MergedX2: Taylor a "progress stopper" in Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mnphinfan, Apr 3, 2009.

1. mnphinfan

mnphinfan Lifelong Fin Fan

Just read a blog on ESPN where Ireland is concerned that JT could be a progress stopper for our younger

players.http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-7-16/Taylor-could-be--progress-stopper--for-Miami.html

"You have to look at every possible situation at this time of the year," Ireland said. "Our level of interest, I'm not going to tell you where it's at right now, but I would say that you have to look at all these things.
    "But with players in particular like Jason -- he's going to be 35 in September -- you have to look at whether veteran players are progress-stoppers for younger players."

I tend agree with this, but he could also enhance their learning curve. It seems however that as much as our players are lobbying for it, the front office has no immediate plans to sign JT. IMO we will be drafting a pass rusing OLB in the first two rounds and with the signing of Cameron Wake they may not think they need to sign JT as an upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
  2. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

I think you should have put a question mark on the thread title because it is a little misleading in regards to what Ireland said and even the title of the article.

With the way we rotated players last year, I really doubt that Taylor would be a progress stopper to any of them. Not only that but the techniques he could teach them might even accelerate their progress.

I remember an article from last year where Sparano mentioned how he wanted Jake Long to learn from Taylor because of what he can teach him in regards to defending the pass rushers in the league. Charlie Anderson also wanted to learn from Taylor as well as Quentin Moses. Who knows what he can teach someone like Cam Wake about the nuaces of the NFL game that goes beyond what the coaches can show him.

3. Yamilo

Yamilo Starter

the fact that he's not revealing Miami's position on this issue says that something is going on. They are trying to get him at a cheap price. If they weren't in the hunt, he would just say that they aren't and that's it.

4. madmic21

madmic21 A True Fan

5. madmic21

madmic21 A True Fan

Please merge got beat already posted seconds ago.

6. bdmagnum

bdmagnum Big Daddy

Sorry to ask, but, did you not see the trhread with almost the exact title of yours?

7. Rio

Rio Competition-The Elixir Of Success!

moot, in every resoect

8. mnphinfan

I am hoping he gives us a home town discount, he already said it wasn't about the money and that he would like to play in Miami again.

9. Calgaryfin

Calgaryfin Well-Known Member

Exactly what I thought too!

10. madmic21

madmic21 A True Fan

I somewhat agree, but teaching is what we hire the best coaches for and there is no replacement for playing time and expierence, and that is the problem signing JT poses. Do you play the more talented expierenced guy (Taylor) in favor of the younger guys to win now or play the young guys with the hope that they perform and improve for the future? This is the difficulty of rebuilding in the NFL especially after having what seems to be a break through season.

11. madmic21

madmic21 A True Fan

Sorry man came checked when I went to post thread and nothing was there and right when I posted guy did the same at same time. Thats the way it goes I guess tried my best to not create same thread but article was only out for 13 minutes when I read it.

12. mnphinfan

I just don't see Moses and Anderson being big producers for us. They had all last year to learn from the coaches and they hardly ever got on the field. Now letting Cameron Wake learn on the field may be a different story. We know what he did in the CFL but will it carry over to the NFL, I am hoping it will but who knows. I would much rather have JT on the roster than Moses which would allow not only defensive but offensive players to learn from him as well.

13. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

Coaches can only teach so much with the time they have because of the number of players they have to deal with and the other responsibilities they have. It's like last year when Pennington arrived and you have veteran players like Justin Smiley talking about how Chad taught him how to watch and break down film.
    At 35 years old, Taylor will not be an every down player as he was just two years ago so the younger players will receive more than their fair share of playing time.

14. NYinBostonFin

NYinBostonFin Playoffs Please!!

Translation....We will not pay a boatload for JT.

15. ryanENGLISH0

ryanENGLISH0 Well-Known Member

I think JT would help the learning curve, guys who cant seem to get over that road block like Roth.

16. NYinBostonFin

How will JT teach Roth speed?

17. ryanENGLISH0

He will teach Roth how to use quickness, and finesse around blockers not just power

18. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

If he gets signed it's b/c they see value in him. If not, it's because they don't feel he will be productive enough to take time away from younger players.

Who would start or play more then he would if he was on the team?

19. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

I think it would be more about hand placement and better use of leverage. He could also show him certain things to look for when going against certain OTs and offenses formations.

20. finner

finner Starter

Bottom line is that Metro at 35 would take a roster spot from a younger, developing player. This TEAM is in the middle of being developed and for that reason alone, not to mention the assorted “baggage” that comes with Metro, he’s not part of the plan.

Furthermore, IMO it would present a kind of wishy-washy front if Parcells and Co brought him back. This is a definite factor for the Dolphin brain trust to consider, and I don’t think they would risk the potential exposure for a player who’s obviously on the down side.

On a different note, JT certainly has a chip on his shoulder, and if he goes to NE he’ll be looking for sweet revenge against the Fins. But we would game plan to attack him at the point and expose his lack of physicality. So in a way I hope he lands in NE and we get to see the drama unfold…

:hump:

21. ryanENGLISH0

that to

22. SEADOG

SEADOG Rookie

I'm wondering what our guys would learn from JT...let's see

Stiff your team and team mates that are working out very hard in the off season work programs and then bail on them to a team that has a shot, in JT's opinion, at making the playoffs. All the while your ex team mates made the playoffs and JT didn't and had a poor season to boot. Now he wants to come back....

Wrong message in my book.

23. NYinBostonFin

I agree, I don't want him back.

24. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

...and yet the players still want him back. Go figure.

25. SEADOG

SEADOG Rookie

I was unaware you were a player....if not, you really don't know what they want.

26. G-Force

G-Force Hall Of Famer

Last offseason the fairy was wanting to dance the night away and trade our team for his boyfriend Brady and now he want's to come back. Screw him. Her doesn't deserve the privelege. He should go to Oakland where in the words of Warren Sapp "players go to let their careers die".

27. G-Force

G-Force Hall Of Famer

Quit with the he could teach our young guys crap, please. He would be a OLB with us and he has never played that position before. theiur is no logical reason to let the POS return PERIOD and .

28. SEADOG

SEADOG Rookie

I see where Chowder and Porter said something, but only Chowder actually saying he wanted him back...is that the players you were referring to?

29. moe

moe Scout Team

This article doesn't really say that JT is not in the team's "long and short term plans". All it says is that there are other factors upon which the team will make their descision in addition to his playing ability. Either way, it is not difinitive by any means.

30. ryanENGLISH0

He played stand up DE(the year he won DMVP) for Dom Capers which is relevant to a 3-4 OLB

31. NYinBostonFin

Crowder said he wanted to be a Dolphin. That's all....

Did crowder even say that he would like to see him back?

32. ryanENGLISH0

Some fans really hate JT, did he try sleeping with your wives or something?

33. G-Force

G-Force Hall Of Famer

Anyone on our team that was here at the end of last year that says that want him back should be kicked off our team or traded IMO. He said he would trade him and 50 others for his boyfriend, Neglected and ignored our team and FO to be a dancing fairy, and wanted out. Anyone that forgives that has no heart or self-respect and has no place in what we are trying to build IMO. Crowder is lucky to be back anyway and should concentrate on his terrible instincts and getting in shape rather than whinning and fishing with a fairy traitor.

34. ryanENGLISH0

But im sure if we got Tom Brady you would be doing back flips, no?

35. SEADOG

SEADOG Rookie

Actually he quit on the Miami Dolphins, are you a Dolphin fan or a JT fan??? The comment about the wives shows your lack of intelligence....It's better to post facts instead of ripping on a posters wife.

36. ryanENGLISH0

Ricky Williams quit on the dolphins, JT was traded

37. G-Force

G-Force Hall Of Famer

Dolphin fans have reason to hate/not want the fairy back. Bandwagoners and player fans/fairys are the only ones that would accept him back.:up: JT don't sleep with wives anyway, it's more like Brady.

38. ryanENGLISH0

Im wondering why there is so much hatred for this guy?

39. ryanENGLISH0

Dolphin Fans like to see what is best fit for team, I think the team would like to have his talents back as well as myself, a Miami Dolphins fan, if you dont like my opinion then so be it, but i dont have to agree with you

40. SEADOG

SEADOG Rookie

It's funny, the same thing was said when people knew LeonPepper was a bad move and would stink it up, "did he sleep with your wife" LOL, no but he still sucked....