy. If I remember correctly he was there before BP arrived in NY.

7. BillsFanInPeace

Was he calling the shots with the Giants? I dont think he was

8. BillsFanInPeace

He said that Parcells and Co Love Henne in Mia.

9. JsBaugh

JsBaugh Well-Known Member

Adam Schien knows nothing about what is going on with the Fins. He figures that because they drafted Henne that Beck is done. I have a hard time listening to NFL on Sirius because its hard to weed the truth out of a ton of BS.

10. hemidemon

hemidemon Starter

Someone posted a link some time ago, on this site, where a Cowboy writer said that BP and Ireland were going to draft Beck, but Miami took him so they had to go in a different direction. The first coach to be hired by BP when he got here was a QBs coach. Don't be so sure Beck isn't a BP guy.

11. Mcganiel

Mcganiel A True Fan

Why????

12. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips Ready for Henne.

Im a Beck fan.

Im a Henne Fan.

Im a McCown fan.

Whoever deserves it, gets it. Nothing wrong with competition.

13. SuperMarksBros.

SuperMarksBros. Formerly Fiedler for MVP

Oh, i dont doubt that for a second. The curious thing is, knowing that Henne is unlikely to see the field this year, why the sirius guys think Beck will NEVER step on the field for Miami again...considering the only other option is a stopgap journeyman.

Bottom line, even if Parcells and Co. want to marry Henne and bear his children, if Beck played and played well this year, he'd be a tradable commodity.

14. feelthepain

feelthepain A True Fan

He was the HC, he decides who plays and who doesn't.

15. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Now would this be the SAME prognosticator "Adam Schein" who in 8/07 jumped on the Tiki bandwagon in criticizing EManning (when it turned out Tiki was more of the problem)?

...or was it this "Adam Schein" who a month later in his expert opinion, predicted this:

"Offensive Player of the year: Shaun Alexander. Let's remember what Alexander did in 2005. And let's also remember that the running back was never healthy in 2006. A training camp visit to lovely Kirkland, Washington has me convinced that the 2005 MVP will be back to his old form. Oh yeah, and Matt Hasselbeck tells me Alexander will catch 50 balls this year."

or also in Sept last year, who predicted after a terrible game 1 that "Drew Brees is still gonna win MVP." ??

This guy's more an obsessed opinionated fan than a plugged-in journalist. Please take what he says with a grain of salt... remember that when he turns out to be spot-on even a broken clock is right 2x a day.

(Aside from Stern's suffocating contract, it's slugs like this that help confirm why SIRI is trading near a 3 1/2 year low, even after preliminary legislative approval of what's essentially a monopolistic merger. That stock is so dead it's near impossible to borrow any shares to short.)

16. phinfan33

phinfan33 A True Fan

Who is this knucklehead Adam Schein?

17. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Yeah well the last time I checked, that guy is NOT a member of the Dolphins Coaching Staff and training camp has not begun.

18. godolphins1985

godolphins1985 WILDCARD

agree 100 percent.:up:

19. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Blunt Instrument

Precisely.... He absolutely knows nothing about the Fins. How ironic is it that some of (not all) these so called sports commentators and football anayst flunkies keep saying from week to week, "oh, BP loves, Ginn,...um...Beck...oh wait, now its Ricky or Henne, or McCown or Taylor...no wait it really is Long...nope, wrong again....its really truly the kicker....uh huh.

20. 67Stang

67Stang FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

21. godolphins1985

godolphins1985 WILDCARD

they no nothing more than we do.

22. phinfan33

phinfan33 A True Fan

sorry for misspelling his last name....Schien

23. FinfanInBuffalo

FinfanInBuffalo Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

What a job to have. Sit around and spew nonsense with no need to back up anything.

24. godolphins1985

godolphins1985 WILDCARD

i wonder if they gave legit reasons or sources to where they gather this info from?

25. fatkirstyalley

fatkirstyalley Donut Enthusiast

I heard that nugget on his show to. Mccown number 1 and Henne number2. Wilcotts said that the FO will test drive Henne at some point though. I dont agree with Schein but he has a decent trackrecord of delivering on his statements

26. Fin-Fan-13

Fin-Fan-13 Starter

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.....:lol:

27. godolphins1985

godolphins1985 WILDCARD

I do think that if its to close between mccown and beck and henne it will come down to preseason and then who ever gets the nod will have 8 games to prove himself. As long as the chosen one just manages and doesnt make mistakes he will continue the rest of the season.

28. moonman

moonman >tfw dolphins fan

This is another example (in a long line of examples this off season) of the national sports media mailing it on on the Phins because we were so bad last season. Why do research on the worst team in the league? What's that? They drafted a QB? Well that must mean Beck is NoT tHEiR guY!

Talking heads. Nothing more. The vast majority of people on this site know more about what is going on with the Dolphins than the national media does.

29. gacane

gacane FinHeaven VIP Dolphin for LIFE

Adam Schien on Sirius also stated

Dolphins hane no chance this season, will finish with Atlanta on the bottom of the NFL. I guess we should throw in the towel now. :boohoo:Glad their show ended at 3:00

30. Dolfandenny

Dolfandenny Starter

Thats nice too know. I guess the pressures off. No where too go but up. Maybe we can surprise a few people this year. [never understimate your opponent]

31. Nublar7

Until we prove otherwise, we are the worst team in the NFL. On paper we have improved, but to shake off the "worst" label, we need to go out and earn it. Do I think we are going to be the worst team or near the bottom again? No, but the worst thing this team can have is high expectations.

Parcells/Ireland/Sparano are on the right path, but I don't expect a worst to first this season. I think it was mentioned in the past months that they are looking at the Dolphins with a three year plan. That means in three seasons, Miami should be a strong contender.

32. djphinfan

djphinfan Perennial All-Pro

BINGO!!! enough said..

33. Fin-Fan-13

Fin-Fan-13 Starter

Here's your sign.

With Adam's comments, maybe a nick name of Adam Schien-Ola would be appropriate.

34. raving

raving Starter

What Adam Schein thinks is irrelevant. That's all!

Many of us on this site often discuss the ignorance of the so called pundits. Most of them operate off of sound bites and rumors to make things sound juicy. Generally speaking they are (in this case Schein is) massively ignorant of anything real or substantial on the subject other than corporate line, which he just made up out of whole cloth.

35. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I don't know who our QB will be but I can guarantee Adam Schein doesn't, either.

36. Captain Lou

Captain Lou FinHeaven VIP

The majority of the posters on this sight have a better idea of what's going on in Miami than this clown. I highly doubt he comes to this message board starving for any bit of information he can get. Like we do. Just because the guy has microphone doesn't mean anything he says is creditable.

37. phinfan33

phinfan33 A True Fan

ok,i'm gonna assume by what i'm reading...that this guy's some kind of radio commentator?

38. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

He also does some work on FOXSports.com as well.

39. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

For what it's worth, ESPN's Chris Mortenson said on the "Dan LeBatard Show" on 790 the Ticket that he believes that either John Beck or Chad Henne will start the season.

40. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

How dare you people rain on this feel good thread about our projected depth chart lol. Now tell me if the depth chart was more to the majority liking and I said that the guy did not know what he was talking about or that he was biased I would be called a hater lol or negative. I think this thread does make my point about what I have said many times. If the writer or article agrees with the majority than hmm maybe he is onto something lol. If he says something unpopular hes a hater or biased.

At this point nobody not even the coaches or Parcells knows what the qb depth chart is going to be. Our takes are just theories and our own speculation.I want to start who shows he should be the starter whomever that is.

41. miamifire

miamifire Scout Team

I would much rather listen to Pat Kirwin and T-Rock then those 2 knuckleheads.:wink:

42. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 Perennial All-Pro

that would be a awful waste of a second round pick if beck does not develop

43. kbeath

kbeath Come on fellas in 07

Sorry nub i got alot of respect for ya but your wrong. The fins will compete this year. The 3 year plan is to compete for the SUPERBOWL not to be competitive. It is never bad to have high expectations either. Either a team plays hard or they dont expectations dont mean shat. They also dont need to shake the "worst label" this is a totally different team.
    I am by no means saying playoffs or that we should be expected to succeed but anyone that compares this team to lasts is not doing their homework.
    We will have more than half of the 22 offensive and D starters, new this year from the start of last and possibly 18 if you include players who started but are in new postitions.

44. Digital

Digital Starter

Well be careful with the whole 3 year plan thing ... Cam had one too, and while both Parcells and Jimmy Johnson began their head coaching career with catastrophic first seasons, they were allowed the 3 years necessary to make it happen. Cam didn't poor-mouth his team like Parcells is doing, thus the false expectations for Cam were higher, but losing has a funny way of pouring cold water on those hot 3 year plans.

45. lbmclean_sj

lbmclean_sj A True Fan

Schein is a blowhard. there are alot of good guys on sirius though.

I would put the odds like this

McCown - 45%

Beck - 40%

Henne - 15%

Henne is a wildcard though, it is hard to discount a guy who started as a true freshman

46. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org

I can't even say I respect their opinions.

I have little to zero respect for just about any "sports journalist" today.
    They usually put little effort into getting to know the facts of any situation and you can tell that by all the nonsensicle drivel they put out.

There's absolutely nothing they could use to justify the statement they made.
    Nothing. If all they've got is a rookie performance then that just proves my point again about how idiotic they all are.

47. Etuoo33

Etuoo33 Seasoned Veteran

Just more irresponsible journalism, he could work for ESPN.

48. Dredd1050

Dredd1050 A STRONG MAN SHEDS BLOOD BEFORE TEARS

8-8, mark it baby!

49. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

we have treated 2nd round picks like yesterday's newspapers anyway.
    Aj Feeley one year on a team that was every bit as bad as last year's on offense and maybe our worst oline ever. Daunte signed injured and supposed to miss part of the season but oh well play him from day one because player's are making coache's decisions then cut him the next year to replace him with no better option for a draft pick.

The odds are that one of our second round qb's will possibly be viewed as a wasted 2nd round pick because they both cant start.

50. Nublar7

It may have came across wrong in my other post, but I was trying to point out that we won't be going from the league's worst team to one of the top 5 or 6 elite teams. I do think we will be competitive this year, but to expect playoffs maybe hoping for something a little unrealistic. When I said "in three seasons, Miami should be a strong contender" I meant more of being one of the top teams in the league and competing for a possible spot in the Super Bowl.

What I am trying to say is it is hard to put a team that is coming off a 1-15 season anywhere but #32 in the league at this point of the year. Yes, we made HUGE changes both in the front office and on the team itself. However, none of these changes have actually done anything on the field yet. I do think we will be greatly improved this upcoming season over what happened last year.

I honestly see this year producing between 6-8 wins. That is competitive, but not a contender. Year two they should make more strides and a 9-10 win season with a playoff berth could be reasonable. If everything goes well and to plan, I think Parcells/Ireland/Sparano want this team to go deep into the playoffs come the 2010 season.