MERGEDX3: Fins reach out to Law | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX3: Fins reach out to Law

dolpns13

Taste the Burn
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-law101608,0,7686958.story

The Dolphins have reached out to representatives for veteran free agent cornerback Ty Law, to discuss a workout for the five-time Pro Bowl selection, according to a source.

Law, 34, hasn't played in the
NFL this season, after starting 16 games for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2007. The South Florida resident has 52 career interceptions, including 10 for the New York Jets, but is best known for his 10 seasons with the New England Patriots. Law visited with the Jets during the offseason, and had phone conversations with the Patriots and Cleveland Browns. In July, he said that he had contract offers, but was waiting for the right opportunity.

The Jets, Patriots and Browns are coached by extensions of the Bill Parcells coaching tree. Parcells is now the Dolphins' VP of Football Operations.

The Dolphins are thin at the position, and allowed Texans quarterback Matt Schaub to throw for 378 yards in Sunday's 29-28 loss to Houston. Andre' Goodman did not practice Thursday due to what coach Tony Sparano called "a personal emergency," and Michael Lehan worked in his starting spot. Will Allen, who has been bothered by a sore knee, did practice. Sparano said he expected Goodman and Allen to play Sunday, and spoke highly of Jason Allen as a cornerback.

Is this the end of Goodman?

Id rather have Law than Goodman... Its not like either one of them are plans for the future and at 34, IMO Law is still an upgrade over Goodman

Good news. Despite his age he would bring a much needed veteran presence to our secondary.

The end of Goodman? I doubt it, but who knows...

I would take him, but only for a cheap deal. I trust Parcells desicison making when it comes to this stuff.

not me.. i'd rather sign law too add depth and the knowhow to our secondary.. the guy is old, and may be a liability.. but if he can keep up with ted ginn in practice or his workout thing... then we should sign him, he knows how to defend the pass.. so if he can keep up with true NFL speed, then sign him, if he cant cover ginn, w'll just have to roll with this crappy secondary until the offseason

please sign him. we have no young guys to develope. if he were going to come in a nd block a young guy from playing i would be 100% against it. otherwise our CBs outside will allen are pathetic and saying they arent physical is an extreme understatement.

If he can help us... sign him. I'm not talking about a long term deal here. Sign him for a one year deal IF and I do mean IF he is better than what we have now.

Like the news, but it wont get done till atleast next week. I think the three games we have lost have alot to do with the Secondary.

Law would bring verteran savvy that we so desperately need. He may not be what he once was.. but he's got to be better than Goodman!

IMO I'd rather give a young guy a shot. Why not stick Billingsley in there or give JAllen a crack at it. If they think Law is still legit that's great but if he is then why are we waiting until week 6 to talk to him.

I was hoping this year is all about building and seeing who has potential for the long haul. We don't have a young secondary - who is being groomed? Certainly not JAllen.

He's done, and out of football since last year he's probably worse than what we have. If he's cheap and IS better than what we have, then i guess it's worth the shot signing him, but i am skeptical.

Back
Top Bottom