MERGEDX3: Fins reach out to Law | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX3: Fins reach out to Law

Like the news, but it wont get done till atleast next week. I think the three games we have lost have alot to do with the Secondary.

Nah, what would lead you to believe that? Favre TD bombs to WIDE OPEN Crotchery and WIDE OPEN Stuckey, or WarnerTD bombs to WIDE OPEN Bolden, 3 times, and Schuab rolling us for almost 400 yards... :(

We'vr given up 3 rushing TD's to 8 passing TD's this year

We're in sorry shape if we have to count on an old broken down CB like Law.

No arguement here... Our secondary are the ones in bad shape when a 34 year old Ty Law is an upgrade over a 30 year old Andre goodman. Actually, I didnt realize Goodman is only 4 years younger than Law.

Geeze, I'm surprised it has taken this long. I've been saying we should get him in for a work out since draft day.:shakeno:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-law101608,0,7686958.story

The Dolphins have reached out to representatives for veteran free agent cornerback Ty Law, to discuss a workout for the five-time Pro Bowl selection, according to a source.

Law, 34, hasn't played in the NFL this season, after starting 16 games for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2007. The South Florida resident has 52 career interceptions, including 10 for the New York Jets, but is best known for his 10 seasons with the New England Patriots. Law visited with the Jets during the offseason, and had phone conversations with the Patriots and Cleveland Browns. In July, he said that he had contract offers, but was waiting for the right opportunity.

The Jets, Patriots and Browns are coached by extensions of the Bill Parcells coaching tree. Parcells is now the Dolphins' VP of Football Operations.

The Dolphins are thin at the position, and allowed Texans quarterback Matt Schaub to throw for 378 yards in Sunday's 29-28 loss to Houston. Andre' Goodman did not practice Thursday due to what coach Tony Sparano called "a personal emergency," and Michael Lehan worked in his starting spot. Will Allen, who has been bothered by a sore knee, did practice. Sparano said he expected Goodman and Allen to play Sunday, and spoke highly of Jason Allen as a cornerback.

Is this the end of Goodman?
end of Goodman???:err:

more like the end of the WHOLE secondary.This is probably top 5 worst secondaries on the league.Obviously it would take 2-3 years to revamp it,but no question in my mind that Hill(dropped a game ending INT vs Houston),Goodman(again,dropped a game winning INT),Crocker(why did we even sign him?) and Lehan(he is probably the best outside Allen and Bell),but none of our secondary players are younger than 27,and thats an issue...

more like the end of the WHOLE secondary.This is probably top 5 worst secondaries on the league.Obviously it would take 2-3 years to revamp it,but no question in my mind that Hill(dropped a game ending INT vs Houston),Goodman(again,dropped a game winning INT),Crocker(why did we even sign him?) and Lehan(he is probably the best outside Allen and Bell),but none of our secondary players are younger than 27,and thats an issue...

That's what I wondered. Crocker was the worst member of the Falcons secondary and we signed him to be a starter. YEESH!!!!

I meant THIS year. Its pretty self explanatory that our entire secondary will get revamped in upcoming years.

That's what I wondered. Crocker was the worst member of the Falcons secondary and we signed him to be a starter. YEESH!!!!

We originally signed crocker particularly for special teams prowess. Allen was originally supposed to start at FS but to the surprise of the coaching staff, Crocker beat him out

We signed him to be a starter on our special teams. Our secondary was just so bad that he got that job.

I started the fire Crooker bandwagon after the Jets game :D

I think this may have more to do with Will Allen's injury and the fact that we have no depth behind him. It may also be a stopgap until Jason Allen is ready. It takes time to develop at CB and JA has only been there for a few weeks. With as big and physical as he is, I can't see them not starting him eventually.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-law101608,0,7686958.story

The Dolphins have reached out to representatives for veteran free agent cornerback Ty Law, to discuss a workout for the five-time Pro Bowl selection, according to a source.

Law, 34, hasn't played in the NFL this season, after starting 16 games for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2007. The South Florida resident has 52 career interceptions, including 10 for the New York Jets, but is best known for his 10 seasons with the New England Patriots. Law visited with the Jets during the offseason, and had phone conversations with the Patriots and Cleveland Browns. In July, he said that he had contract offers, but was waiting for the right opportunity.

The Jets, Patriots and Browns are coached by extensions of the Bill Parcells coaching tree. Parcells is now the Dolphins' VP of Football Operations.

The Dolphins are thin at the position, and allowed Texans quarterback Matt Schaub to throw for 378 yards in Sunday's 29-28 loss to Houston. Andre' Goodman did not practice Thursday due to what coach Tony Sparano called "a personal emergency," and Michael Lehan worked in his starting spot. Will Allen, who has been bothered by a sore knee, did practice. Sparano said he expected Goodman and Allen to play Sunday, and spoke highly of Jason Allen as a cornerback.

Is this the end of Goodman?

It wouldnt be the end of Goodman, it would be the end of the lowest CB on the chain. Even if Law were a starter, Goodman would still be in the rotation and get time as a Nickel and Dime package corner.

I meant THIS year. Its pretty self explanatory that our entire secondary will get revamped in upcoming years.
I wasnt directing my hate towards you...more like out past coaches and such...those unholy names to Football Gods ears should never be mentioned again...:couch3:

Back
Top Bottom