Miami are picking up Ju'Wuan James' 5th year option, per PFF | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami are picking up Ju'Wuan James' 5th year option, per PFF

Good to hear, he finished the season strong once be became accustomed to the new technique...

James is a solid player overall, he is never going to be top in his position, but he showed that at the end of last season, he can be consistent on the outside.

In 2 years when James is scheduled to hit free agency, the going rate for a quality starting right tackle will be around what his 5th year option is.

No brainer move.

No brainer.

If he continues to trend up this season he'll be taken care of with an extension. Don't need to create another need on the OL, as center is likely going to be a huge need soon enough and we will need another guard next year to replace Bushrod.

Oh, OK ... Didn't know that.

I learn something new every day. :up:

(maybe tomorrow it'll be how to tie my shoes. :chuckle:)

Oh, OK ... Didn't know that.

I learn something new every day. :up:

(maybe tomorrow it'll be how to tie my shoes. :chuckle:)

Why wait until tomorrow...
[video=youtube;gbaHxsilsKI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbaHxsilsKI[/video]

Might want to dial it back a notch. It's Monday for Bump, don't want to scramble his cerebellum so early in the week.

Let's be honest here, it is West Virginia and the idea of "shoes" is foreign to all but the 1%.

Hes an average starting RT. Once training camp ends, the coaching staff will know Eric Smith (UDFA) will be his replacement. I can't believe he went undrafted.

Ole Ted Slimm posted this back in October I believe. I trust his opinion above all others.

"I'm glad you brought him up, because he's a kid who I've been really impressed with for a long time. I have a Round 3 grade on him, and that'll go up if he tests as well as he plays."

"He sticks out like a sore thumb on Virginia's offensive line because of his hustle, attitude, and nastiness."

"He plays until the echo of the whistle every snap. Plays the game right on the edge...he goes as far as you can possibly go without getting a flag. It's perfection. I love it. Always hustling and looking for somebody to hit. He plays with an aggressiveness and nastiness that's not very common. I think this is one of those guys that you can kick inside and not have to worry about that guard spot for a decade. I just haven't seen many like him to be honest. He's been a pillar of strength and durability on the Cavs offensive line since he was a true freshman.

The Pittsburgh game is ideal in terms of illustrating what I'm talking about. Everybody should watch the Pitt/UVA game and just watch #72. They'll get it pretty quick, it won't take long."

The fifth year option is automatically built in to all first round draft picks per the NFL CBA. It's only guaranteed for injury though, so he can still be cut in order to get off the hook (unless he's injured, then the value becomes guaranteed).

I think 8.1M is too much for James and hope we get a better deal in a multi-year contract with a fair guaranteed amount.

Back
Top Bottom