MERGEDX5: TY Law signed to the Jets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX5: TY Law signed to the Jets

If you liked that one, then you will LOVE this one

Miami wins
Denver- DIVISION LEADER
Patriots- DIVISION LEADER
San Diego-probably a 500 club
Buffalo- probably a 500 club
Seattle- probably a sub 500 club

Miami losses
Ravens- DIVISION LEADER
Arizona- DIVISION LEADER
Jets- DIVISION LEADER
Houston- Whom we have never beaten

Jet wins
Arizona- DIVISION LEADER
Miami-probably a 500 club
Buffalo- probably a 500 club
Cincinnati- A sub 500 club
Kansas City A sub 500 club
Rams- A sub 500 club

Jets Losses
New England- DIVISION LEADER
San Diego- A 500 club
Oakland- A sub 500 club

Now we can both roll around in laughter
:sidelol:
I took the liberty of adding our win on the road against the Bills to that list. Is the Dolphins loss to the Jets a credit to them because we're the division leader? If the Jets beat the Pats tomorrow night, what does there classification turn into?

Our only horrible loss was the one @Oakland. That was disturbing. San Diego on the road is tough. NE - bah - those pricks just have our number. Hopefully our fortunes change tomorrow night.

I really don't see how the Law move hurts us. We drop a player who was inactive the entire season except for one game and pickup a guy who will almost certainly be an upgrade in the nickel/dime position over the awful Drew Coleman. If he doesn't work out we just inactivate him like Miller or cut him. It's worth a shot to see if he has anything left in the tank.

It's simple really
someone who contributes on gameday > someone who doesn't

I took the liberty of adding our win on the road against the Bills to that list. Is the Dolphins loss to the Jets a credit to them because we're the division leader? If the Jets beat the Pats tomorrow night, what does there classification turn into?

Our only horrible loss was the one @Oakland. That was disturbing. San Diego on the road is tough. NE - bah - those pricks just have our number. Hopefully our fortunes change tomorrow night.

I really don't see how the Law move hurts us. We drop a player who was inactive the entire season except for one game and pickup a guy who will almost certainly be an upgrade in the nickel/dime position over the awful Drew Coleman. If he doesn't work out we just inactivate him like Miller or cut him. It's worth a shot to see if he has anything left in the tank.

It's simple really
someone who contributes on gameday > someone who doesn't
Any fair and resonable person can not look at what could be only what it is, and right now it is what it is.

IF the jets win tomorrow, and IF they bet the titans and IF they havent started to snowball out of control and beat Denver, of course i would give them credit for what they are. But right now they havent beat anyone of any importance. A fair and balanced person would say-yeah, all we have done is beaten bad teams.

Trust me I would be the first to say that if we had your record (i know you dont knnow me enough to trust me but...)

Your losses is real bad losses as I explained in my breakdown- we will see and will be able to know more in three weeks. It could be a tough 3 weeks for you.

As far as law goes- a lot of people would have said in 2003 "How does having jay fiedler on this team hurt us... Depth is a good thing"

I said its too tempting to have Jay "the washed up neverhasbeen" fiedler on our team because its too easy to fall back on. One minute he confuses you with his brilliant flash of mediocrity, the next hes throwing a game losing pick 6 in the last minute of a season ending game.

Of course thats just me, maybe you have 100 percent faith that your coaches could never fall for a "name" player. I just dont have it in me for that type of faith. :unsure:

Regardless of the argument as to whether the Jets or the Dolphins have more quality wins, Ty Law was cut by the stinkin Chiefs by his former coach in NY. I just don't think he has it anymore. As a Jet fan I would be hopeful, but reminds me a little of the Ravens signing Deion a few years back. He may make a few big plays but as a whole he probably doesn't help the team any more than Miller or Lowery as a 3rd CB.

Any fair and resonable person can not look at what could be only what it is, and right now it is what it is.

IF the jets win tomorrow, and IF they bet the titans and IF they havent started to snowball out of control and beat Denver, of course i would give them credit for what they are. But right now they havent beat anyone of any importance. A fair and balanced person would say-yeah, all we have done is beaten bad teams.
The Cards are a good team. The Bills are OK and pretty tough at home. My opinion is that the Fins are better than the Bills, but we beat you guys week one and you're a better team now. To say we only beat bad teams isn't a fair statement IMO, but I agree we haven't beat any world killers. We don't have a signature win.

Trust me I would be the first to say that if we had your record (i know you dont knnow me enough to trust me but...)

Your losses is real bad losses as I explained in my breakdown- we will see and will be able to know more in three weeks. It could be a tough 3 weeks for you.
SD in SD is a tough team. Oakland was horrible. The Pats was probably the worse loss simply because they are a division opponent, but they're still a good team. I guess we just disagree.

As far as law goes- a lot of people would have said in 2003 "How does having jay fiedler on this team hurt us... Depth is a good thing"

I said its too tempting to have Jay "the washed up neverhasbeen" fiedler on our team because its too easy to fall back on. One minute he confuses you with his brilliant flash of mediocrity, the next hes throwing a game losing pick 6 in the last minute of a season ending game.

Of course thats just me, maybe you have 100 percent faith that your coaches could never fall for a "name" player. I just dont have it in me for that type of faith. :unsure:
I don't think you understand how bad Coleman is. Odds are Law is an upgrade, but only time will tell. If he isn't then we just cut him, no big deal really.

The Cards are a good team. The Bills are OK and pretty tough at home. My opinion is that the Fins are better than the Bills, but we beat you guys week one and you're a better team now. To say we only beat bad teams isn't a fair statement IMO, but I agree we haven't beat any world killers. We don't have a signature win.
Now you forced me into being fair, Arizona is a good team, that as why i listed them as a division leader in my breakdown. I do tend to discredit a jets win because, i am that 70s hardcore dolphin kind of fan that has two favorite teams, Miami and any team that is playing jets this week.

However i am not even going to go as far as you. I dont think Miami is as good as the Bills, until they get their run blocking problem fixed (having ronnie and ricky in the backfield and still cant get 3 yards when you need it is not acceptable) and we play special teams like a bunch of high school students.

But I do believe we beat the bills in one area- our coaches (excluding our ST coach) are better coaches.

NE is in trouble, unfortunatly for the rest of the division, they dont realize it yet.

SD in SD is a tough team. Oakland was horrible. The Pats was probably the worse loss simply because they are a division opponent, but they're still a good team. I guess we just disagree.

I am not sold on the "Let me throw 2 interceptions but i will get you 3 touch downs" approach to winning games. I dont know why but I could never like that. :unsure:

I don't think you understand how bad Coleman is. Odds are Law is an upgrade, but only time will tell. If he isn't then we just cut him, no big deal really.

I tried to put myself in your place, I know i didnt want law here and our secondary can have 747 size holes in it, yet i still didnt want him. Like i said above older players can become traps. Coaches tend to pass on good players for other holes simply because of the name, they tend to put them in games just because of the name and a prayer that they can come up with one more primetime play. To me the risk outweighs the reward- this i think is where we disagree the most.

Back
Top Bottom